ND Basketball 2015 Season Thread

Team looked OK last night. Still couldn't defend the perimeter in the first half. Switched to zone in second half and played better after being down maybe 10. Went up double digits and then tried to give the game away anyway we could at the end...missed FT, stupid fouls, OLAY to the basket...

I like Matt Farrell. He is quick.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early in the season but a MUCH needed win. I thought Auguste showed some physicality and aggression at times, which he obviously needs. I also like Jackson's confidence. Once he realizes how to consistently take this team on his back, they could be okay!

Team looked OK last night. Still couldn't defend the perimeter in the first half. Switched to zone in second half and played better after being down maybe 10. Went up double digits and then tried to give the game away anyway we could at the end...missed FT, stupid fouls, OLAY to the basket...

I like Matt Farrell. He is quick.

Not sure where you are getting the missed FTs last night toward the end of the game. I thought that was a huge improvement from past games. Farrell got the ball and kept nailing FTs.

Good bounce back win for the team last night. On the road in a tough environment. Second half was refreshing to watch.

Vasturia is the glue guy. Jackson is the star. Beachem is mister heat stroke. And Auguste is that love/hate guy. He really makes you smile sometimes and he makes you mad a lot as well. Overall, still like the direction of the team. I also liked that Brey used Farrell in longer spurts, and included Torres at times.

I didn't see the two losses, but last night this team looked just as I expected. I don't see an Elite 8 finish at this time but Sweet 16 is a real possibility. Who knows, the way Brey develops talent it could be another great run. I see some wins over the likes of Duke and North Carolina. This is a big time program.

Not sure where you are getting the missed FTs last night toward the end of the game. I thought that was a huge improvement from past games. Farrell got the ball and kept nailing FTs.

I was falling asleep at the end of the game, but it seemed like we missed a lot of FT's under 3 minutes when they kept fouling us - August and Jackson seemed to miss. Farrell was money. We went from up double digits to where I was getting nervous.

Auguste has taken it to another level. Likes the 10-12 foot shot, that wasn't in the arsenal last year. More moves around the rim, loves to drive, finishes better than before. Beachem is the key to pick up the slack from Connaughton and Grant. He was great. Develop Ryan and Farrel and this team can make a big run. Best team I have seen this year is Oklahoma.

Auguste has taken it to another level. Likes the 10-12 foot shot, that wasn't in the arsenal last year. More moves around the rim, loves to drive, finishes better than before. Beachem is the key to pick up the slack from Connaughton and Grant. He was great. Develop Ryan and Farrel and this team can make a big run. Best team I have seen this year is Oklahoma.

Lon Kruger is a lot like Brey IMO. Doesn't prefer the high profile recruits even though he can probably land more if he wanted. Really liked him during his time at UNLV. He has a system that works and he sticks to it and recruits guys that work.

• 2 weeks later...

Free throws continue to kill us and I've never seen such a bad game as I saw today from Vasturia. Didn't see enough of the bench either, guys seemed really tired today. What a joke that is now 3 close games we threw away, we could easily be undefeated and in the top 10.

It's tough to watch since this team was so good last year but they are clearly missing Grant and Pat. We need to play very good in the ACC to make the tournament, I could see us as a bubble team but I think we may be NIT bound this year.

No shame in winning the NIT though as we have a much better shot at doing that.

Free throws continue to kill us and I've never seen such a bad game as I saw today from Vasturia. Didn't see enough of the bench either, guys seemed really tired today. What a joke that is now 3 close games we threw away, we could easily be undefeated and in the top 10.

It's tough to watch since this team was so good last year but they are clearly missing Grant and Pat. We need to play very good in the ACC to make the tournament, I could see us as a bubble team but I think we may be NIT bound this year.

You don't come to ND to win the NIT?

You don't come to ND to win the NIT?

That's our best bet for basketball haha we just don't put enough money into the bball program.

We're gonna have a year like last every 5 or so years when the couple 4 stars we get are upperclassmen. We also need a couple 3 stars to turn out for those teams and hope they're upperclassmen as well. For example last year Grant, DJ, and Auguste were 4 stars, Pat was a 3 who turned out amazing and Vasturia was a money 3 ball shooter.

Brey has done great for the talent he gets here but he doesn't and never will get elite talent here. I actually wonder how he'd do at a basketball school where he could get one and dones.

Net year we will be awful without DJ and Auguste, we just don't have the guy to reload unless Gibbs can bring in another stud and they turn out really good along with Pleuger and Ryan. The next run we get might take another 3 when the former are upperclassmen.

There is great shame in winning the NIT. Remember in Bull Durham, when Crash Davis set the all time Minor League HR record? It's like that.

Well, last year was a fluke #FireBrey

I was waiting for you to get on here after they lost. You were noticeably absent when they were dominating the game. Stop acting like a kunt.