2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

I don’t know about how to run an offense, but I have watched a lot of football at all levels. 

At every level I have watched, coaches took advantage of the skills of their quarterback. If a guy had a great arm, they used that. If he was a great runner, they used that. 

I’ve seen a lot of run-first offenses that utilized a quarterback’s great arm to their advantage. I agree to some extent with Elder that, if Angelli really does have a strong passing ability, they would have used it. Even if they were a run-first team. 

Am I incorrect in this line of thinking?

3 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I don’t know about how to run an offense, but I have watched a lot of football at all levels. 

At every level I have watched, coaches took advantage of the skills of their quarterback. If a guy had a great arm, they used that. If he was a great runner, they used that. 

I’ve seen a lot of run-first offenses that utilized a quarterback’s great arm to their advantage. I agree to some extent with Elder that, if Angelli really does have a strong passing ability, they would have used it. Even if they were a run-first team. 

Am I incorrect in this line of thinking?

In this one it sounded like Angeli missed some time their running back Ryan Butler had 238 yards. Butler is committed to Princeton. You gotta remember. Angeli had been done being recruited for awhile. As a HS coach you want to get all your best players offers and PROTECT the ones that have their future secured like Angeli. 

Head coach Vito Campinile(Spelling)

"The gameplan never changes. We're going to take what they give us. We feel like we have the best QB in the state. Ryan Butler is as good of running back that you will find anywhere.  We have two amazing running backs. We trust our kids and they trust each other. Our Gameplan is to win."

12 hours ago, jimbo said:

That's a big assumption, Elder

he (and one or two others) are saying the same thing about Buchner this year. Even though Buchner was put in as a special package with a run priority. He did alright in his one game with extended time.... as a true freshmen who didnt play his senior year of high school.

14 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Did Ohio State, Michigan, Stanford, LSU, and Oregon... all lose their F'ing minds when they offered this kid. 

Do you even watch HS football. There are a lot of teams like Bergen. 

No, but better believe he was their plan B

58 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Nothing impressive. Not a single deep ball over 40 yards. Rees better step it up in recruiting, he’s not good enough to play at this level.

He had some nice zip on a few of the throws and a tight spiral.  I don’t have all the tape on this kid, nor do I care to research it. Maybe you have looked at every snap this kid has thrown, I don’t know or care.  
Has there been a QB we have recruited that you did agree with ? Curious how they lived up to your expectations. 

4 hours ago, vangordersmustache said:

He had some nice zip on a few of the throws and a tight spiral.  I don’t have all the tape on this kid, nor do I care to research it. Maybe you have looked at every snap this kid has thrown, I don’t know or care.  
Has there been a QB we have recruited that you did agree with ? Curious how they lived up to your expectations. 

Yeah on intermediate passes. I was on board with Buchner and I desperately want Dante Moore. I’ve never been a fan of Angeli. I don’t take anyone who wasn’t good enough to start at least 2 yrs on Varsity, seriously.

11 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Yeah on intermediate passes. I was on board with Buchner and I desperately want Dante Moore. I’ve never been a fan of Angeli. I don’t take anyone who wasn’t good enough to start at least 2 yrs on Varsity, seriously.

Bem Roethlisberger started 1 year of high school

Kyle Trask didn't start at all in high school