NFL Combine

Cain Madden did not have a good day at all. It makes you question how he was able to start on the ND Oline the entire season.

Jack Coan and Drew White both had pretty good days. I could see both being drafted in the later rounds.

Kyren helped his stock with the 40 time improvement

Hamilton's day was pretty neutral, didnt do anything to hurt himself, didnt do anything to improve his perception. His film and professionalism are what will help him most.

• Heart 2

39 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Cain Madden did not have a good day at all. It makes you question how he was able to start on the ND Oline the entire season.

Jack Coan and Drew White both had pretty good days. I could see both being drafted in the later rounds.

Kyren helped his stock with the 40 time improvement

Hamilton's day was pretty neutral, didnt do anything to hurt himself, didnt do anything to improve his perception. His film and professionalism are what will help him most.

Madden was my biggest disappointment last year. I don’t see any nfl future there

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like Austin and Williams should have comeback for another year.

Austin should come off the board today but I am not sure Williams gets drafted anymore. Love his game, but backs at his size and speed do not typically translate well in the NFL. Hopefully he will be an outlier.

3 hours ago, PJacksonsDred15 said:

Looks like Austin and Williams should have comeback for another year.

Austin should come off the board today but I am not sure Williams gets drafted anymore. Love his game, but backs at his size and speed do not typically translate well in the NFL. Hopefully he will be an outlier.

What could Kyren have put on tape next season that would help his pro prospects? He'll still be short and (relatively) slow next year. He'll need to show off his game in the league before people trust him. I think he will.

I agree that Austin likely would have gotten drafted sooner if he had another successful season. However, another injury could've ruined that plan and just led to him being another year older.

• Flames 1

Austin definitely needed another year at the college level, but I agree with Tailgate, nothing Kyren could have done this year would have improved his draft stock in my opinion. Even with a better Oline, only his stats would have improved, but I do not see his stats improving so much that it would help his draft stock.

SDIrish:  "He must have gotten some bad advice. Wish more kids would hold off signing with an agent and be allowed to come back."

Yes, I think that he would have benefited from another season at ND.  If he was able to stay healthy, he'd very likely have put up some significant numbers, to go along with his impressive Combine measurables. 

The word was he has too many drops. Scared away NFL teams with limited tape. He just needed to put in the effort and become a better receiver. I think the real question was his dedication and that is the kiss of death in the NFL. 

I also feel bad for his type of body and how they used ND receivers like in under Kelly’s tenure.  They all seemed the same even though I think they could of been better then how they were used. 
Meaning- lots of go routes. Some comebacks but very few slants, crossing routes, bunch formations, outs etc.  very boring and predictable offense. McKinley, Austin, Boykin, Claypool to an extent-all looked similar and played similar in Kelly’s offense.