Caleb Williams - NIL

Caleb Williams is transferring out.

These NIL rumors are insane.

I could think of a handful of transfers from back in the day who are worth $2million, but what the heck is goin on.

I’m just an old man who’s out of touch at this point.

110F93C8-470B-42E8-A877-595852F19CB1.gif

2 minutes ago, cali_domer said:

Unfortunately ND lacks mega wealthy alums (billionaires, am I wrong about that?). So this game will not benefit us. We have a bunch of people Worth millions.

The game is getting fried.

You are wrong about that. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

Another side affect of NIL. Why not do this every year and get a bigger contract... This is pitiful. "Students get their fair share," no, they are taking advantage of it and going extremes and get multi-million dollar contracts. This is going to get more and more ridiculous each and every year. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, cali_domer said:

Unfortunately ND lacks mega wealthy alums (billionaires, am I wrong about that?). So this game will not benefit us. We have a bunch of people Worth millions.

The game is getting fried.

They definitely have mega wealthy alums. I don't know about exclusively billionaires but top 20 in individual alumni net worth. I am not going to research it but they do have a few billionaires also. 

Edited by ndfanatic78

I'm sure this will open all kinds of cans of worms but, ultimately, I think the players deserve a cut of the pie. It all crystalized for me when OSU's Compliance Manager got exposed in Pryor-gate. Homeboy was pulling in high-6/low-7 figures and got the axe for not doing his job (i.e., training the program to never put incriminating information in writing). If someone like that is pulling in that kind of scratch, there is money to go around and why not give it to the people that are actually making the product?

15 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

They definitely have mega wealthy alums. I don't know about exclusively billionaires but top 20 in individual alumni net worth. I am not going to research it but they do have a few billionaires also. 

Here are some different ranking of schools with wealthy alumni. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_by_number_of_billionaire_alumni

ND is not at the top but is Top 6 of FBS football schools on at least one list.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Here are some different ranking of schools with wealthy alumni. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_by_number_of_billionaire_alumni

ND is not at the top but is Top 6 of FBS football schools on at least one list.

From that link: Global top 20 universities by number of ultra high net worth alumni (>$30 million) per Wealth-X 2019

Screenshot_20220104-101414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81ea4220ec8283388af377004286f640.jpg

3 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

The rich shall get richer while all of the mid tier and low tier schools will lose all of their top players each year. lol

Didn't the number 1 recruit just go to a HBCU due to NIL. That was unheard of before NIL. It can open the doors for kids to see opportunities at little schools also. The truth is we truly don't know how this will all play out. There are many different variables at play.

This is all about money now, nothing to do with education. You need some type of regulating body for this NIL crap. Leaving a top 10 program where you’re the starter is just a bad look IMO. 

Alabama, Georgia, OSU and A&M will be ruining the sport even further as they hoard all the talent. They are no longer student athletes, heck look at some of the majors and classes at football factories… it’s pathetic. 

Maybe BK saw the writing on the wall. Either way, the gap between ND and the rest will continue to widen. Adapt to the new landscape or get left in the dust. 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Didn't the number 1 recruit just go to a HBCU due to NIL. That was unheard of before NIL. It can open the doors for kids to see opportunities at little schools also. The truth is we truly don't know how this will all play out. There are many different variables at play.

Got a bag and A chance to be taught by one of the best to play the position and a decent head coach where he’ll get personal attention as opposed to signing with Bama and being the 7th cornerback getting the freshman treatment..

My prediction is he’ll transfer to a power 5 school to get reps against the best after he gets a year or two under him and shoot his shot for the nfl.