2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Really happy to see that ND is trending well with Deuce Knight. I can't get away from being worried about him staying with ND through signing day.  Both Ten & Ala have MacIntyre at the top of their QB board with Knight being next.  I am worried that the loser of that battle could give Knight cause to flip if he does end up verbally committing to ND.  If the decision were mine, I would think hard about the decision to take either Knight or Bachmeier.  Of course I don't have the benefit of meeting with Knight in person to get a feel for his intentions.  

18 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

Really happy to see that ND is trending well with Deuce Knight. I can't get away from being worried about him staying with ND through signing day.  Both Ten & Ala have MacIntyre at the top of their QB board with Knight being next.  I am worried that the loser of that battle could give Knight cause to flip if he does end up verbally committing to ND.  If the decision were mine, I would think hard about the decision to take either Knight or Bachmeier.  Of course I don't have the benefit of meeting with Knight in person to get a feel for his intentions.  

I think that it's mostly because he's from deep SEC country.  We've apparently had only 1 Mississippi recruit in our history: Notre Dame All Time Football Recruits in Mississippi (247sports.com)

2 hours ago, Blammm said:

I think that it's mostly because he's from deep SEC country.  We've apparently had only 1 Mississippi recruit in our history: Notre Dame All Time Football Recruits in Mississippi (247sports.com)

For what it is worth, 247 has his brother as playing WR at Indiana Univ. so there is some history of family leaving the SEC footprint. Deuce is also playing this season in Tennessee so a little closer to South Bend than when he was in Mississippi.

2 hours ago, nd_irish said:

In 247’s history.  

Jarious Jackson was a really good one from Mississippi in the 90’s.  But, yeah, pretty rare.

Ahhh.... didn't see the "since 2000" disclaimer.  Anyway, the general point still stands.