2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I disagree with this at the moment. ND needs to get in early on players they like. The biggest deal here is his competition but he does what you want to see, he beats them badly. Other high level programs are sniffing around him as well. Rankings for this class are going to be really interesting and I would not focus on them as of today.

I understand they hypocrisy in complaining about them getting in on guys late, but this kid just isn’t someone they needed to rush in on.

I understand they hypocrisy in complaining about them getting in on guys late, but this kid just isn’t someone they needed to rush in on.

I don't think it is a rush. They likely said they like him, want to offer, and he should visit when things open up for visits. This happens all the time and its way too early to be upset. McMillan was a long shot from the beginning...quiet, doesn't like recruiting, and with the pandemic could end up staying west.

The goal is to put a kid like this with Tyler Morris and Kaleb Brown. Maybe a 4th WR.

Edited by Big23Head

You can't look solely at offers. The staff does a pretty good job of identifying athleticism early. It's a stretch to outright call this a "bad decision" by the staff.

I’d feel better if they had better WRs signed or at least in their sights.

I don't think it is a rush. They likely said they like him, want to offer, and he should visit when things open up for visits. This happens all the time and its way too early to be upset. McMillan was a long shot from the beginning...quiet, doesn't like recruiting, and with the pandemic could end up staying west.

The goal is to put a kid like this with Tyler Morris and Kaleb Brown. Maybe a 4th WR.

When Rutgers is his only other offer, it feels like a rush.

I’m also not happy at all hearing they’re a long shot for McMillan. They need playmakers on the outside and they’re not recruiting that well enough.

They can always get another transfer WR from a school like Northwestern since development of WRs seem to be lacking given the lack of snaps for underclassmen WRs.

They can always get another transfer WR from a school like Northwestern since development of WRs seem to be lacking given the lack of snaps for underclassmen WRs.

Austin, Lenzy and Johnson will all see the field this yr. I don’t mind this kid as a 3rd WR in the class, but I wish they already a few higher profile WRs committed.

Austin, Lenzy and Johnson will all see the field this yr. I don’t mind this kid as a 3rd WR in the class, but I wish they already a few higher profile WRs committed.

Are sure about that? They were ALL suppose to see the field this year and hardly played a down. I see another random wide receiver transfer coming in and taking playing time away.

Again, it feels rushed.
He committed to Rutgers at the beginning of his junior year. Have you ever considered many didn't pursue him because it was an early commitment and to Rutgers? Can't coach good size and speed. Kid is supposed to be electric on punts also and plays defense. Clearly has talent and I will go with the staff on this one.

https://247sports.com/Article/Addison-Copeland-Notre-Dame-Football-Fighting-Irish-Offer-Class-of-2022-Receiver-160756415/Amp/

He committed to Rutgers at the beginning of his junior year. Have you ever considered many didn't pursue him because it was an early commitment and to Rutgers? Can't coach good size and speed. Kid is supposed to be electric on punts also and plays defense. Clearly has talent and I will go with the staff on this one.

https://247sports.com/Article/Addison-Copeland-Notre-Dame-Football-Fighting-Irish-Offer-Class-of-2022-Receiver-160756415/Amp/

No, bc good programs should be able to get him away from Rutgers.