2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Or maybe Kelly could try to outwork Freeman. It sounds as if Saban and Meyer are the type of coaches who put as much of themselves into their jobs as possible and hold their assistants to the same high standards. I am not sure that Brian Kelly is considered to be the same.

In any case, Freeman brings hope that ND's defensive recruiting will tick up a level since he does not seem to believe that getting Top 5 talent is impossible at Notre Dame. He was also exposed to big time recruiting at Ohio State and had Luke Fickell as a boss (part of the Urban Meyer coaching tree) so Freeman seems to have a different attitude towards recruiting than Kelly who played Division III and never had a boss who recruited at a Div I school.

Too bad Meyer turned down the challenges of this job and location of this job. He had the opportunity to be the head coach here and decided to take the easier route

Too bad Meyer turned down the challenges of this job and location of this job. He had the opportunity to be the head coach here and decided to take the easier route

Agree and I am old enough to remember Urban’s remarks at the time as he turned down his “dream job”. He knew what would be required to be a success at ND.

That "dream job" story is all his own b.s. IMHO.

I agree. Was his “dream job” a way to pump up his resume and contract? He may of never intended on coming here in the first place. It may have been a scare tactic to get more money and force Florida’s hand for his hire. Who knows. I believe this route more than that he was scared to coach here and took the easier route. Coaches have too much of an ego. Why else would he had taken the Jaguars job?

I agree. Was his “dream job” a way to pump up his resume and contract? He may of never intended on coming here in the first place. It may have been a scare tactic to get more money and force Florida’s hand for his hire. Who knows. I believe this route more than that he was scared to coach here and took the easier route. Coaches have too much of an ego. Why else would he had taken the Jaguars job?

Bingo! You have pegged Urban Liar correctly. Bet he falls flat on his face in the NFL like Saban kid cause he will not be able to scream and coax a pro players like a college kid! But then again, he will have a very nice bank account to retire on when he gets canned!

Bingo! You have pegged Urban Liar correctly. Bet he falls flat on his face in the NFL like Saban kid cause he will not be able to scream and coax a pro players like a college kid! But then again, he will have a very nice bank account to retire on when he gets canned!

When he gets canned it will be perfect timing for when ND needs a coach haha...

He wont fail. Hes too good of a coach. Saban was 8 and 8 in one year. Not terrible at all

He wont fail. Hes too good of a coach. Saban was 8 and 8 in one year. Not terrible at all

Yeah, people think Saban failed miserably. 8-8 in your first season isn’t bad. I think he realized early that he didn’t want to take on a bunch of ego driven dudes that aren’t all going to listen to him. He was smart enough to know that he wouldn’t enjoy coaching in the nfl. I think we would of exceeded eventually in the NFL if he would of stuck it out.

Ty Simpson making his decision on the 19th. Honestly, not sure where he’ll land. UT’s hire of Huepel is extremely underwhelming, giving other schools a chance.

Yeah, surprised at his quick scheduling of a commitment given UT stuff and also ND offer.

No clue where it stands or who leads.

Ty Simpson making his decision on the 19th. Honestly, not sure where he’ll land. UT’s hire of Huepel is extremely underwhelming, giving other schools a chance.

For what it is worth, Steve Wiltfong Crystal Ball'ed Simpson to Clemson yesterday.

Who is Brian Kelly's first choice? Angelli or Simpson?

Edited by jbrown_9999

For what it is worth, Steve Wiltfong Crystal Ball'ed Simpson to Clemson yesterday.

Who is Brian Kelly's first choice? Angelli or Simpson?

My guess would be he’d prefer Simpson, but realistically Angelli is who he’ll end up with.

I think QB recruiting will drag on for a while. I just don't see Angeli being the guy - ND is interested and he's visited, but I think ND will start extending more offers. Not being able to have guys camp or visit really hurt the start of the 2022 cycle - ND usually likes to work out QBs or at least see them in person before offering. Not sure why it took so long to offer Ty Simpson - maybe ND thought there was no shot - but I still don't get the strategy there. He is likely Clemson bound, but Alabama is making a push. No way he goes to Tennessee (or ND).

ND has offered Angeli (3-star, #15 Pro-QB), Wimsatt (4-star, #3 DT-QB), and Simpson (4-star, #3 DT-QB).

Some recruits ND could offer soon:

MJ Morris (4-star, #4 DT-QB) who goes to Pace Academy in Atlanta, a ND friendly school where 2021 WR commit Jayden Thomas goes and where former walk-on Mick Assaf's dad is the headmaster. He would be my next offer and a guy I would push for - even more so than Wimsatt, who is rated slightly higher.

Maalik Murphy (4-star, #2 Pro-QB) - not sure he would even be realistic as he goes to Junipero Serra in CA, which is a USC feeder school.

Cade Klubnik (4-star, #6 Pro-QB) - TX QB who just led his school - powerhouse Westlake - to the Texas State Championship. Has some heavy hitters involved, like UGA, Florida, and Texas. Would be an extremely tough pull.

Drew Allar (3-star, #24 Pro-QB) - 6'5 QB from OH with really good tape, but an underwhelming offer list - not sure if the lack of camps is hurting him here. P5 offers: Iowa, Iowa State, Kentucky, Penn State, Pittsburgh.

Sam Horn (4-star, #4 Pro-QB) - Highly ranked QB from GA. Don't know much about him though.

Not really. I don’t like this offer, biggest offer to date was Rutgers. Bad decision by the staff.

I disagree with this at the moment. ND needs to get in early on players they like. The biggest deal here is his competition but he does what you want to see, he beats them badly. Other high level programs are sniffing around him as well. Rankings for this class are going to be really interesting and I would not focus on them as of today.