New offensive coordinator?

Ludwig if he will leave Utah seems like the right coach if we want someone to stick around.   Brady will come and go fairly quickly which again if it is after success not a big deal as program will be stocked and ready for whoever is next. 

There’s some rumors flying around (I think specifically 24/7 boards) that Mike Yurcich, OC at penn st, is a candidate based on some people using flight tracker. Who knows if that’s legit or not. He would be another great hire.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

There’s some rumors flying around (I think specifically 24/7 boards) that Mike Yurcich, OC at penn st, is a candidate based on some people using flight tracker. Who knows if that’s legit or not. He would be another great hire.

Flight tracker is back!

3 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

The ND plane was near Iowa earlier this week so maybe the rumors of Brian Ferentz as a candidate had some legs...  😎

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, jbrown_9999 said:

The ND plane was near Iowa earlier this week so maybe the rumors of Brian Ferentz as a candidate had some legs...  😎

Maybe Freeman wants to break the modern ND record of scoreless offense set by Ty in his first season of smoke and mirrors...

3 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Saw this: Since 2013, Yurcich’s offenses have scored 50 or more points 26 times and 40 or more points 51 times (50 percent of games coached), both of which are tops among FBS offensive coordinators since 2013. 

• Trophy 1

40 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Saw this: Since 2013, Yurcich’s offenses have scored 50 or more points 26 times and 40 or more points 51 times (50 percent of games coached), both of which are tops among FBS offensive coordinators since 2013. 

I like the production.  Not sure we'd get him if Franklin wants to keep him, they could afford a bidding war.  Seems like he should be pretty close to a HC somewhere soon, don't know how many more stepping stones he needs.

26 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Now this is a real lateral move. Why would the PSU OC leave  a top-10 program to come to another top-10 program?

Because penn st can’t win their own conference and will constantly be behind Ohio St and Michigan. They didn’t beat a ranked team all year until Utah, which non cfp bowl games are basically glorified scrimmages anymore 

Edited by mcgov12
Sh!t on penn st some more
  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Now that is impressive! Hope he is a serious candidate. 

For those interested, here is a podcast where John Brice gave some perspective.

I thought he called out 2 interesting trends: (1) increase in Group of 5 head coaches taking coordinator jobs at P5 schools (e.g. Moorhead, Candle, etc.) and (2) decrease in NFL coaches going back to college because they don't want to deal with recruiting and NIL.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/podcast-john-brice-on-notre-dame-s-offensive-coordinator-search

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, D Fence said:

For those interested, here is a podcast where John Brice gave some perspective.

I thought he called out 2 interesting trends: (1) increase in Group of 5 head coaches taking coordinator jobs at P5 schools (e.g. Moorhead, Candle, etc.) and (2) decrease in NFL coaches going back to college because they don't want to deal with recruiting and NIL.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/podcast-john-brice-on-notre-dame-s-offensive-coordinator-search

No idea if this is close to average or not but new Coastal Carolina HC just signed a $1M a year deal while a P5 Coordinator can make $2+M