ND Basketball 2015 Season Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing. Watching GT get the go ahead basket with 1 sec left made me feel just like I did when Kizer got stopped short of goal line. Went to bed in a bad mood again.

Phlueger seems to fold at the end of games. This team is difficult to watch without eating a handful of Rolaids.

Rex, all of a sudden has looked horrible the past few weeks. Has trouble playing defense as well. His, man making a 3 was the difference of the game.

Rex has NOT been "horrible" these last few weeks. Sweet Lawdy. Do you guys even watch basketball? Do you know that ND beat UNC, Duke, and Louisville with Rex playing pivotal defense on the some of the nations's best shooters? Do you even know what a hedge is? Do you know it's the guy who's man is doing the screening's responsibility to bump the offensive player out of his cut, and not the other defender being rubbed off--in this case, Rex? Did you know that Rex had several key rebounds in last night's game and in those three games against ACC powers? Some of you have no clue about the game of basketball.

My stream was horrible but from what I could see was a frustrating game. That was a bad loss as we have tons of road games coming up and I don't see us beating Miami who I think is the best in the conference.

That was a terrible loss.

Rex has NOT been "horrible" these last few weeks. Sweet Lawdy. Do you guys even watch basketball? Do you know that ND beat UNC, Duke, and Louisville with Rex playing pivotal defense on the some of the nations's best shooters? Do you even know what a hedge is? Do you know it's the guy who's man is doing the screening's responsibility to bump the offensive player out of his cut, and not the other defender being rubbed off--in this case, Rex? Did you know that Rex had several key rebounds in last night's game and in those three games against ACC powers? Some of you have no clue about the game of basketball.

And yet my posts get deleted? And it was a bad loss, but that happens. They're 3-0 v UNC, Duke, and Louisville.

You have your opinion, we have our's. IMO he's got a long way to go, but he is a freshman so can't get to worked up. Though, it would be nice if he would be a little more aggressive on the offensive end.

You have your opinion, we have our's. IMO he's got a long way to go, but he is a freshman so can't get to worked up. Though, it would be nice if he would be a little more aggressive on the offensive end.

I agree with Phlueger being too passive on the offensive side. He needs to be confident in his game and shoot the ball when he's wide open. But his defense has won ND games. That's a direct quote from Brey. Other players like ZA need to hedge out and stop the cutter from making his cut unmolested.

And yet my posts get deleted? And it was a bad loss, but that happens. They're 3-0 v UNC, Duke, and Louisville.

How many times are you going to attack BKTM on here before you get the message? No personal attacks. "You're a female dog," is not going to fly under my radar after going with "BItch" the first time.

I agree with Phlueger being too passive on the offensive side. He needs to be confident in his game and shoot the ball when he's wide open. But his defense has won ND games. That's a direct quote from Brey. Other players like ZA need to hedge out and stop the cutter from making his cut unmolested.

How many times are you going to attack BKTM on here before you get the message? No personal attacks. "You're a female dog," is not going to fly under my radar after going with "BItch" the first time.

Ya, I can be a dick and a dummy. But, even I don't bash on people.

I got a little nervous during that game over the last 10 minutes. Luckily, just about every time we missed or had a TO, they couldn't get our lead to less than 4.

I really don't think the WF team is going to be that bad in the next few years. They seemed like they had a few nice pieces, and it can't hurt to have Manning as your coach, although probably no kids know who he is...

I think the best lineup for this team is Jackson, Vasturia, Auguste, Beachem and Colson. That lineup gives us enough size and tons of athleticism. Beachem and Auguste are great athletes as big guys and Colson is a great mix. It's too bad Geben didn't pan out as we could use one more big man, because if we rebound like that against any tourney team we are done. Maybe being a bit critical as it got better late in the game.

I have missed a couple games lately but I like what I see from Ryan and Pfleuger. Ryan is a straight up 3 ball money shooter and Pfleuger is really athletic. It'd be nice if we could go deeper and see more Torres, Burgett, Geben and Farrell.

Just got to watch the game. Definitely not the prettiest but it was an important win. I thought Auguste played pretty well, along with Jackson. I also think Beach is playing pretty well. Vasturia continues to impress. He has really developed his overall game.

ND looked tired last night against Wake but it is that time of year when teams really have to grind. They don't seem to be moving the ball consistently on offense as they did a few games ago. With that said win 2 out of the last 3 and I think they earn a double bye for the ACC tournament. FSU will be another tough one on Saturday and Miami is just flat out good this year.