Vegas Shooting

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prayers are with everyone who was affected by this, very sad! Glad your alright and did not attend LV.

What are your guys thoughts on the gun laws? Just recent memory i can think of massacres at a movie theater, elementary/nursery schools, universities, festivals, etc... I know people will get the guns no matter what but the problem is it's too easy for anyone to get them. The amount of people killed by guns in the US is insane, the countries with strict gun laws have none of this stuff or anything that comes close.

The problem is this guy was normal and could have suddenly gone mad and decided he had to kill everyone. We had a guy here Vince Li who suddenly went mad on a greyhound bus and beheaded a guy. If guns were more prevalent it's possible he could have shot and killed everyone on the bus but it's damn hard to get one.

Somethings got to give sooner or later with all these mass shootings and it's sickening what some people do. I get it's in your amendment and all but at some point a few bad apples ruined it.

Hey Everyone,

I am okay. I was supposed to be at the festival this weekend, but I decided last second to not go. I had several friends and former co-workers in attendance. I don't know yet if all are okay. Please send your thoughts and prayers!

I'm glad you're okay LVI, prayers to your friends and former co-workers, I hope they escaped relatively unscathed except for mental scars.

I read that this coward offed himself before law enforcement could get to him, he knew exactly what he was doing.

#Prayers to all of Las Vegas

My prayers are with everyone who was affected by this, very sad! Glad your alright and did not attend LV.

What are your guys thoughts on the gun laws? Just recent memory i can think of massacres at a movie theater, elementary/nursery schools, universities, festivals, etc... I know people will get the guns no matter what but the problem is it's too easy for anyone to get them. The amount of people killed by guns in the US is insane, the countries with strict gun laws have none of this stuff or anything that comes close.

The problem is this guy was normal and could have suddenly gone mad and decided he had to kill everyone. We had a guy here Vince Li who suddenly went mad on a greyhound bus and beheaded a guy. If guns were more prevalent it's possible he could have shot and killed everyone on the bus but it's damn hard to get one.

Somethings got to give sooner or later with all these mass shootings and it's sickening what some people do. I get it's in your amendment and all but at some point a few bad apples ruined it.

This is a tough one. I am pretty against government stepping on the rights of private citizens, but obviously there is a trend here, guns should be harder to get for the wrong people. But then who is to say who the right person is?

Sucks bad, thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families. Guy shooting from the 32 floor, just not much you can do about that kind of wholesale craziness.

Hey Everyone,

I am okay. I was supposed to be at the festival this weekend, but I decided last second to not go. I had several friends and former co-workers in attendance. I don't know yet if all are okay. Please send your thoughts and prayers!

Glad you are okay. Thanks for letting us know

Horrible event. Words cannot sum up what happened. Glad you are ok LVI.

I got up this morning and checked the news feed and saw this. Like probably 90% or better of people, I thought foreign terror attack. Then I saw it was a white guy, then thought **** was it some racist, sovereign POS shooting up hip hop/rap concert. Then I saw it was a country concert and said WTF?! So far the preliminaries aren't showing much of this guy being on the radar for radical behavior or criminal conduct. Falling Down(Michael Douglas flick) type of snapping? Doesn't explain the signals of premeditation. I guess we'll find out as the days pass.

I know people have varying opinions regarding gun control. Mine haven't changed regarding current laws regulating firearms. Whatever drove this POS do this, I feel he may have done something with or without firearms. Consider an outdoor event this size and how easy it would be to ram a large truck through the congested crowds. Myself and many others talked about this method years ago, some probably considered it long before that. Obviously this has become a popular tactic in Europe in recent years with radicals, an area with extreme gun control. What I'm saying is regardless the method for destruction these evil madmen choose to utilize, the method/tool is not the problem, it lies with the individual. Unfortunately you can't account for all of them, no matter how hard LE, the military, Feds, etc try. Some get through.

Be aware of what's going on around you, have plans to evacuate, etc. This type of preparedness doesn't even have to be for this type of attack, it'll help in all sorts of situations.

Horrible event. Words cannot sum up what happened. Glad you are ok LVI.

I got up this morning and checked the news feed and saw this. Like probably 90% or better of people, I thought foreign terror attack. Then I saw it was a white guy, then thought **** was it some racist, sovereign POS shooting up hip hop/rap concert. Then I saw it was a country concert and said WTF?! So far the preliminaries aren't showing much of this guy being on the radar for radical behavior or criminal conduct. Falling Down(Michael Douglas flick) type of snapping? Doesn't explain the signals of premeditation. I guess we'll find out as the days pass.

I know people have varying opinions regarding gun control. Mine haven't changed regarding current laws regulating firearms. Whatever drove this POS do this, I feel he may have done something with or without firearms. Consider an outdoor event this size and how easy it would be to ram a large truck through the congested crowds. Myself and many others talked about this method years ago, some probably considered it long before that. Obviously this has become a popular tactic in Europe in recent years with radicals, an area with extreme gun control. What I'm saying is regardless the method for destruction these evil madmen choose to utilize, the method/tool is not the problem, it lies with the individual. Unfortunately you can't account for all of them, no matter how hard LE, the military, Feds, etc try. Some get through.

Be aware of what's going on around you, have plans to evacuate, etc. This type of preparedness doesn't even have to be for this type of attack, it'll help in all sorts of situations.

I hear what your saying and every man has a opinion but I feel like your trying to justify the gun laws. Let's face it he killed 50 some odd people and injured over 500!!! It's to easy to get them and trust me it's only going to get worse.

I wish everyone could just get along and be peaceful! There's a crazy guy in North Korea who thinks he needs to fire nuclear bombs and Isis with their bs. It's sickening.

A buddy of mine brought up a mass shooting in Australia way back and they changed the gun laws and haven't had one since. The stats are alarming for the USA, just think about it.

I hear what your saying and every man has a opinion but I feel like your trying to justify the gun laws. Let's face it he killed 50 some odd people and injured over 500!!! It's to easy to get them and trust me it's only going to get worse.

I wish everyone could just get along and be peaceful! There's a crazy guy in North Korea who thinks he needs to fire nuclear bombs and Isis with their bs. It's sickening.

A buddy of mine brought up a mass shooting in Australia way back and they changed the gun laws and haven't had one since. The stats are alarming for the USA, just think about it.

Well, yes I am justifying the gun laws. They are laws, because they regulate and restrict everything about guns. There are volumes of laws at the local, state, and federal level everywhere. The laws dictate who can and cannot own firearms, places they can be used or carried, types of firearms people can own, magazine capacity, ammunition, and so forth.

Unfortunately MOST of the public is unaware of the huge amount of laws regulating firearms, and are also unfamiliar with actual statistics concerning gun deaths. Instead they get false or edited information from an extremely biased and politically agenda driven media. Context and all the facts matter a lot.

Passing reactionary, feel good legislation absent of fact doesn't resolve the problem. Would the new law/restriction have prevented one or any of the events from happening if it was in place at the time it occurred? In cases of laws like the assault weapon ban and the Brady Bill, there was little to no evidence that the laws did anything to curb gun violence while they were enforced.

Regarding other civilized nations and gun law, again context matters both legally and historically. America is definitely unique from all other nations, especially in respect to gun ownership and how the right to own firearms was so intricately woven into our rights as citizens. Again a legal and personal rights view I firmly uphold for a wide variety of reasons.

Well, yes I am justifying the gun laws. They are laws, because they regulate and restrict everything about guns. There are volumes of laws at the local, state, and federal level everywhere. The laws dictate who can and cannot own firearms, places they can be used or carried, types of firearms people can own, magazine capacity, ammunition, and so forth.

Unfortunately MOST of the public is unaware of the huge amount of laws regulating firearms, and are also unfamiliar with actual statistics concerning gun deaths. Instead they get false or edited information from an extremely biased and politically agenda driven media. Context and all the facts matter a lot.

Passing reactionary, feel good legislation absent of fact doesn't resolve the problem. Would the new law/restriction have prevented one or any of the events from happening if it was in place at the time it occurred? In cases of laws like the assault weapon ban and the Brady Bill, there was little to no evidence that the laws did anything to curb gun violence while they were enforced.

Regarding other civilized nations and gun law, again context matters both legally and historically. America is definitely unique from all other nations, especially in respect to gun ownership and how the right to own firearms was so intricately woven into our rights as citizens. Again a legal and personal rights view I firmly uphold for a wide variety of reasons.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn....rnd/index.html

I can't see any way this is justifiable, especially when you look at the Vegas shooting. Guns and bars/alcohol? come on. Mass ammunition and assault weapons.. Those laws are incomprehensible.

I can't see any way this is justifiable, especially when you look at the Vegas shooting. Guns and bars/alcohol? come on. Mass ammunition and assault weapons.. Those laws are incomprehensible.

Guns should not be in the hands of anyone that is or will be drinking. I don't have an issue with the amount of ammunition one has. Who decides whether I shoot 500 rounds during a trip to the range or 20? It's cheaper in bulk, so I go that route.

This guy had a fully automatic rifle that is incredibly difficult to get and very expensive to purchase if you are willing to jump through the hoops to get one. A quick glance at what's out there shows that a full auto M-16 will set you back over $18,000. NFA turn-around times for SBR's and suppressors has been hovering around 9 - 12 months from the date of purchase until the date you receive your stamp to pick up your gun/suppressor.

'Assault' weapons are just 'cool' looking rifles. The 5.56 round is not the end-all, be-all of fighting rounds. It is small and quick, and until recently failed to produce the necessary damage to incapacitate the enemy even after being hit with multiple rounds. The ammo available in bulk at a decent price is the M855 or M193 rounds that are being replaced by our military because they are not as effective as they need to be on the battlefield.

My old rifle was 32" with the stock collapsed and a 16" barrel, including the flash hider. You cannot purchase a shorter barrel legally without the 9 - 12 month wait, which includes an FBI background check. It's not something that I could sneak around with. It wasn't the lightest thing in the world, either. People see all of this unrealistic crap on TV and in the movies and take it as gospel. Before anyone argues about gun laws, take a trip out to a gun shop, go to the range, read unbiased info and just educate yourself. My guns have never harmed a soul and I hope that they never do.

Guns should not be in the hands of anyone that is or will be drinking. I don't have an issue with the amount of ammunition one has. Who decides whether I shoot 500 rounds during a trip to the range or 20? It's cheaper in bulk, so I go that route.

This guy had a fully automatic rifle that is incredibly difficult to get and very expensive to purchase if you are willing to jump through the hoops to get one. A quick glance at what's out there shows that a full auto M-16 will set you back over $18,000. NFA turn-around times for SBR's and suppressors has been hovering around 9 - 12 months from the date of purchase until the date you receive your stamp to pick up your gun/suppressor.

'Assault' weapons are just 'cool' looking rifles. The 5.56 round is not the end-all, be-all of fighting rounds. It is small and quick, and until recently failed to produce the necessary damage to incapacitate the enemy even after being hit with multiple rounds. The ammo available in bulk at a decent price is the M855 or M193 rounds that are being replaced by our military because they are not as effective as they need to be on the battlefield.

My old rifle was 32" with the stock collapsed and a 16" barrel, including the flash hider. You cannot purchase a shorter barrel legally without the 9 - 12 month wait, which includes an FBI background check. It's not something that I could sneak around with. It wasn't the lightest thing in the world, either. People see all of this unrealistic crap on TV and in the movies and take it as gospel. Before anyone argues about gun laws, take a trip out to a gun shop, go to the range, read unbiased info and just educate yourself. My guns have never harmed a soul and I hope that they never do.

I'm sure you'll never harm anyone with your guns and many others won't either but a few bad apples should have ruined it for everyone unfortunately.

We all know this same thing is going to happen again and again.I mean if a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds getting killed for no reason wasn't enough to change the laws they never will. Of the top 10 mass shootings in US history, 6 have come within the last 10 years.

It just pains me to keep reading these types of stories, so many innocent people as well. No other countries have this type of gun violence, I just wish the government would wake up and smell the coffee already.

I just hope noone here or loved ones have been affected or will be affected by the next massacre that occurs.

Now the guns at bars or while intoxicated we agree with. Iowa has similar laws at least from this little snippet. We can report an individual who is carrying to the sheriff to have their CCW permit revoked. Not totally sure of Nevada's specifics in their laws. But it's their state, their laws.

I'm personally not a fan of some high capacity mags, like a 100 round style, but that's my personal preference due to functionality and tendencies to jam. When an object is used as an instrument to assail someone...doesn't that make it an assault weapon? Really dislike the loosy goosey terms used like assault weapons and military type weapons. What's that mean?

I wouldn't trust CNN's edited snippet about Nevada's gun laws. I'm certain there's a lot more language in the laws than their wham bam abbreviated version that may clarify some things. Even if there isn't many Americans may feel those laws are sensible.

I'm sure you'll never harm anyone with your guns and many others won't either but a few bad apples should have ruined it for everyone unfortunately.

We all know this same thing is going to happen again and again.I mean if a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds getting killed for no reason wasn't enough to change the laws they never will. Of the top 10 mass shootings in US history, 6 have come within the last 10 years.

It just pains me to keep reading these types of stories, so many innocent people as well. No other countries have this type of gun violence, I just wish the government would wake up and smell the coffee already.

I just hope noone here or loved ones have been affected or will be affected by the next massacre that occurs.

But isn't that just standing on the graves of the dead? Isn't it presuming that people who feel the vast gun laws already on the books are ample enough are uncaring when these attacks occur? I don't know a single person out there who doesn't believe this was terrible...well except that retard news analyst who said they deserved it because they were country fans and therefore conservatives.

Here's were context matters in the historical sense. Mass shootings account for a very small percentage of overall gun deaths annually. So by saying that six of the top ten mass shooting occurred in the past decade, its a bit of a shell game when other data like overall guns deaths from violent crime has been steadily decreasing for a couple decades now. Why is that important? While events like this are absolutely horrible to be sure, the body count and frequency of them don't fit so neatly into the framework that gun violence and deaths are worse than ever.

It shouldn't matter the volume of death at one particular incident. One person killing another, regardless of mechanism, is horrific. No one advocates for any of this to happen, and many choose to arm themselves to prevent from becoming a victim. Your last sentence speaks volumes about your mindset. Your chances of being killed by mass shooter is extremely remote. You're much more likely to be the individual victim of a crime with any type of weapon than something remotely like this.

I can't see why anybody needs a semi-automatic weapon for self defence but each to their own. People like shooting at the range I guess but there must a be certain level of self reflection on why this only happens in America.

I can't see why anybody needs a semi-automatic weapon for self defence but each to their own. People like shooting at the range I guess but there must a be certain level of self reflection on why this only happens in America.

Yeah exactly no one needs it, and while you may say gun deaths are dropping that is not saying much. The stats are staggering and the gun deaths are still at an absolutely ridiculous amount.

We don't have gun violence in Canada because it's so hard to obtain a firearm. Most of the deaths we have are from stabbings and you don't get these massacres. Knives were made as utensils and sometimes people use them for things they shouldn't, guns were made to kill people and that's what they do.

If people want to shoot targets then go take up archery, that's what people do here and it seems to be enough for them. Guns are for people in the military and police officers, a priveledge for them and something regular citizens have no business owning. Again one mans opinion, many share it and many don't.

It's clearly a societal issue, not a gun issue.

We kill 1,000,000 babies a year. We allow Dr. assisted suicide. We execute prisoners. Our family structure has broken down. So in much of our society, causing the death of another human is "acceptable", then we get outraged when it creeps into areas we think it shouldn't be. Further, we see hundreds of tweets and posts by people suggesting the victims deserved it, since they like Trump or are conservatives. Really? We are a sick nation and it has nothing to do with guns.

There are a lot of guns in rural Appalachia and I don't hear about thousands of murders in those areas. But when it happens in the inner city, it's all because there are too many guns. Couldn't have anything to do with the majority of those kids being raised in broken families, with no parental influence and learning life from street gangs, could it?

People want guns banned. Would they feel better if he had blown himself up or driven a truck into the crowd instead? That still happens in places with no guns. Guns aren't the problem. The societal influences that allows people to think shooting up a bunch of people is somehow OK is the problem.

There are something like 310,000,000 guns in America. There were under 10,000 homicides involving a gun last year. That is a lot, but compared to how many guns there are, clearly the guns aren't the issue. It is the people with the guns that are the issue.

Edited by corysold

It's clearly a societal issue, not a gun issue.

We kill 1,000,000 babies a year. We allow Dr. assisted suicide. We execute prisoners. Our family structure has broken down. So in much of our society, causing the death of another human is "acceptable", then we get outraged when it creeps into areas we think it shouldn't be. Further, we see hundreds of tweets and posts by people suggesting the victims deserved it, since they like Trump or are conservatives. Really? We are a sick nation and it has nothing to do with guns.

There are a lot of guns in rural Appalachia and I don't hear about thousands of murders in those areas. But when it happens in the inner city, it's all because there are too many guns. Couldn't have anything to do with the majority of those kids being raised in broken families, with no parental influence and learning life from street gangs, could it?

People want guns banned. Would they feel better if he had blown himself up or driven a truck into the crowd instead? That still happens in places with no guns. Guns aren't the problem. The societal influences that allows people to think shooting up a bunch of people is somehow OK is the problem.

There are something like 310,000,000 guns in America. There were under 10,000 homicides involving a gun last year. That is a lot, but compared to how many guns there are, clearly the guns aren't the issue. It is the people with the guns that are the issue.

Columbine, Vegas, Sandy Hook, Orlando, etc... not inner city, not broken families