NCAA tourney gameday thread

Sweet 16, F everybody who has **** to talk. They could have played better, but they won, and now we play either an average Kansas team or a WichSt team that is another example of an overachieving mid-major that we just beat.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet 16, F everybody who has **** to talk. They could have played better, but they won, and now we play either an average Kansas team or a WichSt team that is another example of an overachieving mid-major that we just beat.

Have Kansas in my pool, but ND would rather play W st of course. Hard ticket to come by though. Kentucky, ND, and either Kansas, W st. Maryland or West Virginia.

exactly how I feel

this run is impressive nonetheless

It's more than impressive. They have won 31 games on the season. VERY FEW ND teams EVER can say that. But they are also still alive in the NCAA tourney. So let's hold our "F Mike Brey!" until they actually lose... and even then, this season has more than exceeded everyones expectations, so why expect a f'ing final 4 appearance, right?

Well we pretty much did everything to give this game away... turnovers, horrendous shooting, and Zack Auguste who looked like he was playing drunk. If you can win games playing like that I think I like their chances against Kansas.

I don't think we're gonna shoot that bad again but it's possible. Grant has to stop forcing shots and turning the ball over, and I doubt we'll see Auguste play that bad again. Then Conaughton he's either missing everything or making everything. That was a bad performance all around but thank God DJ shows up every game.

I just laugh at people who call for Brey's head, cause if you think we can get a better head coach here your nuts. ND will never recruit like the top schools in basketball and he consistently beats top teams, he'll retire at ND and hopefully continues this run and many more.

I just laugh at people who call for Brey's head, cause if you think we can get a better head coach here your nuts. ND will never recruit like the top schools in basketball and he consistently beats top teams, he'll retire at ND and hopefully continues this run and many more.

agree 100%

becoming more and more evident

Hopefully this run can help us recruit a little better. We have an exciting team that is winning and some really exciting players.

I would want to play with DJ. He makes me think of an old school NBA guard like Vinny Johnson. Actually - The Microwave would be a good nickname for him.

The other thing is that Butler played out of their mind against us. 45 was 8 for 8 from the line and hit 2 three's I think. He was like a 60% FT shooter.

Their beast of a guard(can't remember his name right now) was playing on 1 leg pretty much and was really hard to stop.

It will be nice to be an underdog coming up so we can play up.

Im usually one of the first ones to be critical of brey, but come on not last night. "horrible" play? Were we watching a different game? Butler is my second favorite team. I have watched these two teams all year. Butler is one hell of a team that knows how to play basketball. This was a heavy weight fight. These teams beat each other up and this is exactly what I expected going into the game. Some of you are way underestimating Butler. By the way last I checked the Big East is not mid major. Butler is far from a mid major team. "Horrible?" At half time I had to ask myself if Dunham had a jersey on. A hell of a player that was put on lock down.

I for one enjoyed this basketball game.