2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I don't know any details - just speculating like everyone else - but I would highly doubt ND is much at fault here. ND would not have wanted this to play out publicly. They don't look for reasons to not admit recruits, especially after they sign their LOIs. My best guess - Hillman had some work to do in the classroom, which he told ND he would do (whether it was raising his grades or taking a specific class, i.e., foreign language) and he didn't fulfill his end of the bargain. ND is usually pretty good about laying out to recruits what exactly is needed to gain admission, especially when that recruit/commit has work to do.

Maybe ND is partially at fault, but in a case like this where he signed on the dotted line and then ND had to tell him he wasn't getting in, my guess is Hillman didn't do what he needed to get done, which he almost certainly knew he had to do months ago when he committed.  

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, The Captain 19 said:

Hillman commits to meatchicken. Gross. 

I get that ND is true to its academic standards but somehow it does not seem right that ND which is #18 in the US News and World rankings did not accept Hillman but Michigan which is #19 let him in.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I get that ND is true to its academic standards but somehow it does not seem right that ND which is #18 in the US News and World rankings did not accept Hillman but Michigan which is #19 let him in.

ND requires Calc and foreign language for admission

And this is exactly why universities and a college as a whole is a dag on gimmick..sham...  classes should be required based on your major and what your wanting to do with your life 

Calculus shouldn't be required for someone who wants to be a nurse .. or history teacher..  or anything else that doesn't need calculus ...    GARBAGE!!     

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

What a terrible look for ND for this kid to turn around and go to Michigan. Until the school and administration are willing to change, this will continue to be the norm. Love freeman and his recruiting and who he’s going after, but holy hell can they tie his hands behind his back any more?

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

What a terrible look for ND for this kid to turn around and go to Michigan. Until the school and administration are willing to change, this will continue to be the norm. Love freeman and his recruiting and who he’s going after, but holy hell can they tie his hands behind his back any more?

Why is this such a terrible look for ND? Sure, I'm disappointed he's not ND. I'm not seeing how ND is looking bad here. We don't know for certain why he was denied admission. Or is it because he's going to Michigan?

• Cheers 1

• 3 months later...