No Navy Game This Year?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is not something I expected from the news of a government shutdown. This almost makes me worry what else will temporarily cease. The issue with a government shutdown is that the average American does not really feel the effects right away, it just gives the politicians more reasons to fight and argue.

Not to get political - but ND shouldn't pay for the GOP games.

Well if money is really the issue, I think it could be reflective of the history ND and Navy has had, and help Navy pay for the expenses to travel to Notre Dame

Not to get political - but ND shouldn't pay for the GOP games.

The GOP should be able to pass a budget without being handcuffed with an act that their constitutes would flip out if they passed. If they would have removed the Affordable Care Act from the budget like the House approved, we wouldn't be having this problem.

Just sayin'...

The GOP should be able to pass a budget without being handcuffed with an act that their constitutes would flip out if they passed. If they would have removed the Affordable Care Act from the budget like the House approved, we wouldn't be having this problem.

Just sayin'...

Arg. but the ACA already passed. just sayin'. It has nothing to do with the budget in fact the ACA is up and running as of today.

Today has been a crazy day for sure. 1995 was the last time there was a governemt shutdown and it lasted 21 days. Hopefully this one won't be any longer.

Thankfully i'm still getting paid. The president passed a bill through legislation saying that all military members will still receive pay in the event of a shutdown. Unfortunately for the DOD civilians on this base, they are going to be furloghed until further notice so they won't be getting paid. Of course that means a lot of facilities on base are closed.

I read that this government shutdown should only affect this weekends games and there's a possibility that they still could play. We'll see though.

Wow, this is not something I expected from the news of a government shutdown. This almost makes me worry what else will temporarily cease. The issue with a government shutdown is that the average American does not really feel the effects right away, it just gives the politicians more reasons to fight and argue.

I had to alter vacation plans. Federal parks/campsites are not operating. I'm just glad I realized it today instead of showing up on Thursday to camp site thats closed.

Today has been a crazy day for sure. 1995 was the last time there was a governemt shutdown and it lasted 21 days. Hopefully this one won't be any longer.

Thankfully i'm still getting paid. The president passed a bill through legislation saying that all military members will still receive pay in the event of a shutdown. Unfortunately for the DOD civilians on this base, they are going to be furloghed until further notice so they won't be getting paid. Of course that means a lot of facilities on base are closed.

I read that this government shutdown should only affect this weekends games and there's a possibility that they still could play. We'll see though.

Bad things happen when armies aren't paid. #historynerd

Arg. but the ACA already passed. just sayin'. It has nothing to do with the budget in fact the ACA is up and running as of today.

This^. ACA passed house and senate a long time ago; as Jim2Dokes says, its viability has no more to do with the current budget than any other government program that demands money. It's an irritant to members of the GOP, however, who have strategically refused to pass a budget that funds the ACA.

I had to alter vacation plans. Federal parks/campsites are not operating. I'm just glad I realized it today instead of showing up on Thursday to camp site thats closed.

Good point, again, I didnt think of that. Makes me worry even more.

ND should just pay to get them to SB and put them up...

I agree, it would actually be a great gesture for ND after what the Navy did for Notre Dame a long time ago. This would be the perfect thing for ND to do.

If the TV contracts, Nike and Under Armour et al contracts, tickets, vending, etc....can't pay for the damn game.....then the army navy and air force shouldn't be fielding any teams at all. (I am ex Navy by the way).

It's all scare tactics. Heck, they barricaded all the open air monuments on the mall.......because why? smh.

AND the Democratically controlled Senate hasn't passed a budget in 4.5 years, nor will they any time soon. This isn't a 'budget' we are talking about...more of a continuing resolution.

NSA.GOV.....website not updated any more.....now if we could just get a few more of these guys to step away from their keyboards.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/wagoneer12/govshutdown_zps8c72cace.jpg

Edited by MantyIrish

This is Obama PR bullcrap. I would hope ND and its alums would pony up the money to help Navy travel and play us. It's the least we can do to continue the tradition and repay them for saving our school. If the Dems want to negotiate with Iran and Russia, but not the Republicans, let them; but we should keep this traditional game alive and well.