NCAA tourney gameday thread

They're lucky to be in the round of 32, knowing Breys teams Im expecting a loss next round.

Keep expecting, this team is fairly atypical compared to past Brey teams. Lottery pick in Grant, probable NBA player in Jackson, ability to pressure the ball at every position.

They didn't actually play that bad. Shot 57% from the field, only turned the ball over 7 times, just got outworked on the glass. Hit a couple more 3s and it's a whole different game.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also goes to show you that there are plenty of relatively "unknown" schools out there that can ball a little. I'm not a huge fan of every tom dick and harry conference tourney winner being in, but plenty of the little guys usually have a pretty respectable showing.

Who would you guys rather play....Butler or Texas?

Butler, that length of Texas scares me and they look pretty athletic. Both terrible shooting teams though and after watching them would take an epic choke job for us to lose.

Edited by ndomer4

Butler, that length of Texas scares me and they look pretty athletic. Both terrible shooting teams though and after watching them would take an epic choke job for us to lose.

Texas is horrible.

We should be either of these teams.

Dang bracket already taking a beating. OSU Baylor SMU. ISU Is the only one I had getting out of the next round so it isn't that bad but a lot of surprise so far. Going to be a bumpy ride, great tournament already, not for those with weak hearts.

I was at the game yesterday. Some quick observations:

1. There were more ND fans than any of the other 3 teams. Boy were they the quietest though. Plus, once the butler and texas fans came in, almost everyone was anti ND. They were definitely rooting for the underdogs.

2. Jackson is much quicker than I thought. With his build and quickness, he should be looking to drive A LOT!

3. Grant was so loose before the game. He was really working to get people into it.

4. Auguste had a great game, but he was really confused on D sometimes. He literally looked lost, like he didn't know where to go.

5. The texas cheerleaders/cowgirl dancers might have been the highlight of the night. Every time they came on the floor during timeouts, my boys became 100% silent and totally in a transe. It was actually quite classic. At one point, I asked my 12 year old if he wanted the binoculars.

I was at the game yesterday. Some quick observations:

1. There were more ND fans than any of the other 3 teams. Boy were they the quietest though. Plus, once the butler and texas fans came in, almost everyone was anti ND. They were definitely rooting for the underdogs.

2. Jackson is much quicker than I thought. With his build and quickness, he should be looking to drive A LOT!

3. Grant was so loose before the game. He was really working to get people into it.

4. Auguste had a great game, but he was really confused on D sometimes. He literally looked lost, like he didn't know where to go.

5. The texas cheerleaders/cowgirl dancers might have been the highlight of the night. Every time they came on the floor during timeouts, my boys became 100% silent and totally in a transe. It was actually quite classic. At one point, I asked my 12 year old if he wanted the binoculars.

That's hysterical. I am so old now, I can't remember when boobs first became interesting to me. I guess 6th or 7th grade sounds about right...

I had to watch the game on my phone, so I couldn't tell what was going on, but it did seem like they got a ton of easy hoops inside.

Although I wouldn't expect it from a veteran team that knows the history of our tournament flops, I think they really just did not come out with the defensive intensity needed for 40 minutes.