2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Angeli has improved strength and appears to be more technically sound. Allar has the size and nice touch. Angeli will really try to fire the ball and Allar tends to float it more. If Allar can fire the ball when needed then I would pick him given the size and touch. Right now, I would say Angeli is the safer pick but upside goes to Allar. Would be nice to see them at camps.

Both look like very good prospects. Allar reminds me of Philip Rivers: big kid, big arm, gunslinger. He seems fit for an offense that relies on the WR beating his man and throwing it quickly like some pro teams do against a blitz. I don't want to necessarily say a pro style offense, because they all blend together these days.

I'm not sure of a good comparison for Angeli, but initially thought Justin Herbert (though Herbert is 6'6" and Angeli is 6'3"). But Angeli seems better throwing to specific spots and is a little more mobile, say in the RPO action that we like to run from time to time.

does anyone have any info on ND safety prospect Sherrod Covil, just watched his film and this guy may be a JOK clone.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11144244/5da3102b8cde0e0d08345ccb

ND is definitely in it right now

Players ND could land in the next 3-4 months IF visits can occur. The probability decreases if not but still like most chances.

Angeli, Walker, Staes, Schrauth, Wagner, Wesolak, Cooper or Lucas, Burnham, Tuihalamaka, Jackson, Martinez, Winston

I super don’t understand Notre Dame’s QB recruiting.

Brian Kelly had Tommy Rees and Ian Book as his starters for about half of his time at ND. Maybe he thinks that "traits" are more important than NFL potential. After 11 years, he has had one QB drafted who played a total of 18 games in the NFL.

Brian Kelly had Tommy Rees and Ian Book as his starters for about half of his time at ND. Maybe he thinks that "traits" are more important than NFL potential. After 11 years, he has had one QB drafted who played a total of 18 games in the NFL.

I can’t imagine they’re looking for game managers. However, QB recruiting and development has been **** poor. Book did great for his limitations, and I respect him immensely for that, but ND needs someone with more talent and someone who they can develop. I don’t blame the staff for Jurkovec leaving, imo, Jurkovec was impatient and overestimated the need to continue developing. We saw it in the BC game, he made some unreal throws, but also made a lot of bad decisions. He doesn’t understand talent alone isn’t enough.

The ideal QB is someone with Jurkovec’s talent who is as coachable as Book.

I can’t imagine they’re looking for game managers. However, QB recruiting and development has been **** poor. Book did great for his limitations, and I respect him immensely for that, but ND needs someone with more talent and someone who they can develop. I don’t blame the staff for Jurkovec leaving, imo, Jurkovec was impatient and overestimated the need to continue developing. We saw it in the BC game, he made some unreal throws, but also made a lot of bad decisions. He doesn’t understand talent alone isn’t enough.

The ideal QB is someone with Jurkovec’s talent who is as coachable as Book.

Let's try to keep this crap in the Angeli thread if possible... I don't want to waste my time reading these rants in two places. Thanks.

Not sure how in this one ND is

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">.. <a href="https://t.co/yKiD5nSRGC">pic.twitter.com/yKiD5nSRGC</a></p>— †Khamauri Rogers (@Khamauri1k) <a href="

">March 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just looking at the other schools involved, I'd say ND is not a likely final destination.

Maybe a game day destination as a Hurricane when Miami plays at ND in 2024.

Edited by Kelly Gruene