ND Basketball 2015 Season Thread

Brey needs to learn to shut his damn mouth IMO. Besides Zach & DJ taking the entire second half off, Brey ran his mouth to the paper the night before about ND being the best Indiana team and of all the times ND beat IU in that gym. IU came out in that second half and bitch slapped Brey. The lack of leadership is a little disconcerting too. Not to mention, the lack of using Ryan/Torres off the bench. ND needed some hype in that half and got careless turnovers and missed boxouts instead. Torres & Ryan could have at least boxed somebody out.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got to watch the game. Bad, annoying loss. Golson and Beach came to play. The rest of the team...Not so much. Jackson did not look good today. I think this team is in trouble. They don't box out, they don't have a bench at all, and they don't have a consistent leader.

There is great shame in winning the NIT. Remember in Bull Durham, when Crash Davis set the all time Minor League HR record? It's like that.

I was waiting for you to get on here after they lost. You were noticeably absent when they were dominating the game. Stop acting like a kunt.

I was responding when we won, but I also wasn't getting all giddy. Last, year was a fun year, but in the back of my head Brey is a average coach. Finally, made a deep run last year, but NIT here we come.

I was responding when we won, but I also wasn't getting all giddy. Last, year was a fun year, but in the back of my head Brey is a average coach. Finally, made a deep run last year, but NIT here we come.

Average? Are you kidding? Brey is definitely one of the top 25 coaches in college basketball, probably closer to top 15. While the schools he's competing against in the ACC have entire fancy basketball practice facilities, he's recruiting players to practice in a basement that isn't as nice as my high school's basketball court (not to mention that it's dangerous with the walls being so close to the court.) If you think Brey is average, not only do you not know anything about basketball, but you also don't know anything about Notre Dame and how they treat the basketball program.

Agree. They need much more PT just to get a lot more game experience to help down the stretch.

No intensity from them tonight in garbage time and they nearly squandered the game. No d, too much hot dogging and gunning.

Other than that we looked pretty good...

Average? Are you kidding? Brey is definitely one of the top 25 coaches in college basketball, probably closer to top 15. While the schools he's competing against in the ACC have entire fancy basketball practice facilities, he's recruiting players to practice in a basement that isn't as nice as my high school's basketball court (not to mention that it's dangerous with the walls being so close to the court.) If you think Brey is average, not only do you not know anything about basketball, but you also don't know anything about Notre Dame and how they treat the basketball program.

I beg the differ. He's had a bunch of average years, that he ends up losing early in the tourney. Last, year he finally made the jump, because of one hell of a special year, with 2 special players. Now, reality sets back in, and will see if he even makes the tourney. Also, looking in the future, I really doubt he goes over 500 in the next year, and possibly 2017. I've always said if Duke, NC, Syracuse(high academic schools) etc can win NC's, no reason we shouldn't be able to. Now, if I can remember right, ND is making a new practice facility pretty soon.

Agree. They need much more PT just to get a lot more game experience to help down the stretch.

No intensity from them tonight in garbage time and they nearly squandered the game. No d, too much hot dogging and gunning.

Other than that we looked pretty good...

Being that it's almost January, hopefully it isn't to late to keep playing the bench. But, starting the ACC soon, you will only see 2 possibly 3 coming off the bench.

Guy has one bad game and we are talking like this about him? He's been awesome all year.

Not, trying to be mean, but if he's been so awesome why do we have 3 losses? Against, Indiana and Alabama, he had 2 horrible shooting nights. When, he plays bad the team plays bad, but he will never be Mr. Grant. Now, also ZA has been playing inconsistent which, obviously would open up more options for everyone. IMO I still think he comes back for another year anyway.

Not, trying to be mean, but if he's been so awesome why do we have 3 losses? Against, Indiana and Alabama, he had 2 horrible shooting nights. When, he plays bad the team plays bad, but he will never be Mr. Grant. Now, also ZA has been playing inconsistent which, obviously would open up more options for everyone. IMO I still think he comes back for another year anyway.

Grant had plenty of poor shooting nights last season, but one of the reasons he was so affective was his passing during poor shooting nights. I've seen the same level of play from Jackson. He affects the game in many ways even when his shot is off.

I don't really know how to respond to your 3 loss comment. Ever heard of Ben Simmons? LSU has a good amount of losses this year and he's probably the best player in CFB. One player is never the reason.

This team is still trying to find itself a little, and I personally think there might be more overall talent on this team than last year. That won't necessarily turn into anywhere close to the same amount of wins, but the best ball from this team is still ahead if you ask me.