ND Basketball 2015 Season Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is really finding their stride. Obviously didn't have Jackson against Syracuse, so it's hard to take that game into account, but it's really hard to beat this team if you don't put up 80+. Only getting better.

Whether Brey likes it or not, he is playing more guys. Looks like the rotation is gonna be DJ, Vasturia, Beachem, Auguste, and Colson getting the majority of minutes...Rexy is essentially the sixth man at this point. After that, depending on the game it's gonna be Ryan or Burgett getting decent minutes. Farrell and Torres can see time if needed.

The team is really finding their stride. Obviously didn't have Jackson against Syracuse, so it's hard to take that game into account, but it's really hard to beat this team if you don't put up 80+. Only getting better.

Whether Brey likes it or not, he is playing more guys. Looks like the rotation is gonna be DJ, Vasturia, Beachem, Auguste, and Colson getting the majority of minutes...Rexy is essentially the sixth man at this point. After that, depending on the game it's gonna be Ryan or Burgett getting decent minutes. Farrell and Torres can see time if needed.

Even though Brey is playing more guys, it's not like they really ever go more than 7 deep. Jackson, Vasturia, Beachum, Colson, Auguste, Ryan and Rex. I know that Burgett contributed well this last game, but if he was truly able to contribute like that ever game he would have been starting already. Brey was using Burgett to attempt to send a message to Auguste, Colson and Ryan, and it worked better than expected. Throughout his career he's been a below 20% 3 point shooter, and he went 4-6 from 3 this game. He had 11 points all year before going for 14 yesterday. I wouldn't mind Torres playing 5-8 minutes a game, even if it's just to use some fouls against bigger teams (UNC for example) and Burgett could do the same, but with a little more of an offensive game than Torres. And even though Farrell is the only guy who looked like he cared against Syracuse, if he is playing significant minutes ND probably doesn't deserve to make the tournament.

I'm still not sure how good this team actually is. They seem a lot like our football team this year actually. All of their conference wins are against teams below them in the conference standings, and 3 losses are to the top 7 teams in the conference. The Duke win was obviously HUGE, but it doesn't look as good as it did 2 weeks ago with them being 4-4 in the ACC. The game that might end up getting them into the tournament is the Iowa win, on a neutral court. I grew up in Iowa City and my younger brother is a current Iowa student so I watch a lot of Hawkeye basketball and I think they'd beat ND by 15 at this point in the season.

I see your point Dardo...I only meant that Brey now has plenty of guys he knows he can turn to for some minutes if need be. The main rotation will probably include the usual from the past couple weeks, but Brey did say Burgett will start against Miami (and I think the message was more for Ryan than anything else).

I wish Torres saw consistent minutes every game, but it seems as though he's only gonna be a random minutes guy whenever Brey feels his game is needed.

Can we get one of those vintage ND home upsets tonight? Let's hope so!

I really want it, but it's hard to see it happening. UNC has a dominant front court and Auguste has been so bad lately, especially when getting into foul trouble. Gonna have to shoot lights out from three to have a shot.