NCAA tourney gameday thread

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wichita State's defense looks impressive. They're flying all over the place -we will have to be sharp with passing. Both teams seem somewhat similar on offense. Small in size with good outside shooting. I'm excited about this game – it will come down to who shoots better from three.

No one is picking ND to win this game. Vegas has them as underdog, every game preview I've seen has Wichita St winning, everyone thinks that they will run circles around ND in both coaching and players, and USA Today came out with their rankings of the remaining teams and has every team ahead of ND outside of Xavier, West Virginia, Louisville, and NC State.

I absolutely love it! Back to the underdog role, just like the ACC tourney. Don't think this teams needs, but it only adds fuel to the fire.

I definitely think we play better with a chip...

These rankings are strange to me. We were the ACC champs, beating Duke and NC pretty much at home.

I hope they come out to play motivated to prove these idiots wrong - and I hope I am right in calling them idiots...

I am glad that Michigan St is advancing, as well. A much better looking non-league win although nothing really matters now.

I definitely think we play better with a chip...

These rankings are strange to me. We were the ACC champs, beating Duke and NC pretty much at home.

I hope they come out to play motivated to prove these idiots wrong - and I hope I am right in calling them idiots...

I am glad that Michigan St is advancing, as well. A much better looking non-league win although nothing really matters now.

ND was unfairly ranked 12th coming and now still unfairly 12th after two rounds. Doesn't make sense.

Based on what I have seen from them during the first two rounds, I don't blame anyone for thinking ND has reached its limit. I for one, am elated with their season. If you would have told me before the year began that this team would have over 30 wins, be the ACC champ, and in the sweet 16, I would have thought you were crazy. To me whatever happens from this point on, is simply more icing to the cake. I do think this team got over the hump. They made the sweet 16. I really expect them to play loose from this point on. Hopefully it's enough to get them to the elite 8!

One thing I do worry about is Auguste's psyche. Does he rebound from his epic meltdown? I mean seriously those were two incredibly bad plays that he has to be able to forget. I hope he's mentally tough enough to do it.

Fortunately none of these "rankings" matter now. It's all in the brackets. Beat Wichita State. That's it.

Then take your chances with Kentucky.

Well yes, and I have echoed these statements many times during the tournament so far, but it just makes me laugh. They will literally be underdogs in this game, I couldn't love it more.

No one is picking ND to win this game. Vegas has them as underdog, every game preview I've seen has Wichita St winning, everyone thinks that they will run circles around ND in both coaching and players, and USA Today came out with their rankings of the remaining teams and has every team ahead of ND outside of Xavier, West Virginia, Louisville, and NC State.

I absolutely love it! Back to the underdog role, just like the ACC tourney. Don't think this teams needs, but it only adds fuel to the fire.

I've actually heard a few talking heads claiming they expect ND to win including Seth Greenburg and Jay Williams. They both actually stated that we are one of the few teams that might have a chance against Kentucky because we have 4 guards who can spread the floor.

I do have concerns about the Wichita State game. I don't expect them to play as intense as they did against inter-state / big brother Kansas but their defense is really impressive to watch. It will help if we can play good defense to get rebounds leading to transition baskets.

Based on ND's history in the tournament, I think they deserve to be the underdog in this game. Based on the ACC tourney, Grant, and how this year just feels different, I give them a slight edge over WSU. It's fun to see how, every single night, someone new can step up and make a difference. I can't wait for Thursday!

I don't care that they're from the missouri valley conference

they pass the eye ball test and have been decent for last 5 years or so

They are definitely a very good team and program. I personally think the committee did a poor job this year in the seeding. UNI and WSU were under-seeded if you ask me.

Based on what I have seen from them during the first two rounds, I don't blame anyone for thinking ND has reached its limit. I for one, am elated with their season. If you would have told me before the year began that this team would have over 30 wins, be the ACC champ, and in the sweet 16, I would have thought you were crazy. To me whatever happens from this point on, is simply more icing to the cake. I do think this team got over the hump. They made the sweet 16. I really expect them to play loose from this point on. Hopefully it's enough to get them to the elite 8!

One thing I do worry about is Auguste's psyche. Does he rebound from his epic meltdown? I mean seriously those were two incredibly bad plays that he has to be able to forget. I hope he's mentally tough enough to do it.

Couldn't agree more, I have no idea about Wichita State but I assume it will be like the last two games.

I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work today. I am really excited about this game.

I am having pre football game levels of excitement.

Me as well. Thank God Spring break is this next week and a few of my classes have been cancelled. Now it's just the gym, my last class, and the game ?

So, about a month ago I called my accountant for an appointment to do my taxes. We typically get together on a Saturday or Sunday. This time he said, I'm all out of Sat/Sun slots. How about March 26 at 6:30? I said sure . . . . HELP . . . so, I am going into radio silence in a few hours and not emerging until I get home and can turn on the DVR. It's bad enough I can barely concentrate at the office today, now I have to wait until 10:00 to tune in. Only upside? Fast forwarding through commercials and halftime.

GO IRISH!!!!

This is nuts!!!

To be the best you have to beat the best!

ND is 2nd best hoops in America right now.

I thought that after the ACC tourney and believe it now!

So here goes the trip to Final Four... Go Irish!!