NCAA tourney gameday thread

So looks like we're playing at 9:40 eastern time. After watching the Butler/Texas game I see they're not the most athletic team and not the best shooting team. Doesn't look like they have a ton of height and from what I read they like to control the clock and shrink the game.

To me seems like the perfect matchup for us, and even though it's tourney time I expect us to win this handily. I think we run them off the court and set ourselves up for a grudge match versus one of the Kansas teams.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butler is a scrappy team who plays great, disciplined basketball. They won't turn it over, they box out well, have a decent shooter, and a decent athlete that can drive well. The athlete that can drive well did get hurt against texas. He'll play but he could be limited. With that being said, as my boys and I were watching the game, we just kept saying, that there is no way ND should lose to this team. If ND plays their game, and plays loose, they really should win this game by 9 plus points.

Love the fact ND won their first round game without playing their best. I think you need to win games like that early to make a deep run. Look for a more focused Irish team tonight against Butler. I like ND to win and I think Brey has really developed into a good coach. If he can recruit one difference maker(Grant, Jackson) every 2 years we will see many more trips to the sweet 16!

Still up at half. We kind of let up a bit once we got up 10, Jackson and Grant have to keep getting to the basket, especially if Jones is on Jackson. Jones is in no way, shape or form, quick enough to guard Jackson 1 on 1.

I feel like Brey's tournament tension is falling on this team. They just seem tight. They aren't moving the ball as well as they normally do, and they just don't seem as confident to me. Also, Auguste is just plain frustrating. Hopefully they get it going in the second half. I want to see Jackson and Grant play super aggressive.

I mean Butler is a good basketball team. It's not like we are playing a bottom-feeder here guys. I agree that Auguste is the most frustrating player in the world. He has all the tools, but can't seem to hold on the ball, or finish through smaller, weaker, less athletic players.

I mean Butler is a good basketball team. It's not like we are playing a bottom-feeder here guys. I agree that Auguste is the most frustrating player in the world. He has all the tools, but can't seem to hold on the ball, or finish through smaller, weaker, less athletic players.

The kid has NBA talent, don't see many 6 10 guys dribble like him. But it's why he wasn't ranked high in high school.