Who Played Football? Unique Characteristic.

well..... did he????

I only played in middle school... CB and WR... did have an interception on a corner blitz when I didnt blitz

He didn't bc I laughed. He shook his head and said I was crazy and walked away. I have a huge head. my buddy said that the kid's hand hurt for a week. My head kicked his hand's butt! :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord......was anyone not a linemen?

I am (was) pretty fast and played WR/CB and KR/PR pretty for much of my entire "football" life. I was recruited to play football at several major D1 programs (including ND) but an off the field accident during my Sr year in HS resulted in my football career coming to an end.

I also played baseball as a pitcher / outfielder but my coach treated me like the coach in Major League treated Wesley Snipes due to my speed. During my Junior year my HS coach was replaced with a guy who was a lifelong minor league player and he made me a pitcher. He always told me that if he had been my coach for my first 2 years that he would have had me drafted as a pitcher out of hishschool.....but I was terribad with control and was a 1 pitch pony.

My unique characteristic.....well since speedster stole my response.....

I am very good with math......like good will hunting good.....but I hate it and have spent my whole life trying to hide / avoid it. ....I don't even balance my checkbook

rb/corner in high school. All conference senior yr. recruited as a cornerback but ended up playing rb in college. Got hurt my junior year and called it quits.

unique characteristic.....drank a twelve pack of beer and most the bottle of whiskey one time. Slept for 2 whole days after it and was hung over for several days. I have never touched hard liquor since.

drank a twelve pack of beer and most the bottle of whiskey one time. Slept for 2 whole days after it and was hung over for several days. I have never touched hard liquor since.

Every mom and dad in the country should require their children to replicate this on their 21st birthday. Think of all the lives that could be saved.

Guest bigseanpower10

I am (was) pretty fast and played WR/CB and KR/PR pretty for much of my entire "football" life. I was recruited to play football at several major D1 programs (including ND) but an off the field accident during my Sr year in HS resulted in my football career coming to an end.

I also played baseball as a pitcher / outfielder but my coach treated me like the coach in Major League treated Wesley Snipes due to my speed. During my Junior year my HS coach was replaced with a guy who was a lifelong minor league player and he made me a pitcher. He always told me that if he had been my coach for my first 2 years that he would have had me drafted as a pitcher out of hishschool.....but I was terribad with control and was a 1 pitch pony.

My unique characteristic.....well since speedster stole my response.....

I am very good with math......like good will hunting good.....but I hate it and have spent my whole life trying to hide / avoid it. ....I don't even balance my checkbook

I was a lineman, offense and defense

I don't know about anyone else, but I grew up in South Bend. There wasn't exactly a whole slew of big guys who could be linemen, so if you were a big kid in middle school, you just naturally got stuck there. I wanted to be a RB. My senior year I was the exact same reported size as Jerome Bettis (5'10, 235 I think it was)and had the same reported 40 he had (4.5), but I had been playing line for so long (and there was no one to really replace me) that I stayed there. Sad thing was, even at that size, I was one of the bigger linemen my school had.

I don't know about anyone else, but I grew up in South Bend. There wasn't exactly a whole slew of big guys who could be linemen, so if you were a big kid in middle school, you just naturally got stuck there. I wanted to be a RB. My senior year I was the exact same reported size as Jerome Bettis (5'10, 235 I think it was)and had the same reported 40 he had (4.5), but I had been playing line for so long (and there was no one to really replace me) that I stayed there. Sad thing was, even at that size, I was one of the bigger linemen my school had.

I know how you feel man. I was a 6'1" 180 lb. TE in high school. In college I got up to 200 and had some speed so they made me a safety. I guess things were different 20+ years ago.

Guest rocketsan22
47. It was 1985 at the old Olympic stadium. Levy was the head guy at the time. I think they were the concordes and not the allouettes at the time.

Nice, yep they went back toAllouettes as of '86. The Big O was a disgusting facility although I saw two great games there. Saw Clemens pitch a winner against the Expos with no roof on the stadium the year after it collapsed.

Also had the best seat in the house for Tony Gwynn's 3,000th hit game.

Nice, yep they went back toAllouettes as of '86. The Big O was a disgusting facility although I saw two great games there. Saw Clemens pitch a winner against the Expos with no roof on the stadium the year after it collapsed.

Also had the best seat in the house for Tony Gwynn's 3,000th hit game.

it was pretty cool being there. it was an old looking and feeling stadium. especially underneath. the turf was like running on concrete. ran a pretty good 40 for them, but then reinjured my knee doing some worthless drills. And that was all she wrote.

I did go to a game at the old Montreal Forum in February of 1996, just before they went to the Molson center. that was an experience.:canada:

Guest rocketsan22
it was pretty cool being there. it was an old looking and feeling stadium. especially underneath. the turf was like running on concrete. ran a pretty good 40 for them, but then reinjured my knee doing some worthless drills. And that was all she wrote.

I did go to a game at the old Montreal Forum in February of 1996, just before they went to the Molson center. that was an experience.:canada:

Saw them hoist the cup for the last time there at the first game after the 1993 season. It was absoutely electric in there...

It's a shame as to what they did with the old barn...

http://i50.tinypic.com/i754zo.jpg

Played (if you can call it that): db, receiver, and a lot of special teams. Only played Freshman and Senior Year (ran CC as a Soph): was lucky to letter. Got to practice at ND stadium (figure out how).

Hmmmmmm. I'll save the unique characteristic thing until after I retire from teaching.

Edited by 2lakes