2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

19 hours ago, tneun89 said:

I'd expect a few transfers come May - once school is out. Probably some undergrad and grad. Remember, Nick McCloud was a grad transfer from NC State who didn't commit to ND until May after he graduated. ND was recruiting a Tulsa CB transfer last summer - I think he made his decision around June. 

There will likely be a few transfers out of ND after spring practice once they see where they stand on the depth chart as well.

Transfers will definitely be coming and going. I'd expect at least 2 - 3 coming in and maybe even 5 going out come the end of Spring practice

Edited by ndfanatic78

16 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Well, I think it is that time. I don't see ND adding any other HS players this year. I'll give my thoughts on the 2022 class and hope others do too. 

QB

Angeli shows solid poise, a high football IQ, and good anticipation on his throws. Solid arm, potential to grow, and a year with Balis could add to his arm strength. That said, who is he? Mac Jones, Sean Clifford, a random backup QB. ND needs to aim higher initially at the least like they have in 2023. He really is a wait and see. 

RB 

Price is one of, if not my favorite, player in this class. I love that way he runs. Great build, burst, and work ethic. When he adds a little weight I think he has the mentality that he could challenge for time in 2022. Potential star in my opinion.

WR 

Merriweather is great and I think will be very. very good. I think he brings a really unique body type and the right attitude. He weighs more than I thought and will likely play early, which will be needed too as of now. ND failed in needing at least 2 more WR. Hopefully they can find one or two in the portal then win some battles in 2023.  

TE 

LOVE these TEs. Provided he heals properly, I think Raridon could be a longer, faster Michael Mayer. He isn't as physically developed at the same age, but he has the athleticism, mean attitude on D, and mobility. Staes is longer and leaner than I expected. Moves really well, appears to high point and catch the ball really well. Great combo moving forward.

OL 

Five All-Americans is a huge win for ND especially when adding to the 2021 class. It could result in a really good player transferring because of how many great OL ND is stocking and that is not a bad thing. Wagner needs to add a ton of weight but is VERY strong. He looks like a future OT for sure. Wagner or Tanona are probably more likely to see PT first because of their size and strength. Chan and Craig will need time to adjust to the bigger game but both have great tools to work with and can sit for a year or two easily.

DL

Ford impressed me a ton. My thoughts on him went WAY up during the All-American practices and game. More mobile and fluid than I thought, really nice pick up. Gobaira looks like he's getting electrocuted at the LOS every time he lines up. His speed is fantastic and his weight was higher than he looks (230#). Would not shock me to see get PT early. Hinish is a guy all teams need. If he is like his brother that is a great addition, he won't be outworked. Overall, solid DL class but needed one more guy for me to love it.

LB

Fantastic class and definitely one of the best in the nation. Addressed all 3 positions and all have slightly different body types. Sneed is JOK, Junior seems like a bigger, better Drew White. I'm not sure ND has had a Burnham or Ziegler recently.

CB

Solid class but needed a Devin Moore type to be very good to great. Mickey has a nasty attitude and attacks. Love his speed and what appears to be a strong mental attitude. Morrison has the pedigree and length to be great. He is probably my D guy that I am most intrigued by as he could turn into something special.

Safety was a fail in my eyes. Bellamy has that nasty, attacking attitude which is needed similar to what was said about Jojo Johnson last year. But he is small and to be effective will need to have strong technique while keeping his speed. ND adding Brandon Joseph was HUGE. 

ST

This might have been a fantastic late addition. He was booming kicks at the All-American game both on punts and kick offs. I get the hype as a potential NFL kicker. If he is consistent then ND has something.

Overall, NDs class was very good especially considering when and how BK left. They improved the overall player quality again. There is another step up they can take and are close. ND finished second for several players that would take this class to elite (RB, WR, S). They need to start to close on some of those players at least. Elder is right in that ND needs a top level QB, all would agree I think. I do not believe the QB issue in 2022 was on Rees, BK was a legitimate issue for the QB in this class. If people want to discuss this further in depth take it to a different thread. ND has added coaches that really recruit hard and they need to strike. 

wonderful job as always @Big23Head!

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Well, I think it is that time. I don't see ND adding any other HS players this year. I'll give my thoughts on the 2022 class and hope others do too. 

QB

Angeli shows solid poise, a high football IQ, and good anticipation on his throws. Solid arm, potential to grow, and a year with Balis could add to his arm strength. That said, who is he? Mac Jones, Sean Clifford, a random backup QB. ND needs to aim higher initially at the least like they have in 2023. He really is a wait and see. 

RB 

Price is one of, if not my favorite, player in this class. I love that way he runs. Great build, burst, and work ethic. When he adds a little weight I think he has the mentality that he could challenge for time in 2022. Potential star in my opinion.

WR 

Merriweather is great and I think will be very. very good. I think he brings a really unique body type and the right attitude. He weighs more than I thought and will likely play early, which will be needed too as of now. ND failed in needing at least 2 more WR. Hopefully they can find one or two in the portal then win some battles in 2023.  

TE 

LOVE these TEs. Provided he heals properly, I think Raridon could be a longer, faster Michael Mayer. He isn't as physically developed at the same age, but he has the athleticism, mean attitude on D, and mobility. Staes is longer and leaner than I expected. Moves really well, appears to high point and catch the ball really well. Great combo moving forward.

OL 

Five All-Americans is a huge win for ND especially when adding to the 2021 class. It could result in a really good player transferring because of how many great OL ND is stocking and that is not a bad thing. Wagner needs to add a ton of weight but is VERY strong. He looks like a future OT for sure. Schrauth or Tanona are probably more likely to see PT first because of their size and strength. Chan and Craig will need time to adjust to the bigger game but both have great tools to work with and can sit for a year or two easily.

DL

Ford impressed me a ton. My thoughts on him went WAY up during the All-American practices and game. More mobile and fluid than I thought, really nice pick up. Gobaira looks like he's getting electrocuted at the LOS every time he lines up. His speed is fantastic and his weight was higher than he looks (230#). Would not shock me to see get PT early. Hinish is a guy all teams need. If he is like his brother that is a great addition, he won't be outworked. Overall, solid DL class but needed one more guy for me to love it.

LB

Fantastic class and definitely one of the best in the nation. Addressed all 3 positions and all have slightly different body types. Sneed is JOK, Junior seems like a bigger, better Drew White. I'm not sure ND has had a Burnham or Ziegler recently.

CB

Solid class but needed a Devin Moore type to be very good to great. Mickey has a nasty attitude and attacks. Love his speed and what appears to be a strong mental attitude. Morrison has the pedigree and length to be great. He is probably my D guy that I am most intrigued by as he could turn into something special.

Safety was a fail in my eyes. Bellamy has that nasty, attacking attitude which is needed similar to what was said about Jojo Johnson last year. But he is small and to be effective will need to have strong technique while keeping his speed. ND adding Brandon Joseph was HUGE. 

ST

This might have been a fantastic late addition. He was booming kicks at the All-American game both on punts and kick offs. I get the hype as a potential NFL kicker. If he is consistent then ND has something.

Overall, NDs class was very good especially considering when and how BK left. They improved the overall player quality again. There is another step up they can take and are close. ND finished second for several players that would take this class to elite (RB, WR, S). They need to start to close on some of those players at least. Elder is right in that ND needs a top level QB, all would agree I think. I do not believe the QB issue in 2022 was on Rees, BK was a legitimate issue for the QB in this class. If people want to discuss this further in depth take it to a different thread. ND has added coaches that really recruit hard and they need to strike. 

Always appreciate your insight and great write up. I am still hoping Angeli shocks the world and becomes the shocking come from no where All-American we need. I love the under dog with a chip on his shoulder. Also besides the obvious holes, that we all have discussed ad nauseam, I think ND has lacked getting that truly dominant Nose Tackle that just makes it next to impossible to run up the gut or get that short yardage for a few years now. I would really like to see them make that a priority. If we had someone up the middle that demanded double teams our ends would be next world.

44 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Always appreciate your insight and great write up. I am still hoping Angeli shocks the world and becomes the shocking come from no where All-American we need. I love the under dog with a chip on his shoulder. Also besides the obvious holes, that we all have discussed ad nauseam, I think ND has lacked getting that truly dominant Nose Tackle that just makes it next to impossible to run up the gut or get that short yardage for a few years now. I would really like to see them make that a priority. If we had someone up the middle that demanded double teams our ends would be next world.

Agree on the interior DL guy. Jordan Davis, Bear Alexander, Ty Shaw type would be a welcome addition. 

11 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

Yes Rino committed it’s true from Uniondale NY. I guess he really impressed people at the Polynesian Bowl

Notre Dame received a verbal commitment from 2022 five-star LS Rino Monteforte, previously committed to Buffalo.

Monteforte (5'9"/215) is technically a two-star recruit, but special teams positions often have their own rankings and Monteforte is no different. He's a five-star (out of six) long snapper according to Rubio Long Snapping, one of the authorities on the position. 247 has him ranked as the third overall long snapper in the class. He was committed to Buffalo for most of his cycle, but once Notre Dame came a-knocking it was an easy switch.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Looks like Tre Reader, 2022 preferred walk-on LB and friend of 2023 recruit  Keon Keeley committed today.

https://twitter.com/TreReader_5/status/1488317855338795008?cxt=HHwWgMC4hYfNyKcpAAAA

http://https://irishsportsdaily.com/football-recruiting

We really like this. Not only is a good anchor for Keeley, it's also good timing given Keeley just got back from Alabama. While he's not in the barn yet, I'm sure talked to Reader re: his trip to Bama.

57 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Notre Dame received a verbal commitment from 2022 five-star LS Rino Monteforte, previously committed to Buffalo.

Monteforte (5'9"/215) is technically a two-star recruit, but special teams positions often have their own rankings and Monteforte is no different. He's a five-star (out of six) long snapper according to Rubio Long Snapping, one of the authorities on the position. 247 has him ranked as the third overall long snapper in the class. He was committed to Buffalo for most of his cycle, but once Notre Dame came a-knocking it was an easy switch.

Is Rino a walk-on or is he on scholarship?