ND Basketball 2015 Season Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mooney, will have to play IMO. Losing, ZA not sure we could out rebound solid ranked teams.

I've heard a lot of good things about Burns so I'm hoping he can help the sting of losing ZA. Mooney will have to contribute though...I agree. I'm holding out hope Geben can give them something next year as well.

I stopped watching when UNC was up big in the first half to play some Madden and then saw we had a game going with about 12 minutes left.

Auguste was huge tonight, if this team wants to make a run they need him to take over games like that (minus the free throws). I really like Pfleuger coming off the bench and Jackson was Jackson.

I really like what I'm seeing from Colson, he's kind of playing that Connaughton role. Not quite the shooter Pat was but he's great driving the lane and on the boards.

Vasturia has been playing awful this year, he was sinking everything last year but just goes cold everytime I watch. He makes bad decisions when he drives to the rim and almost never makes them, and his 3 balls are way off too.

Schedule looks tough. Are we in with 3 more wins or do we need 4? we have some impressive wins but I assume the quality of wins we get down the stretch will determine our seed.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Vasturia, but I see your point to a certain extent. The driving to the basket is fairly new to his game and I actually think he's pretty good for doing it for the first time this year really. It's getting better and better as the season goes on imo. This game wasn't his best though. I would agree there.

He did hit a big 3 in the second half though that got them rolling.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Vasturia, but I see your point to a certain extent. The driving to the basket is fairly new to his game and I actually think he's pretty good for doing it for the first time this year really. It's getting better and better as the season goes on imo. This game wasn't his best though. I would agree there.

He did hit a big 3 in the second half though that got them rolling.

Yeah I just watched the highlights... I watched the first 15 minutes of the first half and the last ten of the game. Looks like he made some shots when I stopped watching, he was just so clutch last year maybe I'm expecting him to hit them alot more than he is.

How do you see the rest of the schedule shaking up?

I see two tough home games against UL and Miami, but I think we can win these.

We have 5 OK road games, with all of them being winnable, but I am guessing we lose to GT or NcSt.

I'm going to say 5-2 to be conservative - lose 1 at home and 1 away.

Aren't they like a total of 7-3 against both of them since being in the ACC?

I'm just going to pretend last year was their first year in the ACC, and ignore the real first year when Grant got suspended.

Although they did beat Duke that first year, didn't they?

Nice win on the road winning one we're supposed to. I was on the fence about us in the tourney early on but we've done pretty good in conference play and have built a solid resume with wins over Duke, UNC, and Iowa. Now if we can beat Losuiville our resume is very good.

Imagine if we didn't blow that lead to Indiana and those other 3 super close games we blew. We could easily be talking about us as a 3-4 seed.

This team is essentially a lock after the last two wins. This might not be a popular opinion, but I think this was their best win of the year. Road game against a very good home team playing well in conference play coming off an emotional on Saturday. Huge props for the win.

And you are right ndomer. This team could have easily been looking at a great seed in the tourney and a top ten ranking right now if not for some blown games.

I said Saturday that we can't beat teams unless we shoot lights out...and I might have spoken too soon. This team has a special grit to them.

Nice win on the road winning one we're supposed to. I was on the fence about us in the tourney early on but we've done pretty good in conference play and have built a solid resume with wins over Duke, UNC, and Iowa. Now if we can beat Losuiville our resume is very good.

Imagine if we didn't blow that lead to Indiana and those other 3 super close games we blew. We could easily be talking about us as a 3-4 seed.

Let's not act like this game was a gimme. Clemson was favored to win by vegas and had already beaten Duke, Louisville and Miami at home. Clemson is a bubble team that may not make it, but beating them on the road after an emotional win 48 hours prior is still a very good win.

I think we are pretty much a lock as of now, barring a complete collapse.

This team is essentially a lock after the last two wins. This might not be a popular opinion, but I think this was their best win of the year. Road game against a very good home team playing well in conference play coming off an emotional on Saturday. Huge props for the win.

And you are right ndomer. This team could have easily been looking at a great seed in the tourney and a top ten ranking right now if not for some blown games.

I said Saturday that we can't beat teams unless we shoot lights out...and I might have spoken too soon. This team has a special grit to them.

I would say best overall game start to finish. For, the most part ND was in control, and played great basketball.

I thought a good no call. I would have been pissed if that got called on us.

I'm not sure. I think it started out as an aggressive basketball play, and ended with the Clemson guy taking his arm off the ball to finished the strike on Colson. I don't think it was dirty necessarily, but it sure fell under the "unnecessary and/or excessive" part of the flagrant 1 description they gave.

I'm not sure. I think it started out as an aggressive basketball play, and ended with the Clemson guy taking his arm off the ball to finished the strike on Colson. I don't think it was dirty necessarily, but it sure fell under the "unnecessary and/or excessive" part of the flagrant 1 description they gave.

That's pretty much what my thoughts are...at first it was nothing, but he sorta violently shoved with his hand at the end of the play. Good thing it didn't matter much come the end of the end of the game.