New offensive coordinator?

Whoever he goes after it needs to be someone who shares his vision for the offense and adapt to the personnel we have now.  Ideally someone who has a track record of developing QBs, is good at adapting/adjusting during a game, and is willing to hit the recruiting trail hard.

Not sure who fits that bill currently.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, mcgov12 said:

My initial two thoughts?

Joe Moorhead

Ryan Grubbs, OC for Washington.

disclaimer: no idea if either are realistic

Grubbs just told Saban no and has said he came back for his guys that returned to Washington. He’s not leaving. Moorehead, eh. Doesn’t excite me. 
Ill have to think about who does..

1. The Rock

2. Tom Cruise

3. Tony Rice

In all seriousness, I think Freeman can make a splashy hire in the minority world. Showing a commitment to increase diversity at the highest ranks of football is a big thing, it may tip a guy like Keeley who is an ND guy all things told towards ND as opposed to Bama. 

Pep Hamilton is an intriguing idea.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, tomes1978 said:

Why not bring in the OC Hartman played under at Wake?   Warren Ruggiero......how would his offense fit with the personnel we have?  

Hartman left WF to get away from that system because the pros don't run it, literally no one else does

• Trophy 1

2 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

1. The Rock

2. Tom Cruise

3. Tony Rice

In all seriousness, I think Freeman can make a splashy hire in the minority world. Showing a commitment to increase diversity at the highest ranks of football is a big thing, it may tip a guy like Keeley who is an ND guy all things told towards ND as opposed to Bama. 

Pep Hamilton is an intriguing idea.

No thanks to Pep Hamilton.  Had enough of him from when he was a mediocre coach with the Colts.

I just want the best person for the job…any other factor like hair color does not impact how a person calls plays.  Charlie Weis Jr would be great.  There have to be OCs at the lower tier programs who are being productive like Tulane, Cincy, Liberty, or even some of the non-D1 programs.  I love seeing people tutored by coaches like Kiffin.  Think Niamatolo would want to have a little fun just being an OC?  He would get to run his offense out of the shotgun.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

What about Joe Brady? That LSU offence was electric in 2019, but was his success more a product of that insanely stacked offence? Either way, he would be a solid hire, but far from a home run. 

I could be wrong, but I think Joe Brady was pretty outspoken about not really enjoying the recruiting and college part of the job. If I’m wrong, he’d be a great hire

35 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

I could be wrong, but I think Joe Brady was pretty outspoken about not really enjoying the recruiting and college part of the job. If I’m wrong, he’d be a great hire

That is not going to fly with Marcus. Probably safe to cross him off the list if true. 

• Trophy 1