2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

While there's often disagreement about individual recruits and recruiting in general, I must admit that I truly appreciate the discussions.

I'm pretty simple and never played football. I can't tell a good throwing motion from a bad one. Can't tell if a guy runs with his pads too high or if a guy runs good routes.

All I see in recruiting is height, weight, position, star ranking, and offers. I base my thoughts primarily off that, coupled with the discussions that take place here.

Recruiting insiders may have more insight into a player's character and GPA. Those are obviously considered by ND during recruiting too.

Thanks to all of you for bringing all you do to the table in this forum.

One thing I look for when a kid plays lesser competition is the difference in the film. What does he do compared to the rest of the players on the field. Prince Kollie is a great example of this, watch his junior film when he was ranked much, much lower. You watch that film and he just stands out in a very different way. Prince's film was a literal...whoa, when watching it.

Copeland and similar are a little different because the last available film is from his sophomore year and there very likely has s been some pretty good physical maturity. That said, Copeland's film does show a very smooth and fluid athlete with a lot of flexibility.

Bill Rees and the scouting staff will have their work cut out this year.

While there's often disagreement about individual recruits and recruiting in general, I must admit that I truly appreciate the discussions.

I'm pretty simple and never played football. I can't tell a good throwing motion from a bad one. Can't tell if a guy runs with his pads too high or if a guy runs good routes.

All I see in recruiting is height, weight, position, star ranking, and offers. I base my thoughts primarily off that, coupled with the discussions that take place here.

Recruiting insiders may have more insight into a player's character and GPA. Those are obviously considered by ND during recruiting too.

Thanks to all of you for bringing all you do to the table in this forum.

And if he signs with ND, I want him to be successful. I couldn’t care less about my predictions becoming true.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top Notre Dame RB target Dallan Hayden has a Top 5, and the Irish are in strong position. He talks Notre Dame and his other top schools <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish</a> <a href="https://t.co/gxUYc4v5dD">https://t.co/gxUYc4v5dD</a></p>— Bryan Driskell (@CoachD178) <a href="
">February 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This kid is a great kid. He was on Foxnews for his work outside of football. Plus, he’s from my high school, so he has to be cool, right? Would love to see him Irish.

Positive development regarding Missouri DE DJ Westolak. Steve Wilfong from 247 just put in his crystal ball for ND, and he is rarely wrong. Would be a really great get - ND's DL haul this cycle has a chance to be elite.

that would be awesome if ND could land him. NDs defensive front seven class this year could be elite. this would be a killer class.

DE-Tyson Ford, Aiden Gobaira, DJ Wesolak

LB-Nolan Ziegler, Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Devon Jackson, Sebastian Cheeks

Edited by dangeruss

Positive development regarding Missouri DE DJ Westolak. Steve Wilfong from 247 just put in his crystal ball for ND, and he is rarely wrong. Would be a really great get - ND's DL haul this cycle has a chance to be elite.

Good offer list despite not having offers from Alabama and Clemson.

Is there a back story behind his 3 star rating given that his offers seem to be better than his rating?

Good offer list despite not having offers from Alabama and Clemson.

Is there a back story behind his 3 star rating given that his offers seem to be better than his rating?

I think rankings for all 2022 prospects are really jumbled right now because many states had no HS football in the fall, and there were very few camps in the offseason. I think there will be a ton of movement between now and Sept. 1 as far as rankings for 2022 and 2023 kids, assuming the camp circuit is back in full swing in the summer.

But I agree, the offer list and rating don't match. I'd expect a healthy bump for him. Also, he doesn't hold a Clemson offer, but in a recent interview, he named Clemson as one of the schools recruiting him the hardest (ND, Mizzou, Arizona State, and Clemson).

that would be awesome if ND could land him. NDs defensive front seven class this year could be elite. this would be a killer class.

DE-Tyson Ford, Aiden Gobaira, DJ Wesolak

LB-Nolan Ziegler, Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Devon Jackson, Sebastian Cheeks

Include Anthony Lucas and Tevarua Tafiti with the DL. Call it a day.