2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Posted (edited)

It sounds like things with Talyn Taylor and ND have heated up some. Dylan Robinson with OV now too. WR recruiting is interesting, but I think will be figured out around July. The class should be basically finished heading into the season, couple spots to be filled at most would be my guess right now.

Edited by Big23Head
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Big23Head said:

It sounds like things with Talyn Taylor and ND have heated up some. Dylan Robinson with OV now too. WR recruiting is interesting, but I think will be figured out around July. The class should be basically finished heading into the season, couple spots to be filled at most would be my guess right now.

WR and DL will be the most interesting positions to follow this summer.

Seems like ND is the leader for Derek Meadows and Tanook Hines, but neither is a done deal or anything. Curious about some of the new names emerging. Wonder if it has anything to do with Shaun Terry going to Mizzou on a visit or if they envision Bettis more as a safety (to be clear, have not heard that). But maybe ND just wants to take 5 guys after losing a bunch of younger guys to the portal after last season.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, tneun89 said:

WR and DL will be the most interesting positions to follow this summer.

Seems like ND is the leader for Derek Meadows and Tanook Hines, but neither is a done deal or anything. Curious about some of the new names emerging. Wonder if it has anything to do with Shaun Terry going to Mizzou on a visit or if they envision Bettis more as a safety (to be clear, have not heard that). But maybe ND just wants to take 5 guys after losing a bunch of younger guys to the portal after last season.

If Shaun Terry went on a visit do we still consider him a commitment? If you're looking we're looking.

1 hour ago, The Captain 19 said:

If Shaun Terry went on a visit do we still consider him a commitment? If you're looking we're looking.

I think that Freeman only really treats official visits as invalidating a commitment. Probably doesn't like commits taking unofficials but it's a difficult position to take a strong stance on if you are OK with recruits committed elsewhere to come and visit ND

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

My thoughts on ND chances of landing these prospects as of today, High, Moderate, Low. Note, I would have had Trystan Haynes in the High category previously as ND was top 2 with OU, but things changed when Dallas Golden committed. Also, I do not think there is a realistic OL or DL worth mentioning right now. 

LA RB James Simon: Low

NV WR Derek Meadows: High

IL WR Talyn Taylor: High

FL WR Jayvan Boggs: Low 

TX WR Tanook Hines: High

CA WR Dylan Robinson: Moderate

CA LB Madden Faraimo: Moderate

CA LB Noah Mikhail: Low

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng: Low

FL LB Gavin Nix: Low 

IN CB Mark Zackery IV: High

NC S Jadon Blair: High

GA ATH Dalen Penson: Low 

As of now, I would expect Simon, Meadows, Taylor, Mikhail, Zackery, and Blair to announce before August. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

Blair is rumored to be announcing on this birthday I think (which is July 5th)

Owusu-Baoteng does not have a leader currently and will be a long recruitment for every team.

Boggs seems to have been removed as a possibility.

Wish I knew when Faraimo was going to announce, he would definitely be a steal in my opinion; almost as big as KVA.

43 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Blair is rumored to be announcing on this birthday I think (which is July 5th)

Owusu-Baoteng does not have a leader currently and will be a long recruitment for every team.

Boggs seems to have been removed as a possibility.

Wish I knew when Faraimo was going to announce, he would definitely be a steal in my opinion; almost as big as KVA.

• Heart 1