2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

On 8/26/2023 at 5:48 PM, 4thand1 said:

I hope ND takes whichever of Bear or Deuce that wants to commit first.  Can't have another situation like '23 when ND lost Arnold because they waited for Moore.

It looks like that's the plan. There's a "Who's first?" T-shirt in between a Deuces and a Bear Down shirt in the picture linked here.

https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1697769299404898598?s=20

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, The Captain 19 said:

Is this a first come first served situation Big? I'm pumped with either one but I kinda favor Bear. Am I wrong? Kid just seems to have that "it" moxie. Not trying to make a varsity blues reference. Just sayin. He seems like a player. Competitor. 

Yes. Deuces athleticism could make him  incredibly dangerous and an epic QB but it feels boom or bust a little right now. Agree with you about Bear. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

Strictly from my fan perspective, I think Bear has some of the same strengths and characteristics as Brady Quinn.  

Bear is a tank.  I haven't seen his film or know his level of competition.  His sophomore stats were pretty decent.  I'm sure more targets will emerge also.  Whoever we get will hopefully be walking into a stocked QB room by the time they get here.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, PJacksonsDred15 said:

So Deuce Knight is transferring out of Lipscomb and leaving Tennessee....does St. Joe need a quarterback?

“It had nothing to do with football,” Mawae told the paper. “It had everything to do with him wanting to be with his family.”

So gotta believe he would want to stay close to home then. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

“It had nothing to do with football,” Mawae told the paper. “It had everything to do with him wanting to be with his family.”

So gotta believe he would want to stay close to home then. 

That can explain a few things with his play if he wasn't comfortable with this move for HS.  I don't know if things will change much before he heads to college.  Perhaps schools are really going to have to sell him on a home/family feel to get him.  Who knows.  Wonder what this does for this year's eligibility?

1 hour ago, jessemoore97 said:

That can explain a few things with his play if he wasn't comfortable with this move for HS.  I don't know if things will change much before he heads to college.  Perhaps schools are really going to have to sell him on a home/family feel to get him.  Who knows.  Wonder what this does for this year's eligibility?

If homesickness was indeed the reason for him to leave his current high school mid-season, Deuce's attractiveness to most programs has probably just gone down a notch. Given that a school can typically only take one QB recruit per class, if I were a coach, it would be difficult to sign someone with a high risk of hitting the portal.

He probably is done for this season as well which will cost him a bunch of snaps as a starting high school QB.

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 1

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

If homesickness was indeed the reason for him to leave his current high school mid-season, Deuce's attractiveness to most programs has probably just gone down a notch. Given that a school can typically only take one QB recruit per class, if I were a coach, it would be difficult to sign someone with a high risk of hitting the portal.

He probably is done for this season as well which will cost him a bunch of snaps as a starting high school QB.

Right.  I didn't pay enough attention to understand his reason for transferring to start with.  He was considered a top prospect at his original HS.

I can see both sides here. The kid was likely living with a host family and not with someone he readily knew. The difference with college is it is expected you will be living with new people, but you also have a recruiting class and a bunch of coaches who recruited you. You also have NIL money to fly your family in for games or on weekend visits. I can also understand the red flag of him only making it ~4 weeks when he thinks he is going away to college. My main issue is the loss of playing time. Loosely he is like Buchner. He is an athlete right now and needs QB reps, a lot of them. Luckily, ND has a strong core now and could let him sit, but I also think this may crack the door for Bear a little more. Bear visits soon too. Both are reportedly in no rush to decide, but Deuce likely sooner.

Edited by Big23Head