DomerDomain Poster Bios

Hello. My name is Presley Laypath. I'm 29 years old,and I've been an alcoholic for 10 years..j/k :) anyway,I have 2 older brothers(converted them to ND fans a few years back). I started watching Irish football in 95. Started as a huge Powlus fan. Was my favorite player for years along with Marc Edwards.haven't missed a game since. I actually record all the games.lol. Never been to a game but I've been to campus 3 times. The best time was the first...talked to Bob Davie outside the stadium. Got an autograph and talked for a bit. I'm from Laurel Mississippi and he actually knew where that was. He talked about the town and it kinda freaked me out.lol. Other teams I like are the Saints and Red Sox. As far as hobbies go...about the only hobby I have left is going to the gym. Not much time for anything else..work too much. I'm a construction inspector(work for the city engineer). Aaaand that's about it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name's Derek and I'm 28. I went to ND, graduated in '03 after living in Dillon for four years. Before that, I grew up in Memphis where I still have a lot of football connections. I played corner and wide receiver for my high school, CBHS, as well as playing Defense and Long Stick Midfielder for my lacrosse team. At ND, I double majored in film and political science while working in Sports Information. After undergrad, I went back to Memphis where the U of M gave be free grad school in film and a stipend as long as I taught oral communication and intro to film to the undergrads. During that time, I also worked video taping tiger football and basketball practices and games while also videoing Grizzlies and Redbirds games and working on Projects for Graceland. After grad school, I traveled to Chatsworth outside of LA where I worked in the DVD Department for Lions Gate, but moved on to work for AFLAC after seeing that one can't live on peanuts in LA. Wanting to get out of LA, however, due to the incredible expense of living out there, I moved to Atlanta where I met my fiance who was a freshman at ND when I was a sophomore. I'm not in my second year of law school and she is in her third year of med school. We don't know where we'll be in year, but I know one thing: I'll still be getting after it on here with spirited and fun debates about everything! I love being on here with everyone, even those with whom my ideas seem to conflict. The funniest thing I've seen is the common ground I find eventually with those I often butt heads with. I hope everyone stays around as long as possible, because I couldn't imagine a day without seeing what all of you have to contribute on here. There isn't a place on the internet that feels more like home than the DD. Talk to you soon!

Photo.thumb.jpg.4d65664a51e1a60fa31fe887364e2408.jpg

Hey, I'm Franco Fernando (i know, creative screen name)...I am 25 years old and I'm from Southern California. I graduated from Loyola Marymount University with a BA in Accounting and I am currently studying for the CPA exam. I attended Notre Dame High School of Sherman Oaks (yes, the same one Dayne Crist is from) and graduated there in 2000. I fell in love with Notre Dame Football, both high school and the university's, the minute I went there; learning all of the traditions, and morals of Notre Dame really brought me in. After, as I stated before, I went to LMU, who didn't have a football team, so my loyalties stay with ND. Because I became an ND fan in '96, I have never actually witnessed a National Championship, so no one can really call me a bandwagon fan, haha.

edit: resized pics, lol..omg i give up, i'm just gonna attach the..they're too big

3232523_KarensBday.jpg.ef3c83a3da10040bf2d58863f3fba633.jpg

1682008730_MeandKristna2.jpg.8ae34808f65e20a1a2b30200b58427bb.jpg

Edited by Franco

Hey, I'm Franco Fernando (i know, creative screen name)...I am 25 years old and I'm from Southern California. I graduated from Loyola Marymount University with a BA in Accounting and I am currently studying for the CPA exam. I attended Notre Dame High School of Sherman Oaks (yes, the same one Dayne Crist is from) and graduated there in 2000. I fell in love with Notre Dame Football, both high school and the university's, the minute I went there; learning all of the traditions, and morals of Notre Dame really brought me in. After, as I stated before, I went to LMU, who didn't have a football team, so my loyalties stay with ND. Because I became an ND fan in '96, I have never actually witnessed a National Championship, so no one can really call me a bandwagon fan, haha.

edit: resized pics, lol..omg i give up, i'm just gonna attach the..they're too big

Lol! I've often thought the same thing...we're definitely not bandwagon fans,we started out with the Davie-Ham era. :) I started watching in 95.

If I coulda gone anywhere else, it woulda been LMU. 70% ladies. It's on a nice cliff overlooking the ocean. Man, what a nice campus. Don't know any Alpha Phi's named Nadiya or Alana, do you?

the girlies were nice, definitely a distraction. common outfit for girls in the winter...wife beater with short skirt, UGGs boots, and a scarf..doesn't make sense, but man it was sexy..haa

My dorm room was actually overlooking those bluffs and you can see the ocean. =)

Didn't know many Aphi's, and the ones i did know, their name totally escapes me right now. haha

• 1 month later...

Name is RDR (Dreamer). I am as old as the wind, but not quite as old as dirt (Sir John). I am from Southern California. Really dislike the SC Condoms...even before I fell in love with The Irish. My kids are older than most here, with seven grandkids that push me to extremes I did not realize I had.

Just retired from my job of thirty three years...and I hate not belonging to the work force. I love most of you here, and appreciate all that The Administrators do...Don Juan, Schell, Fanatic and last but never least...Sir John.

This is my home away from home...though I have not treated it such lately. Glad to be here! GO IRISH!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Greg and I am from South Dakota and as you can see, I chose the very clever (who am I kidding?) SDIrishman as my screen name. I have never posted on this site but have lurked here for at least a year. I finally built up the courage to register and talk ND football to those who know a lot more about it than I do.

I am 24 years old senior at the University of South Dakota studying anthropology and philosophy, and a long time Irish fan. Besides ND football, I enjoy ND hockey quite a bit and very much enjoy falconry and mountain biking when I can. God willing, I hope to make it to my first ND football game this season. I really do not know what else to say, but, I look forward to getting to know fellow Irish fans and finally start posting on this board instead of only lurking.

"Good Morning Gentlemen! The temperature is 110 degrees....."

"Holy Shit it's BG Tom1....."

"BG Tom1's up here....great....ohh shit...."

Great! He's probably saying "ohh shit it's Maverick and Goose"

Yeah, im sure he's sayin that!

Tower this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby....

Thats a negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full.....

Classic lines from a classic movie. My name is Tom. Im 32 years old and live in Youngstown Ohio. Ive been married for almost six years and this past march my wife and I welcomed our son (Colten) into the world. I graduated from the Police academy and served as a full time Police Officer for almost five years until a career change found me pushing papers in a desk job. I am now a warehouse supervisor and enjoying life. My wife graduated from St.Marys college in 2003 and is now employed as a High School honors English teacher. I am an avid motorcyclist and am interested in a myriad of different things but my passion is WW1 to the present military aviation. Hence the movie lines above. I am also quite the true crime historian having studied it for many years. If info on Al Capone or John Dillinger is what you seek im your man. My love of Notre Dame was hatched with me from the womb. I am also a die hard Browns fan and Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Stanley Cup champs again baby!!!! I love the DD and have been a member for a long time. I dont get to post that often, hence the low post total but when I get good info I try to get it here as fast as possible. I am heavily involved with charitable work and am proud to be a Brother in the Masonic fraternity. I recently advanced through the York Rite body of Masonry and can now add the titles of Knight of the Red Cross, Knight of the Order of Malta and Knight Templar to my resume. For any upstanding male member here on the DD seeking admission into the fraternity shoot me a pm and I will help you get started. I would be proud to be able to call you my brother. I can also dispell much of the misinformation out there about us for you. So thats the current me right now...Glad to meet ya! God Loves the Golden Dome! I think he just needed to humble us for awhile.

Guest SirJohn

Congratulations Tom on many things you mentioned. I am a History buff as well. I'm primarily Ancient Rome, but know alot of WW1 and the red baron. Odly I too am some sort of expert (ha ha) on the Mafia, and old Capone days. SJ

Guest Tate4Heisman

I am Tate4Heisman. My real name will remain anonymous. My name was inspired by the legendary Golden Tate, my favorite current Notre Dame player. I'm 17 and not out of high school, yet. I loooooooove my Irish and 50% of the YouTube videos I watch are Irish highlight vids.

Guest ablinmyheart

I first fell in love with Notre Dame around the time Lou Holtz game his farewell speech at Notre Dame in front of the study body, then I think the movie Rudy came out at some point gave me goosebumps and I had to find out what this Notre Dame thing was all about. I actually was once a member here long ago, the only name I can remember though is Ryan. As for my screename, I figured it was a way to honor the relationship I had with my best friend back in the day. My friends call me Coley, you can too if you like. Thanks for the open door at Domer Domain.

Edited by ablinmyheart

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...