2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

They probably said, hey, look at those fools on TV... Ever heard of Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas? Of course not, but if you had, you’d put them in the bucket of losers even though they made the Super Bowl four times...

That’s our reality with Kelly until we properly develop a quarterback who can win by properly reading a defense.

Yeah bc OK has such a dazzling Playoff resume.

• 2 weeks later...
even if Ford doesn't pick ND on Monday I still like our chances with our new DC.

Apparently, things have taken a dramatic shift. Most were predicting OU, even ND insiders, as of about a week ago, but today, everyone - ND/OU insiders and national recruting analysts - are picking ND. This would be a huge win, and I have to believe Marcus Freeman would be the major reason. Really shocking turn of events.

Apparently, things have taken a dramatic shift. Most were predicting OU, even ND insiders, as of about a week ago, but today, everyone - ND/OU insiders and national recruting analysts - are picking ND. This would be a huge win, and I have to believe Marcus Freeman would be the major reason. Really shocking turn of events.

I think Freeman turned the tide thankfully! This is a huge get on the Dline.

This is a huge get on the Dline.

Adding some perspective, the last defensive lineman who enrolled and played for ND who was ranked as highly on 24/7 was Sheldon Day. He was in the 2012 recruiting class. Tuitt was more highly rated and was in the 2011 class. Lynch was in that class too, but obviously didn’t stick at ND.

An entire decade between D-lineman ranked that high. Wow. And that’s IF it happens.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

Getting Ford to commit to ND would be a wonderful reversal. In the end, I expect Ford and Cheeks to both be Irish. There's also a 4 star olb from Nebraska Freeman is chasing after Devon Jackson. I'm already quite impressed by the Ford recruiting work. Eager to see what Freeman can bring to the table for ND. So far off to a great start.

Adding some perspective, the last defensive lineman who enrolled and played for ND who was ranked as highly on 24/7 was Sheldon Day. He was in the 2012 recruiting class. Tuitt was more highly rated and was in the 2011 class. Lynch was in that class too, but obviously didn’t stick at ND.

An entire decade between D-lineman ranked that high. Wow. And that’s IF it happens.

You're absolutely correct...wow. Though it does point to what a good job Elston has done developing the talent available to him. Wait, if I remember correctly, wasn't Daelin Hayes a 5*?

Now if only we could see this same type of development at the QB position!

You're absolutely correct...wow. Though it does point to what a good job Elston has done developing the talent available to him. Wait, if I remember correctly, wasn't Daelin Hayes a 5*?

Now if only we could see this same type of development at the QB position!

24/7 had Hayes listed as a 4 star outside linebacker with a .9409 rating.

Other services may have had him listed differently. I’m just looking at how 24/7 listed players during their respective recruiting cycles. What position they may have ended up playing at ND may have varied from how they were listed during their recruiting.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

5-star St. Louis WR Kevin Coleman released a Top 7 the other day, and ND did not make it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> (no order)</p>— Kevin Lamar Coleman Jr (@KevinLamarCole1) <a href="

">January 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> Edited by tneun89

5-star St. Louis WR Kevin Coleman released a Top 7 the other day, and ND did not make it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�������������� (no order)</p>— Kevin Lamar Coleman Jr (@KevinLamarCole1) <a href="

">January 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

McMillan is the WR I want, he’s a total stud.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�������������� (no order)</p>— Kevin Lamar Coleman Jr (@KevinLamarCole1) <a href="

">January 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm clearly not emoji-proficient.

Reading from left to right, it looks like Alabama, Oregon, then ?? is that an anchor or is that Arizona State, Texas?, Georgia, a lion?, a rocket?

I'm clearly not emoji-proficient.

Reading from left to right, it looks like Alabama, Oregon, then ?? is that an anchor or is that Arizona State, Texas?, Georgia, a lion?, a rocket?

I'm thinking it is maybe supposed to be a tiger... but which one???

I am clueless on the rocket as well.