2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

10 hours ago, Pregame said:

Now that we have our RB Coach, let's see if his son is interested in tagging along....

https://247sports.com/Player/Dasan-McCullough-46059433/

Seems that Dasan is not allowed to transfer until after the 2022 season. Of course, he can always petition NCAA since his father will be living four hours away compared to ten minutes. I believe Amir Carisle was given an exception when his father became S&C Coach at Purdue after having a West Coast job (perhaps 49ers?)

10 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Seems that Dasan is not allowed to transfer until after the 2022 season. Of course, he can always petition NCAA since his father will be living four hours away compared to ten minutes. I believe Amir Carisle was given an exception when his father became S&C Coach at Purdue after having a West Coast job (perhaps 49ers?)

I believe you can after your first semester. I believe we have lost some freshman early enrollees after the spring semester before. 

1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

I believe you can after your first semester. I believe we have lost some freshman early enrollees after the spring semester before. 

And, on the flip side, Jordan Prestwood (OT recruit in 2011) enrolled early at Florida State then transferred to ND in the summer. I wonder if his son could do that here. I know all three sons (there is an older brother and a 2023 recruit) want to play at the same school for their dad.

54 minutes ago, Pregame said:

image.thumb.png.d3d9c362051d0ebe85a5c3c16206bf79.png
throws a bit of ice water on him coming to ND…for now. If the roles were reversed, we’d all be freaking out about losing him until he played his last down here. I still think there’s a strong possibility he winds up at ND. 

I didn't think any of them were coming. I think they will stay at IU and all play together. Maybe they do but the only reason I truly want them at ND is for them to be with their dad, but they are in college and very few spend their college years with their parents any way. 

1 minute ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I didn't think any of them were coming. I think they will stay at IU and all play together. Maybe they do but the only reason I truly want them at ND is for them to be with their dad, but they are in college and very few spend their college years with their parents any way. 

Forget that, the only reason I want Dasan and Daeh at ND is because they’re top 100 and top 150 caliber talents!

• Leprechaun 1

Dasan cannot instantly transfer to ND without sitting out or getting a waiver. He actually needs to go to school at IU then transfer next year to not sit out I believe. OR be released from his NLI by IU and sign elsewhere. His dad might have told him to honor his commitment, who knows right now.

QB Steve Angeli: 6-2 3/8, 210#
RB Jadarian Price: 5-10, 190#
OL Billy Schrauth: 6-4, 272#
OL Joey Tanona: 6-5, 284#
DL Tyson Ford: 6-4, 269#
DL Aiden Gobaira: 6-5, 230#
LB Joshua Burnham: 6-4, 214#
LB Jaylen Sneed: 6-1, 1/8, 198#
LB NiuafeTuihalamaka: 6-2, 229#
LB Nolan Ziegler: 6-3, 205#
CB Jayden Bellamy: 5-11, 170#
CB Jaden Mickey: 5-11 1/2, 176#
S Brandon Joseph: 6-1, 192#
K Blake Grupe: 5-7, 3/8, 150#

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

47 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

QB Steve Angeli: 6-2 3/8, 210#
RB Jadarian Price: 5-10, 190#
OL Billy Schrauth: 6-4, 272#
OL Joey Tanona: 6-5, 284#
DL Tyson Ford: 6-4, 269#
DL Aiden Gobaira: 6-5, 230#
LB Joshua Burnham: 6-4, 214#
LB Jaylen Sneed: 6-1, 1/8, 198#
LB NiuafeTuihalamaka: 6-2, 229#
LB Nolan Ziegler: 6-3, 205#
CB Jayden Bellamy: 5-11, 170#
CB Jaden Mickey: 5-11 1/2, 176#
S Brandon Joseph: 6-1, 192#
K Blake Grupe: 5-7, 3/8, 150#

I'm psyched about the LB's but none of them appear to have game ready builds at this point. There is no way Sneed can play LB at 198. He needs at least 20 more pounds or he is going to get trucked by any decent sized RB. I would say he needs another 30 pounds. I guess we will see what Balis can do. Niuafe is the only one close and I would say he needs another 10 - 15 as I am guessing he is going to be taking on lineman and plugging holes. Still psyched for the future but they all need time in the weight room.

I really like Angeli, Price, and Ford's size. If Angeli can increase his arm strength he has the body and accuracy to be special no matter what others say. 

1 hour ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I'm psyched about the LB's but none of them appear to have game ready builds at this point. There is no way Sneed can play LB at 198. He needs at least 20 more pounds or he is going to get trucked by any decent sized RB. I would say he needs another 30 pounds. I guess we will see what Balis can do. Niuafe is the only one close and I would say he needs another 10 - 15 as I am guessing he is going to be taking on lineman and plugging holes. Still psyched for the future but they all need time in the weight room.

I really like Angeli, Price, and Ford's size. If Angeli can increase his arm strength he has the body and accuracy to be special no matter what others say. 

This whole group is on campus now. Adding ~10# to anyone them should not be overly hard. Agreed Sneed needs ~20# but Freeman was great at rotating LBs this year for the right fit. Sneed in passing downs would still be solid around 210#.

This past year Liufau 229#, Kiser 222#, Bertrand 230#, Kollie 222#, Bauer 233#, Pryor 217#, Moala 222#, Simon 233#, White 228#

I'm surprised by Burnham, thought he'd be 230 based on the pics I saw of him. 

Will be interesting to compare these numbers to camp numbers come August. 10-20 lbs of "good weight" in 7 months isn't out of the question. 

And I know he's just a kicker, but can you imagine being on a DI football field only weighing 150 lbs? Yikes.