2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

18 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Buchner is still an unproven commodity and he’s not doing better in ‘23 until he gets a commitment 

Buchner was a stud recruit.  You said we should get 1 stud recruit every 2 years.  If you are only going to judge by hindsight your standards are unrealistic.
And as for 2023, the issue with 2022 was he was late in evaluating and offering.  You can't say that about 2023.  So, no, the results aren't yet better, but the process is.

So why the knee jerk reaction based on 1 recruiting class?

15 hours ago, BAgate said:

Buchner was a stud recruit.  You said we should get 1 stud recruit every 2 years.  If you are only going to judge by hindsight your standards are unrealistic.
And as for 2023, the issue with 2022 was he was late in evaluating and offering.  You can't say that about 2023.  So, no, the results aren't yet better, but the process is.

So why the knee jerk reaction based on 1 recruiting class?

He’s been the QB coach since ‘17. TBH, the Angeli signing is so monstrously bad, it should immediately put him on the hot seat. As I said, Rutgers got a better QB than ND. 

1 minute ago, ELDER06 said:

He’s been the QB coach since ‘17. TBH, the Angeli signing is so monstrously bad, it should immediately put him on the hot seat. As I said, Rutgers got a better QB than ND. 

No it shouldn’t. You are way over the top on this. Way too early to definitively state any of this. Just like your Jackson Arnold reaction. Like I said Cade Klubnik was very interested in ND because of Tommy and BK did nothing. Ultimately Tommy went with Angeli over Allar which I can understand questioning. Time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

No it shouldn’t. You are way over the top on this. Way too early to definitively state any of this. Just like your Jackson Arnold reaction. Like I said Cade Klubnik was very interested in ND because of Tommy and BK did nothing. Ultimately Tommy went with Angeli over Allar which I can understand questioning. Time will tell. 

Rees is a shitty Coach, get rid of his butt now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 10:57 AM, ELDER06 said:

Who cares? Isn’t the goal to win a title? ND has been to two playoffs the last 4 years and we’ve established just getting there is no longer good enough. 

Also, I got news for you, none of those 3 are going to beat Bama. Why? Bc they have the best QB. Bama will embarrass UGA again bc they have a legitimate NFL QB and UGA has a dud. 

Uh-Um. Of course you can’t be here. But I’ll wait for you to come back and enjoy that slow-cooked crow. Tell me how that shyt burger tastes :)) 🙈

What's awesome about this is that it shows its not just about the QB. 

The QB needs to have good receivers, and a good OL, and a good blocking RB as well as be accurate, read the defense, timing, etc, etc.  If any of those pieces fail, then the offense will have issues.  Look at AL; they lose top receivers and they couldn't handle the blitz.  What happens?  The offense was nothing.  A Heisman trophy winning QB, consensus top QB in the land,  was marginalized.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nd1989 said:

What's awesome about this is that it shows its not just about the QB. 

The QB needs to have good receivers, and a good OL, and a good blocking RB as well as be accurate, read the defense, timing, etc, etc.  If any of those pieces fail, then the offense will have issues.  Look at AL; they lose top receivers and they couldn't handle the blitz.  What happens?  The offense was nothing.  A Heisman trophy winning QB, consensus top QB in the land,  was marginalized.

They literally looked like ND. We moved the ball on Georgia but never had good separation from the receivers. Also, Book couldn’t read defenses so that didn’t help. 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:58 PM, coltssb said:

Uh-Um. Of course you can’t be here. But I’ll wait for you to come back and enjoy that slow-cooked crow. Tell me how that shyt burger tastes :)) 🙈

Yeah, Bama’s AA WR blowing out his knee totally didn’t impact the game. And Bennett didn’t win anything. UGA’s Red Zone D is why they won, but don’t let reality get in the way of a good story. 

It reminds me of that lame butt De La Salle movie w/ Jim Cavaziel. They try to paint DLS as these massive underdogs going up vs Poly w/ 20 D1 players. What that movie doesn’t tell you is DLS had Maurice Jones Drew and he dominated that game. We need to stop romanticizing sports like their movies. 

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

Yeah, Bama’s AA WR blowing out his knee totally didn’t impact the game. And Bennett didn’t win anything. UGA’s Red Zone D is why they won, but don’t let reality get in the way of a good story. 

It reminds me of that lame butt De La Salle movie w/ Jim Cavaziel. They try to paint DLS as these massive underdogs going up vs Poly w/ 20 D1 players. What that movie doesn’t tell you is DLS had Maurice Jones Drew and he dominated that game. We need to stop romanticizing sports like their movies. 

Haha.  I keep proving you wrong and you can't admit it!  You said Georgia couldn't win with Bennett and they did.  I also saw Bennett throw TWO absolutely beautiful dimes to his receivers that crushed Bama's soul.  So, give the guy his due  He did exactly what they asked.  When there's one on one coverage and it's the match-up they like, they capitalized on it.  If Book could had read a defense and did what Bennett did, ND would had won a game in the playoffs for BK once.  But he couldn't and didn't  SO....a qb managing quarterback CAN work.  

Now, saying that, I agree, Bama losing it's wideouts hurt them and they would had probably won again.  But that's football.  Sorry, that Bama's other 5 start freshman wideouts couldn't step up.  Boo-hoo...

Remember, no one in twenty years is going to remember Alabama's wideouts were out except Bama fans.  Everyone else will remember Georgia won a National Title in 2021-22.  

• Heart 1

Just now, coltssb said:

Haha.  I keep proving you wrong and you can't admit it!  You said Georgia couldn't win with Bennett and they did.  I also saw Bennett throw TWO absolutely beautiful dimes to his receivers that crushed Bama's soul.  So, give the guy his due  He did exactly what they asked.  When there's one on one coverage and it's the match-up they like, they capitalized on it.  If Book could had read a defense and did what Bennett did, ND would had won a game in the playoffs for BK once.  But he couldn't and didn't  SO....a qb managing quarterback CAN work.  

Now, saying that, I agree, Bama losing it's wideouts hurt them and they would had probably won again.  But that's football.  Sorry, that Bama's other 5 start freshman wideouts couldn't step up.  Boo-hoo...

Remember, no one in twenty years is going to remember Alabama's wideouts were out except Bama fans.  Everyone else will remember Georgia won a National Title in 2021-22.  

I’m bothered that the outstanding performance of the UGA D is overlooked in favor of Bennett bc that’s a better story. Bama got inside the RZ 4x and only scored 1 TD. That was the difference in the game. Bennett throw two good passes and people are acting like he threw for 400 yards and 5 TDs, 

• Leprechaun 1

11 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I’m bothered that the outstanding performance of the UGA D is overlooked in favor of Bennett bc that’s a better story. Bama got inside the RZ 4x and only scored 1 TD. That was the difference in the game. Bennett throw two good passes and people are acting like he threw for 400 yards and 5 TDs, 

That's exactly the point I've been making.  Georgia relied on it's defense and a "game-managing" qb to win.  Just as I said can be done.  Thanks for clarifying "my point."  Now....does the crow taste good or not?  Because you said they couldn't win with that style.  They did...

17 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I don’t think anyone is over looking that as it was impressive. I just think he is pointing out that Georgia won without a dynamic QB. Specifically that you said they could not win with Bennet and they did no matter how everything else played out they won with Bennet.

It's funny, when I read this comment from Elder06, 

"Also, I got news for you, none of those 3 are going to beat Bama. Why? Bc they have the best QB. Bama will embarrass UGA again bc they have a legitimate NFL QB and UGA has a dud."

It seems pretty adamant to me. Somehow, not only did Alabama not embarrass UGA, they lost to UGA.

But now, Elder seems to be backtracking and not willing to back up his earlier assertions. Did UGA's defense come out of nowhere for the NC game? How much impact did losing Williams actually have on the game? Alabama had scored a total of 3 points with Williams when he went out even though Williams had already played in just under one third of the game.

Might want to take any future opinions from Elder with a grain of salt since the Heisman QB lost to UGA's "Dud"

9 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

It's funny, when I read this comment from Elder06, 

"Also, I got news for you, none of those 3 are going to beat Bama. Why? Bc they have the best QB. Bama will embarrass UGA again bc they have a legitimate NFL QB and UGA has a dud."

It seems pretty adamant to me. Somehow, not only did Alabama not embarrass UGA, they lost to UGA.

But now, Elder seems to be backtracking and not willing to back up his earlier assertions. Did UGA's defense come out of nowhere for the NC game? How much impact did losing Williams actually have on the game? Alabama had scored a total of 3 points with Williams when he went out even though Williams had already played in just under one third of the game.

Might want to take any future opinions from Elder with a grain of salt since the Heisman QB lost to UGA's "Dud"

The only reason Georgia won was because Alabama s guys got hurt 

5 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

The only reason Georgia won was because Alabama s guys got hurt 

Baloney.  Bama’s qb is a scrub.  A Heisman qb would hit his receivers regardless.  Georgia’s players made plays while Bama’s qb couldn’t handle the pressure UGA sent literally every play…they didn’t do that in the SEC Championship.  Georgia played a lot more zone.  

23 hours ago, coltssb said:

That's exactly the point I've been making.  Georgia relied on it's defense and a "game-managing" qb to win.  Just as I said can be done.  Thanks for clarifying "my point."  Now....does the crow taste good or not?  Because you said they couldn't win with that style.  They did...

Again, tell me how this plays out w/ Williams. UGA’s process isn’t something ND should try to duplicate. We’re all ignoring this was a down yr in college football, you need a stud QB to win at a high level most yrs. 

15 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

Remember when this thread was about Angeli?

I think we can all agree that once Angeli steps on campus, it won’t matter who we hire as the runningbacks coach since Angeli will be taking us to multiple national championships with his arm.  Just need to the runningbacks to block for him.