Harbaugh rumblings…

3 minutes ago, Pregame said:

I, personally, find it DISGUSTING that someone in college athletics would ever look to monetize their skillset and pursue better opportunities. Shame on Jim for not dedicating his entire life to Michigan and coaching for the love of the game. No dedication, no commitment, ItS tHe WiLd WeSt OuT tHeRe!!!!!

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pregame said:

I, personally, find it DISGUSTING that someone in college athletics would ever look to monetize their skillset and pursue better opportunities. Shame on Jim for not dedicating his entire life to Michigan and coaching for the love of the game. No dedication, no commitment, ItS tHe WiLd WeSt OuT tHeRe!!!!!

Not even close to the same thing... but nice try. You and the "players getting the pie" posters can have your fun.

7 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Not even close to the same thing... but nice try. You and the "players getting the pie" posters can have your fun.

You're completely right, it is way worse. Jim Harbaugh has a contract with the University whereas the players do not. Breaking your deal to move on? Unthinkable. 

3 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Why are all HCs not paid the same amount of money? Shouldn't the HC of Miami of Ohio make the same amount as the HC of Alabama? Why should some make over $10MM a year and others make < $1 MM to coach a non-profit sport?

5 hours ago, Pregame said:

Tim Prister is *fuming* reading this.

6 hours ago, Pregame said:

It's not a money thing. It could be a respect thing though as he took a pretty good paycut last year.

He's always relished the NFL but there weren't other opportunities around for him by the time SF let him go.. UM got lucky he was available..

8 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Why are all HCs not paid the same amount of money? Shouldn't the HC of Miami of Ohio make the same amount as the HC of Alabama? Why should some make over $10MM a year and others make < $1 MM to coach a non-profit sport?

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, JTennant said:

It's not a money thing. It could be a respect thing though as he took a pretty good paycut last year.

He's always relished the NFL but there weren't other opportunities around for him by the time SF let him go.. UM got lucky he was available..

I think it’s a money thing. He’s seen what other big time coaches just got paid and he just had his team in the playoffs. Just doing what Brian Kelly did. Win, get paid. 

I’ll bet he’s at Michigan next year but making a few million dollars more. 

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I think it’s a money thing. He’s seen what other big time coaches just got paid and he just had his team in the playoffs. Just doing what Brian Kelly did. Win, get paid. 

I’ll bet he’s at Michigan next year but making a few million dollars more. 

This ^^^^.  I don't think he's leaving either.  Remember that his pay was cut in half this year?  He was forced to take it or leave.  He took it and his staff also had their pay cut.  So I think this is a little come uppance.  Hey, we are looking; you either pay us or we walk.