2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

The target number is ~24 recruits for this year [21 Signees, 12 EEs (^), 14 All-Americans (#)]:

Overall 247 Composite Rankings: Total Points - #7 Overall and Player Avg. - #5 Overall

247: Notre Dame 2022 Football Offers

247: 2022 Football Recruiting Composite Team Rankings

Visitor List: 2022 Recruit Visits

QB (1)

NJ QB Steve Angeli [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.90

RB (1)

TX RB Jadarian Price [ND Signee ^]: 247 Composite 4* 0.92

WR (1)

WA WR Tobias Merriweather [ND Signee #]:  247 Composite 4* 0.95

TE (2)

IA TE Eli Raridon [ND Signee]: 247 Composite 4* 0.93

GA TE Holden Staes [ND Signee]: 247 Composite 4* 0.90

OL (5)

OH OL Aamil Wagner [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.96

IN OL Joey Tanona [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.94

WI OL Billy Schrauth [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.94

MA OL Ty Chan [ND Signee #]: 247 Composite 4* 0.92

IN OL Ashton Craig [ND Signee #]: 247 Composite 3* 0.88

DL (3)

MO DL Tyson Ford [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.95

VA DL Aiden Gobaira [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.92

PA DL Donovan Hinish [ND Signee]: 247 Composite 3* 0.88

LB (4)

SC LB Jaylen Sneed [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 5* 0.98

MI LB Josh Burnham [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.96

CA LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.94

MI LB Nolan Ziegler [ND Signee ^#]: 247 Composite 4* 0.90

CB (2)

CA CB Jaden Mickey [ND Signee ^]: 247 Composite 4* 0.92

AZ CB Benjamin Morrison [ND Signee]: 247 Composite 4* 0.90

S (1)

NJ S Jayden Bellamy [ND Signee]: 247 Composite 3* 0.88

ST (1)

NC P Bryce McFerson [ND Signee #]: 247 Composite 2* 0.78

Edited by Big23Head
  • Leprechaun 1

Who are the must-gets? To get us over the top? Elite recruits...

Who are the needs?

Who is your biggest sleeper?

Who is your next to possibly pop?

Are there any new recruiting news? Such as new territories that coordinators are tackling. Are they focusing on one region more than the other? Who needs to step up as a recruiter?

Thanks!

Who are the needs?

Are there any new recruiting news? Such as new territories that coordinators are tackling. Are they focusing on one region more than the other? Who needs to step up as a recruiter?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if he’s a must get now with Jordan Johnson and Colzie ahead of him, but I really like what I’ve seen from McMilllan. I’m not so big on Angelli, but I think that’s who they end up with at QB. Their biggest need is going to be CB. They don’t have much depth at all and the recent classes have been so so at that position.

Who are the needs?

Thanks!

Must gets: Singleton, Rice, Moss/Tyson, Cheeks, great to elite CB and S

Needs: higher level RB, LB, elite CB, high level S

Sleeper: too early to tell because most players offered are higher level, Ziegler would be the pick right now. If he continues like this he could be a monster

Next to pop: Angeli (in no rush though), Bingham (if they push)

New real news right now. Things are obviously different right now. I think the ND staff is great with strong recruiters at the moment. I think Rees is good but can get even better. ND recruits nationally, nothing new there. Keep hard after GA, dip into CA, FL, OH, PA, and TX, and keep the strong local kids home.

Feel good about Angeli and think he will rise in rankings. He looks improved from last year simply from maturing. Landing Tanona, Rice, and Chan would be awesome. DL should be great, really trust Elston and like these prospects. LB should take a few and there are some great options. I'm very excited to see what Mickens and Joseph can do with a full year together recruiting. I expect some nice players.

Edited by Big23Head

Must gets: Singleton, Rice, Moss/Tyson, Cheeks, great to elite CB and S

Needs: higher level RB, LB, elite CB, high level S

Sleeper: too early to tell because most players offered are higher level, Ziegler would be the pick right now. If he continues like this he could be a monster

Next to pop: Angeli (in no rush though), Bingham (if they push)

New real news right now. Things are obviously different right now. I think the ND staff is great with strong recruiters at the moment. I think Rees is good but can get even better. ND recruits nationally, nothing new there. Keep hard after GA, dip into CA, FL, OH, PA, and TX, and keep the strong local kids home.

Feel good about Angeli and think he will rise in rankings. He looks improved from last year simply from maturing. Landing Tanona, Rice, and Chan would be awesome. DL should be great, really trust Elston and like these prospects. LB should take a few and there are some great options. I'm very excited to see what Mickens and Joseph can do with a full year together recruiting. I expect some nice players.

Ziegler is extremely underrated right now. I think he's a top 200 player at least.

We are in great shape with Cheeks and Ford

How is Hawaii rated in terms of top D1 prospects relative to the smaller pool of players they have? It would be great to see ND be in the top 3 for the top 10 recruits from Hawaii annually that qualify.

They have two great HS programs and with their Polynesian roots, don't field a ton of players but those who excel, have turned into great D1 prospects. Polian has done a phenomenal job of establishing relationships and Robby Toma is back in the Islands and lending a hand with identifying kids and getting in their ear about ND. While the West Coast programs tend to get the majority of commits due to weather and proximity, ND has had pretty good success starting with Teo and trust it can continue. I'll defer to Big for specifics but HA is definitely a State we keep an eye on.

They have two great HS programs and with their Polynesian roots, don't field a ton of players but those who excel, have turned into great D1 prospects. Polian has done a phenomenal job of establishing relationships and Robby Toma is back in the Islands and lending a hand with identifying kids and getting in their ear about ND. While the West Coast programs tend to get the majority of commits due to weather and proximity, ND has had pretty good success starting with Teo and trust it can continue. I'll defer to Big for specifics but HA is definitely a State we keep an eye on.

Very true. BYU recruits the heck out of the island because many in Hawaii are Mormons.

• 4 weeks later...