Harbaugh rumblings…

6 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I think it’s a money thing. He’s seen what other big time coaches just got paid and he just had his team in the playoffs. Just doing what Brian Kelly did. Win, get paid. 

I’ll bet he’s at Michigan next year but making a few million dollars more. 

Brian Kelly didn't leave for the money either. If it was the money he would have shopped LSU's offer with Swarbrick or at least mentioned it. Brian Kelly thinks it's easier to win at LSU than South Bend, that's the main reason he left. 

Go back and read articles about Harbaugh at Stanford. There was no amount of money Stanford(which can afford to pay coaches big time money btw) or any other college team could have thrown at him to keep him in college. 

He's a competitive dude who wants to win on the highest level. I can't blame him. Even at Michigan he's fighting with one hand tied behind his back to compete against SEC schools who have and will have paid for rosters. 

If it was solely about the money why would he have given several million of his bonus to UM staffers this year? 

I'll give you that it's about the money in terms of being competitive. I think I'm worth more than this idiot who's making X in the NFL but I don't think he's driven by the almighty dollar so his wife can buy a new land rover. 

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

I’d like to think Harbaugh and Day to the NFL will help ND in recruiting but Fickell to UM could be an issue. OSU will be well OSU until they start loosing like FSU.

Maybe with Day gone Hartline becomes a realistic option for WR coach. 

No way!  So the guy that bleeds Scarlett and Grey is now going to go to his arch-rival. Not seeing it. Wouldn’t Ohio State just offer Fickel the job if Day left?  

I don't believe that tweet about Harbaugh, Fickell and Day either.  I posted it more as "look what's out there".  But could you imagine Fickell to UM.  Hahahaha.  That would be like Bo Schembelc...oh wait.....  hahaha

If you look at the tweet, it shows a posting on the message board for the University of Texas.  I’m skeptical about that being a quality source.  Not saying it won’t happen, but I’m not ready to believe based on someone quoting a UT message board about inner workings at Michigan.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

Amber Theoharis NFL had a tweet (since deleted) that he's going NFL. She left up the tweet that it's all finalized and an announcement is coming. 

Personally, I see him making the leap. No real reason to stay anymore and he can cash out (and probably get more control).

One other thing on this.  I did think it was odd, when Harbaugh was interviewed outside the locker room after the loss to Georgia, he stated that he felt this was the "best season ever for Michigan".  Just thought that was an odd quote, right then to state how good they did, when he normally isn't talking about his teams like that.  It just felt odd, but maybe that's just him....

7 minutes ago, nd1989 said:

Wow.  He might just be that pissed at current UM leadership.  

You know, I don't think this is really the crux of it (just speculating and first to admit I could be wrong). At that level, I imagine it's about creating challenges for yourself. As much BK to LSU was about removing some barriers to winning, I'm sure a part was just getting restless and wanting a new challenge. 
I'm sure some part of it is an 'f u' to the administration. By now, we can be reasonably confident that Harbaugh has this sort of dickishness in his personality. But, I'm sure another part is an F U to San Fran. Another is probably a realization that there is no time to play his hand than right now. Another part a realization that he probably doesn't get a better season at UM. And, i'm sure, part of it I just need a new challenge to keep my edge.

It probably is a complex situation, but I do think Harbaugh is a proud Michigan man.  When they cut his salary publicly like they did, he probably became pretty pissed.  I saw that he is the 4th least paid head coach in the Big Ten.  wow, just wow.  So I think there's an f u in here to UM.  Maybe not to UM directly, but to certain people at UM.  probably not Warde either.  I think it might be the Board of Trustees?  There's certainly a lot going on there.

Another tweet just came out, looks like he acknowledged hes talking to NFL teams

RT@BallsackSports

Jim Harbaugh addresses the Michigan media and acknowledges he’s considering a leap to the NFL

https://twitter.com/BallsackSports/status/1479541538950680590

29 minutes ago, nd1989 said:

It probably is a complex situation, but I do think Harbaugh is a proud Michigan man.  When they cut his salary publicly like they did, he probably became pretty pissed.  I saw that he is the 4th least paid head coach in the Big Ten.  wow, just wow.  So I think there's an f u in here to UM.  Maybe not to UM directly, but to certain people at UM.  probably not Warde either.  I think it might be the Board of Trustees?  There's certainly a lot going on there.

Another tweet just came out, looks like he acknowledged hes talking to NFL teams

RT@BallsackSports

Jim Harbaugh addresses the Michigan media and acknowledges he’s considering a leap to the NFL

https://twitter.com/BallsackSports/status/1479541538950680590

He’s either gone or this is a public display in an attempt to get leverage for committed resources to compete with the SEC.

Hes a better coach than Saban and 10x better than Kirby Smart but he doesn’t have freaks on the D line or frisbee catching dogs on the other side. 

I believe it’s the former.

Think about what recruiting really is.. an old dude pretending to be friends with immature teenagers.. many of whom are spoiled brats where you have to go all out on your sales pitch 24-7/365 to get a “maybe I’ll think about it..” not just the time it takes away from your free time..

I dont believe the original source saying Luke Fickell to Michigan, but looks like there is some smoke with Harbaugh and the NFL. Would love to see him leave Michigan, but that was almost "their perfect hire." Him leaving could help with Dante Moore as well. lol

2 hours ago, JTennant said:

He’s either gone or this is a public display in an attempt to get leverage for committed resources to compete with the SEC.

Hes a better coach than Saban and 10x better than Kirby Smart but he doesn’t have freaks on the D line or frisbee catching dogs on the other side. 

Think about what recruiting really is.. an old dude pretending to be friends with immature teenagers.. many of whom are spoiled brats where you have to go all out on your sales pitch 24-7/365 to get a “maybe I’ll think about it..” not just the time it takes away from your free time..

Agreed…when they publicly cut his salary I thought he was on borrowed time until he goes back to the nfl.  I think he’s probably a little better suited for the nfl game, he’s a good coach and a weird dude

8 hours ago, JTennant said:

Brian Kelly didn't leave for the money either. If it was the money he would have shopped LSU's offer with Swarbrick or at least mentioned it. Brian Kelly thinks it's easier to win at LSU than South Bend, that's the main reason he left. 

Go back and read articles about Harbaugh at Stanford. There was no amount of money Stanford(which can afford to pay coaches big time money btw) or any other college team could have thrown at him to keep him in college. 

He's a competitive dude who wants to win on the highest level. I can't blame him. Even at Michigan he's fighting with one hand tied behind his back to compete against SEC schools who have and will have paid for rosters. 

If it was solely about the money why would he have given several million of his bonus to UM staffers this year? 

I'll give you that it's about the money in terms of being competitive. I think I'm worth more than this idiot who's making X in the NFL but I don't think he's driven by the almighty dollar so his wife can buy a new land rover. 

It’s never about the money until you look at the money. 
It’s always about the money. 
He’ll be making more money next year than this year no matter where he ends up. 

6 hours ago, JTennant said:

Harbaugh is a better coach than Saban?

Many would disagree with that statement. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

/Raises hand

//I'll second the Motion. 

I think Saban's piles of trophies next to Harbaugh's pile of 1 win against Ohio St. would be enough to end that argument quickly. If not, it'd be easy to point out that Saban has won the SEC and gotten to the playoff seemingly every year in a MUCH harder conference than Michigan. 

NFL coach? Sure, I'll entertain Harbaugh being a better NFL coach. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Harbaugh is a better coach than Saban?

Many would disagree with that statement. 

Saban runs a more successful college program than Harbaugh two totally different statements.

If you’re a GM and you need to make a coaching hire to run a successful NFL franchise, who are you picking?

You think Saban would take Stanford to BCS bowls?

Could Harbaugh sustain the incredible run at Bama? Probably not but I don’t have a lone criterion for judging a HC.