NFL Combine

1 hour ago, nd1989 said:

There a pay article out there just discussing Kevin Austin's combine performance vs production at ND.  Affirming coaching moves -- Balis awesome, Alexander not.

I don’t know if this was really an Alexander issue or Kelly. Either way WRs have been underperforming at ND just to go into the league and explode for over a decade now. (Explode might be a slight over exaggeration) Hopefully this ship is now righted and these dynamic playmakers ND keeps getting might actually do something while still at the university and before their Senior year.

49 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I don’t know if this was really an Alexander issue or Kelly. Either way WRs have been underperforming at ND just to go into the league and explode for over a decade now. (Explode might be a slight over exaggeration) Hopefully this ship is now righted and these dynamic playmakers ND keeps getting might actually do something while still at the university and before their Senior year.

It’s also been a QB issue. Book could t read a defense and was terrified to throw down field or any 50/50 balls. 

Coan had numerous near misses with Austin and Austin had several key drops last year that would have certainly helped his stats.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Kyren had a terrible workout. 4.72 and 4.70 in the 40. Hope his game film can get him drafted. 

Yeah, I expected 4.55-4.6ish.. but not that high. I thought he looked a lot quicker and faster last year then this. But, always assumed it was our Oline. 
last year when he outran Clemson, I thought this kid has to be 4.5… I didn’t see that this year.

some guys are game fast vs track. I think he has a lot of skills teams are looking for. But, no way he goes 2nd round like some thought. He may be lucky for 3rd round. This past years numbers don’t help him at all. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, vangordersmustache said:

Yeah, I expected 4.55-4.6ish.. but not that high. I thought he looked a lot quicker and faster last year then this. But, always assumed it was our Oline. 
last year when he outran Clemson, I thought this kid has to be 4.5… I didn’t see that this year.

some guys are game fast vs track. I think he has a lot of skills teams are looking for. But, no way he goes 2nd round like some thought. He may be lucky for 3rd round. This past years numbers don’t help him at all. 

Yeah he always reminded me of Dairus Walker and that is what Darius ran. I think his high school verified time was high too. He is very good in terms of make you miss lateral quickness and his compete level is off the charts. Wish he woulda waited for next year to have his degree to fall back on.

10 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Yeah he always reminded me of Dairus Walker and that is what Darius ran. I think his high school verified time was high too. He is very good in terms of make you miss lateral quickness and his compete level is off the charts. Wish he woulda waited for next year to have his degree to fall back on.

His time was adjusted to 4.65. Thought he’d be faster than that. Speed isn’t his game. Cutting and elusiveness, balance and hard to tackle. That should be enough. Oh and pass blocking.

6 hours ago, golson5 said:

4.65 official 40

I’m not sure anyone thought he’d run a blazing forty time, if there is any knock on him it’s his top end speed. 

That is bad though. Anything over 4.5 for a back isn’t good unless your bigger and a power back. I think he would have been better off skipping the 40 if he knew he was going to run a time like that.