2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I'm clearly not emoji-proficient.

Reading from left to right, it looks like Alabama, Oregon, then ?? is that an anchor or is that Arizona State, Texas?, Georgia, a lion?, a rocket?

It was definitely confusing to me, but it is: Alabama, Oregon, Arizona State, Texas, Georgia, Mizzou, and Florida State (it's supposed to be a spear).

It was definitely confusing to me, but it is: Alabama, Oregon, Arizona State, Texas, Georgia, Mizzou, and Florida State (it's supposed to be a spear).

Thank you.

All I can think is, lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Because, I'm thinkin' that's a lion, not a tiger. But I'm bearish on this anyway. Oh my.

I haven’t updated the front page yet with offers because so many are going out right now BUT this one is interesting

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow! I am truly excited to say that I have received a(n) offer from <br>THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME!! ☘️<a href="

">@BrianPolian</a> <a href="
">@GregBiggins</a> <a href="
">@adamgorney</a> <a href="
">@AlemanyFootball</a> <a href="
">@NDFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/fZ9ZKIDERG">pic.twitter.com/fZ9ZKIDERG</a></p>— Niuafe Junior Tuihalamaka (@JuniorNiuafe) <a href="
">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1 of The favorites for the 2021 Butkus award is 6‘2“ 235 LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka. I visited with him last year and came impressed with his quickness, strength, aggressiveness and attitude. Team leader with great focus. The Mission Hills Bishop Alemany star can do it all. <a href="https://t.co/MEEvkU8NdG">pic.twitter.com/MEEvkU8NdG</a></p>— Tom Lemming (@LemmingReport) <a href="

">January 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">? <a href="https://t.co/MZzTnnMzJv">pic.twitter.com/MZzTnnMzJv</a></p>— Niuafe Junior Tuihalamaka (@JuniorNiuafe) <a href="

">January 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like he’s a big time Teo fan.

Wow - that is big news about Tuihalamaka's decommitment on the heels of getting our offer. I know he was excited to get our offer, but wow.

The interesting offer for me was Ty Simpson. I know he's a stud with offers from Clemson, Bama, Georgia and the like, but I gathered that we are in really good position with Angeli and Wimsatt

What does the new QB offer say about Angeli? I am guessing Angeli would commit whenever he's given the go ahead. I think the new offer suggests they prefer a higher rated prospect if possible.

I'm sure it's a good reason. It might be because they don't have a good feeling about either of their two QB offers committing. I for one really like Angeli, and he was one of their only two offers at QB. I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to commit, they would take him right now in a heartbeat.

if you mean they offered Simpson because he is higher rated by the services. They don't give a crap about where players are rated by services. They do their own analysis.

Edited by Domers23

What does the new QB offer say about Angeli? I am guessing Angeli would commit whenever he's given the go ahead. I think the new offer suggests they prefer a higher rated prospect if possible.

I’m not big on Angelli or Wimstat. They seem like Book and Wimbush part 2. Simpson is an elite QB, I’m hoping UT botches their coaching hire so ND has a chance.

Freeman so far has been very impressive on the recruiting trail. If he coaches with this same intensity, we may have a truly elite defense. Now the offensive side needs to recruit with the same intensity.

But according to multiple people, ND cannot recruit elite talent and they have been recruiting as well as they could be expected to. They can only recruit elite OL and TEs since elite prospects at other positions want to go to schools where they do not have to care about academics and have good weather and cute girls.

Surely a coach like Freeman (despite starting his work day at 5:45 am and being an intense recruiter) cannot be expected to recruit better than ND had been doing. I am sure that he will soon learn that barely cracking the Top 10 is the best that ND can hope for. Maybe he will start sleeping in and stop putting so much effort into recruiting since there is no way that ND can compete on the recruiting trail with schools like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State.

The more I learn about Freeman, the more I like. It's too bad that he will probably last no more than two years at ND before he gets hired away to be head coach somewhere.

Some people find success by working hard, strike it rich financially, and just keep going and continue to work just as hard if not even harder. Others when their hard work gives them financial security, take their foot off the gas and no longer work with the same hunger they had before making their fortune.

Now just imagine if ND had a head coach who acted as hungry as Freeman and who outworked other head coaches and inspired his entire staff to work as hard as possible at recruiting.

But according to multiple people, ND cannot recruit elite talent and they have been recruiting as well as they could be expected to. They can only recruit elite OL and TEs since elite prospects at other positions want to go to schools where they do not have to care about academics and have good weather and cute girls.

Surely a coach like Freeman (despite starting his work day at 5:45 am and being an intense recruiter) cannot be expected to recruit better than ND had been doing. I am sure that he will soon learn that barely cracking the Top 10 is the best that ND can hope for. Maybe he will start sleeping in and stop putting so much effort into recruiting since there is no way that ND can compete on the recruiting trail with schools like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State.

The more I learn about Freeman, the more I like. It's too bad that he will probably last no more than two years at ND before he gets hired away to be head coach somewhere.

Some people find success by working hard, strike it rich financially, and just keep going and continue to work just as hard if not even harder. Others when their hard work gives them financial security, take their foot off the gas and no longer work with the same hunger they had before making their fortune.

Now just imagine if ND had a head coach who acted as hungry as Freeman and who outworked other head coaches and inspired his entire staff to work as hard as possible at recruiting.

Then maybe Freeman should be the head coach in waiting!

Then maybe Freeman should be the head coach in waiting!

Or maybe Kelly could try to outwork Freeman. It sounds as if Saban and Meyer are the type of coaches who put as much of themselves into their jobs as possible and hold their assistants to the same high standards. I am not sure that Brian Kelly is considered to be the same.

In any case, Freeman brings hope that ND's defensive recruiting will tick up a level since he does not seem to believe that getting Top 5 talent is impossible at Notre Dame. He was also exposed to big time recruiting at Ohio State and had Luke Fickell as a boss (part of the Urban Meyer coaching tree) so Freeman seems to have a different attitude towards recruiting than Kelly who played Division III and never had a boss who recruited at a Div I school.