2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

7 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Who cares? Isn’t the goal to win a title? ND has been to two playoffs the last 4 years and we’ve established just getting there is no longer good enough. 

Also, I got news for you, none of those 3 are going to beat Bama. Why? Bc they have the best QB. Bama will embarrass UGA again bc they have a legitimate NFL QB and UGA has a dud. 

Although you’ve been on board of saying ND needs to recruit better at QB(which I agree), you’ve also been on board saying this is about as good as ND can get. Recruiting 5 stars is damn near impossible-That the playoffs are as good as it gets and that winning one playoff game would be the planets aligning. NOW, it’s not good enough and ND needs to some how get 5 star qb’s under Rees-when BK couldn’t even get BK 5 star qbs…and now they have a shot at a championship?  You’re contradicting yourself a lot here. 

Steve Angeli, if you're reading this, we really do love you and want you at Notre Dame.  We hope you have a great experience at ND and have more success than any quarterback at Notre Dame this century.  Some of us who post on DomerDomain just have different ways of expressing ourselves.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Although you’ve been on board of saying ND needs to recruit better at QB(which I agree), you’ve also been on board saying this is about as good as ND can get. Recruiting 5 stars is damn near impossible-That the playoffs are as good as it gets and that winning one playoff game would be the planets aligning. NOW, it’s not good enough and ND needs to some how get 5 star qb’s under Rees-when BK couldn’t even get BK 5 star qbs…and now they have a shot at a championship?  You’re contradicting yourself a lot here. 

No, I’ve said ND can’t recruit the depth of 5* talent the Bama, UGA, and OSU can. They can get one elite QB every 2 years, that’s absolutely doable. 

16 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Steve Angeli, if you're reading this, we really do love you and want you at Notre Dame.  We hope you have a great experience at ND and have more success than any quarterback at Notre Dame this century.  Some of us who post on DomerDomain just have different ways of expressing ourselves.

🤣

12 minutes ago, golson5 said:

You said he wasn't p5

He’s borderline. There’s not much difference bw those schools and the MAC. I just don’t understand how you can buy into this kid when his HS #s are so mediocre. I’ve seen this mistake made many times. 

I might sound like a Homer, but I saw both Peyton Ramsey and Sean Clifford play multiple times in HS. There was never a doubt Ramsey was the better player. Clifford has actively held Penn St back while Ramsey helped elevated Indiana & even took Northwestern to the B10 Title game. Angeli reminds me of Clifford & and Andrew Hendrix. If all your highlights are from 7 v 7 or camps, that’s a monster red flag.

20 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I don’t you hate you either. It’s not your fault our QB coach is a shit recruiter. 

30 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I don’t you hate you either. It’s not your fault our QB coach is a shit recruiter. 

Would Cade Klubnik have made you happy? Because Tommy had ND very much in it and BK didn’t want to talk to the kid and his family. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 1

Tommy is not a terrible recruiter either. Can he improve? Yes. He even says that but he isn’t bad. He’s the reason a lot of the offensive players are in this class and stayed in this class. 

I appreciate your passion but the drama is top level too. You “lost your mind” at the Jackson Arnold offer but now it’s ok and he’s one of your top QB picks. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 2

55 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

He’s borderline. There’s not much difference bw those schools and the MAC. I just don’t understand how you can buy into this kid when his HS #s are so mediocre. I’ve seen this mistake made many times. 

I might sound like a Homer, but I saw both Peyton Ramsey and Sean Clifford play multiple times in HS. There was never a doubt Ramsey was the better player. Clifford has actively held Penn St back while Ramsey helped elevated Indiana & even took Northwestern to the B10 Title game. Angeli reminds me of Clifford & and Andrew Hendrix. If all your highlights are from 7 v 7 or camps, that’s a monster red flag.

That's where you go off the rails because hes nothing at all like Hendrix. That makes me think you never have seen him or you just don't have a clue.  Which one is it

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, golson5 said:

That's where you go off the rails because hes nothing at all like Hendrix. That makes me think you never have seen him or you just don't have a clue.  Which one is it

Not a similar player, overhyped based on camp performances when play on the field is suspect. 

3 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Tommy is not a terrible recruiter either. Can he improve? Yes. He even says that but he isn’t bad. He’s the reason a lot of the offensive players are in this class and stayed in this class. 

I appreciate your passion but the drama is top level too. You “lost your mind” at the Jackson Arnold offer but now it’s ok and he’s one of your top QB picks. 

Yeah bc there’s more film on him now. We’ve got two yrs on Angeli and he didn’t do a god damn thing.

5 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

No, I’ve said ND can’t recruit the depth of 5* talent the Bama, UGA, and OSU can. They can get one elite QB every 2 years, that’s absolutely doable. 

And we got Buchner last year.  So if we are meeting your standard, what's your problem?

Rees has said he screwed up QB recruiting in 2022, he is doing much better in 2023, and he proved his chops by being the lead recruiter for half the offensive class this year.  Why don't we cut him some slack and revisit this next year?

1 hour ago, BAgate said:

And we got Buchner last year.  So if we are meeting your standard, what's your problem?

Rees has said he screwed up QB recruiting in 2022, he is doing much better in 2023, and he proved his chops by being the lead recruiter for half the offensive class this year.  Why don't we cut him some slack and revisit this next year?

Buchner is still an unproven commodity and he’s not doing better in ‘23 until he gets a commitment