2022 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

14 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Because it’s nearly impossible to transfer to Notre Dame as a soph . So many classes most colleges don’t make kids take 

Yes. As point of reference they had a total of 170 transfer students enroll in 2020. I do not have the breakdown but most probably transferred in as Sophomores. Most that transfer in as Juniors transfer into the School of Arts and Parties. It is VERY difficult to transfer into any of the schools after your sophomore year …. I know first hand.

4 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

not for 4 years. If you just need bodies, go to the transfer portal.

no idea how good the kid is though.  I am just speaking in general.

Or the team brings in bodies as frosh and if they pan out great but if not encourage them to transfer.  Not a fan of this tactic personally but an option to address numbers without having to rely on the portal. 

10 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

not for 4 years. If you just need bodies, go to the transfer portal.

no idea how good the kid is though.  I am just speaking in general.

I hear ya but it goes both ways. Since kids are free to basically come and go as they please, it’s worth taking a shot. How many kids stick for 4 or 5 years compared to say 10 years ago?

my issue with the portal is how many players that are good enough to start right away are there? Generally they are in the portal bc of playing time.

33 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

It’s odd but maybe it’s protection against someone transferring after spring or they are anticipating a position change to slot for Tyree. Just speculating of course. 

C'Bo is probably leaving. Tyree will be the starting RB next year more than likely.

The guy is only a 3*, he shouldnt be expecting a massive payday... 🙄

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Curious to hear your opinion on Caleb Douglas, big. He looks a little bit like a late bloomer. Was he committed to usc awhilr back?

No opinion right now. Appears to have size and speed. Needs weight. Need to watch more on him.