New offensive coordinator?

Even though I am not all in on Parker, I do think ND O will be better than last year.

The OL, RB, QB, and WR positions should all be same or better and hopefully offset loss of Mayer.

QB being the biggest and most needed upgrade. I'm a fan of RPO game but Rees never seemed to embrace it. I like isolating a defensive player and forcing a decision. It sounds like Parker wants to run more RPO and Hartman has experience with it.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Even though I am not all in on Parker, I do think ND O will be better than last year.

The OL, RB, QB, and WR positions should all be same or better and hopefully offset loss of Mayer.

QB being the biggest and most needed upgrade. I'm a fan of RPO game but Rees never seemed to embrace it. I like isolating a defensive player and forcing a decision. It sounds like Parker wants to run more RPO and Hartman has experience with it.

I agree. I think Rees would have ran more RPO than he did if he had the QB. Last season for some reason Payne just was not good at it. Maybe he over thought things instead of just reacting. I don’t know just my guess.

oh another interesting thing I read was although Hartman was good at running the RPO but he took more time then average to make his decision. I don’t remember the exact times from the article but the average was like 1.7 seconds and Hartman was a little over 2 seconds. It will be critical that we have good OL play. I think we’ll see the offense improve greatly after those first few games of working together.

Edited by ND_JACK

1 hour ago, ND_JACK said:

I agree. I think Rees would have ran more RPO than he did if he had the QB. Last season for some reason Payne just was not good at it. Maybe he over thought things instead of just reacting. I don’t know just my guess.

oh another interesting thing I read was although Hartman was good at running the RPO but he took more time then average to make his decision. I don’t remember the exact times from the article but the average was like 1.7 seconds and Hartman was a little over 2 seconds. It will be critical that we have good OL play. I think we’ll see the offense improve greatly after those first few games of working together.

Wake Forest did run the "Slow Mesh" concept which probably caused the increased decision time. i.e., it was by design.

8 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

Yes, after those first few games, the O hopefully will be running smoothly. It’s a good thing they don’t have Ohio St as the opening game next season.

• Heart 1