ND Basketball 2015 Season Thread

That was garbage, no defence and bad free throw shooting as always as already pointed out.

Monmouth beat UCLA and only loss is to USC who is 5-0 and just beat Wichita State. So Monmouth might actually be good and a tourney team but that's still a game we should win.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. Funny how a loss brings guys to the basketball board...lol ;)

FTs definitely killed the team today. I really like this team though and I expect them to bounce back. An early season loss might do them some good later on. Let's see how they respond against a good Iowa team.

Definitely not a good tournament for the Irish.....Learning to play without Grant and Pat is definitely an adjustment. And ya, if Brey doesn't find more of a bench, this team is really going to struggle the entire year.

Yep...in past years I don't think the team had enough depth to play more than 7, but recruiting has picked up a bit in recent years. Rex and Torres are two guys I'd really like to see in the rotation. At least one of them that is, and make this a legit 8 man rotation. Geben can just be the emergency big.

As mentioned though, I think this team will find their stride as the season goes on. Lots of talent.

This team had a wake up call in this tournament. Refs didn't help them out today, but no excuse. Hopefully they can build on this moving forward. I didn't like the utilization of Brey's bench today.

Farrell and Ryan are all they have off the Bench. TBH, what killed them in both of their losses was FT shooting. They were absolutely horrendous vs Monmouth, they were better as a team tonight, but missed crucial FTs down the stretch.

Honestly, I'm concerned on whether or not they'll make the tournament. However, it looks like their Conference Schedule is very favorable as they only play Duke and UNC once, with UNC at home.

Farrell and Ryan are all they have off the Bench. TBH, what killed them in both of their losses was FT shooting. They were absolutely horrendous vs Monmouth, they were better as a team tonight, but missed crucial FTs down the stretch.

Honestly, I'm concerned on whether or not they'll make the tournament. However, it looks like their Conference Schedule is very favorable as they only play Duke and UNC once, with UNC at home.

Yep...FT shooting was an issue in the tourney and it definitely hurt them in both losses. The team is still growing as a unit though. I'm not gonna judge them too harshly yet. Let's see how the respond. Play a tough road game on Tuesday against Illinois.

Yep...FT shooting was an issue in the tourney and it definitely hurt them in both losses. The team is still growing as a unit though. I'm not gonna judge them too harshly yet. Let's see how the respond. Play a tough road game on Tuesday against Illinois.

I understand, but where is that depth going to come from? Pflueger? They really need one more guy off the bench that can give them some scoring.

I understand, but where is that depth going to come from? Pflueger? They really need one more guy off the bench that can give them some scoring.

Pflueger is certainly the most logical option. Torres is as well, but he's more of a high energy defensive guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Pflueger ends up like Bonzie last year, and emerges as the season goes on.