2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

27 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I can see both sides here. The kid was likely living with a host family and not with someone he readily knew. The difference with college is it is expected you will be living with new people, but you also have a recruiting class and a bunch of coaches who recruited you. You also have NIL money to fly your family in for games or on weekend visits. I can also understand the red flag of him only making it ~4 weeks when he thinks he is going away to college. My main issue is the loss of playing time. Loosely he is like Buchner. He is an athlete right now and needs QB reps, a lot of them. Luckily, ND has a strong core now and could let him sit, but I also think this may crack the door for Bear a little more. Bear visits soon too. Both are reportedly in no rush to decide, but Deuce likely sooner.

I agree but this might be enough to be a tie breaker so that Duece goes from tied for the top of ND's QB board to #2 a little behind Bear. 

• Heart 1

Coaching staff has to be rooting for Bear to give them strong interest this weekend when he visits.  Doesn't sound like he'll commit anytime soon, but he must be #1 on their board given Deuce's homesick transfer after 3 games. 

I read that Deuce was living in an apartment with his mom and sister @ Lipscomb, but wanted to be closer to other friends and family, too.  He had to sit 3 games before he's allowed to play again with George County (2 more, with one of those tonight).  Side note:  I'm surprised state associations allow that in season.

https://www.tennessean.com/deuceknight-transfer-decision-explained

It would seem like he'd want to reevaluate his own college choices.  I can't imagine ND rescinding, but they'd almost have to talk him out of it with the necessary hard conversations about South Bend off-seasons.

I vote we Bear Down!

If ND can keep stacking top 10 level QB commits, they will be championship contenders far more frequently. I hope the staff learned from the D Moore fiasco and can sense indecisiveness so it can be avoided.  Not saying that describes Deuce but you can understand why someone would perceive it that way.  

Any idea how many verbal recruits we had by mid / late September for the 2024 class this time last year?  We currently have three 2025 recruits so just curious if we are on par, behind, ahead?  I know it does not matter until signing day...and sometimes after signing day and that schools such as Alabama tend to get their verbal commitments late but 3 seems to me a little light. 

2 hours ago, 1Redrum said:

Any idea how many verbal recruits we had by mid / late September for the 2024 class this time last year?  We currently have three 2025 recruits so just curious if we are on par, behind, ahead?  I know it does not matter until signing day...and sometimes after signing day and that schools such as Alabama tend to get their verbal commitments late but 3 seems to me a little light. 

Four. Carr, Williams, Larsen, and Jones.

• Heart 1