2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I would absolutely love to have Deuce on the squad but it would be devasting to see him flip before signing day.  Like I said, I have to hope that the staff has a better feel for the situation than we do.  If he gets to the point where he's ready to commit, I would hope Freeman would ask him the hypothetical of if Ten/Ala were to make you their top priority, would you stick with us.

3 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

I would absolutely love to have Deuce on the squad but it would be devasting to see him flip before signing day.  Like I said, I have to hope that the staff has a better feel for the situation than we do.  If he gets to the point where he's ready to commit, I would hope Freeman would ask him the hypothetical of if Ten/Ala were to make you their top priority, would you stick with us.

I think that the staff makes the case that committing is not something you do lightly. Given that they 1) don't want Irish commits to take OVs elsewhere and 2) they want recruits committed elsewhere to de-commit before they OV to ND.

17 hours ago, irishwavend said:

This 6 confidence crap is such a nothing burger…it’s getting tiring the amount he puts out there.  Make it a 9 or 10 or don’t make a prediction…

Honestly, most confidences now are at a 6... Pretty much when someone is 60% sure they will go to a certain school, they put in a crystal ball. The crystal ball itself usually means they know something, but kids minds change all the time. Cant remember the last time I saw a 9 or 10 confidence level.

18 hours ago, BAgate said:

You would seriously have a 9 or 10 confidence about ANYTHING a teenager would do?

Good point, but a 6 is a guess…nothing more.  I can make a guess and rank it a 6 for clicks as well.  A higher number indicates inside information or professional insight.  A 6 tells me you want to say you were first if he picks us, but if not you can say that you only marked it a 6…. It’s a game and not a very insightful one at that.

• Flames 1

I think I would be hesitant to give a 9 or 10 if I had some inside info of a silent commit or something similar because it would steal the spotlight from the kid’s moment.  But, the spotlight gets stolen anyway , to a certain extent, when 5 new predictions often come in on the same day with a confidence of 6.  

I take Perry and Meadows as soon as they want to commit.  Strange that ND isn't making more publicized progress with Taylor.  I would think Cam Williams would help them real in the Chgo area 2025 WR.  That's probably ongoing.