2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I think rankings for all 2022 prospects are really jumbled right now because many states had no HS football in the fall, and there were very few camps in the offseason. I think there will be a ton of movement between now and Sept. 1 as far as rankings for 2022 and 2023 kids, assuming the camp circuit is back in full swing in the summer.

But I agree, the offer list and rating don't match. I'd expect a healthy bump for him. Also, he doesn't hold a Clemson offer, but in a recent interview, he named Clemson as one of the schools recruiting him the hardest (ND, Mizzou, Arizona State, and Clemson).

Clemson just offered. Think ND has a solid lead but could be a game changer.

Talked to Joey Tanona's high school track coach (shot put/discus) and he said that Joey was best athlete he has coached. This guy used to coach throwing events at Yale and Stanford so this is saying something. He also coached Gus Hartwig (former 4* center from Zionsville who started last year as a freshman for Purdue) and said that Joey has better physical talent than Gus.

He said that Joey moves like he only weighs 200 pounds even though he is 300-ish.

With the commitment of Price, it's pretty remarkable how far our RB position has come from a year ago. At this time last year, things looked a little sparse w/ the possible exception of an incoming freshman with good rankings. If ND can add one more quality recruit to the '22 class, we'd suddenly be looking about as deep as any team in the country. Way to go Lance Taylor and company.

With the commitment of Price, it's pretty remarkable how far our RB position has come from a year ago. At this time last year, things looked a little sparse w/ the possible exception of an incoming freshman with good rankings. If ND can add one more quality recruit to the '22 class, we'd suddenly be looking about as deep as any team in the country. Way to go Lance Taylor and company.

It's great to see although the last two we had to poach from Sparty and LSU.

Price could be studly tho!

Just saw Zeigler got bumped to 4* per Rivals. Congrats to him.

Now 5 of our 7 2022 verbals is a 4*. One of the 3* is Gobiara who will be a 4* if he gets a season in this Spring. Not a bad start so far, though we still have lots of time for that class.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotreDame</a> has offered Top100 four-star quarterback Drew Allar.<br><br>Told our VIP subscribers this morning this was happening.<br><br>Update: <a href="https://t.co/sSf8HYMnDx">https://t.co/sSf8HYMnDx</a><a href="

">@AllarDrew</a> <a href="
">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/VNARl4HqFP">pic.twitter.com/VNARl4HqFP</a></p>— Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="
">February 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ND just extended their 4th offer to a QB (Angeli, Wimsatt, Simpson, Allar). Allar just made a huge jump in the 247 rankings, as he is now in the Top 100. In the 247 Composite, he is #255 overall and #10 Pro-QB. He has been blowing up lately, besides the rankings bump, receiving offers from Penn State, Michigan, Texas A&M, Washington and several others in the last month. Definitely one to watch going forward.

FWIW, at this point NDs defensive front 7 and OL appear poised for a fantastic 2022 class and will likely be turning away some great football players. Hopefully DB and WR can catch up this cycle.

Edited by Big23Head

FWIW, at this point NDs defensive front 7 and OL appear poised for a fantastic 2022 class and will likely be turning away some great football players. Hopefully DB and WR can catch up this cycle.

Never turn away great d-line prospects. Thin out wr or running back. Never d-line.

Never turn away great d-line prospects. Thin out wr or running back. Never d-line.

I think they may "overtake" by one at DL.

If they pull a solid DB class and land at least 2 of their upper tier WR, this class will be excellent.

Edited by Big23Head

Big. Or anybody for that matter. Just curious which prospect you like better. Angeli, or Allar?

Angeli has improved strength and appears to be more technically sound. Allar has the size and nice touch. Angeli will really try to fire the ball and Allar tends to float it more. If Allar can fire the ball when needed then I would pick him given the size and touch. Right now, I would say Angeli is the safer pick but upside goes to Allar. Would be nice to see them at camps.