• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the team wearing the I can't breath shirts today at the game

thoughts?

can't believe they're taking it upon themselves to represent the school like that, not sure it was a good idea

Especially considering it's spelled with an E. You're right, girls, you can't breath. Because breath is a fu(king noun.

Why is it not a good idea? Cops choked a guy to death and got away with it... If Notre Dame comes down on this they are idiotic. Let people/students express how they feel, that is what our country was founded on.

Because the advertisement of personal beliefs has no place on a uniform when representing something other than yourself. It gives the false impression that the university has an opinion on the matter. They can wear their "I Can't Spell" shirts after the game.

Supposedly the University approved this.

I don't like it, though. What are we protesting? One cop out of thousands might have made the wrong decision?

Near where I live, a cop was shot in the face by a criminal and killed. That is the flip side to this.

on their free time wear a shirt and make a statement

but while representing the entire university you inadvertently evoke a certain level of controversy while advocating any message that does not necessarily reflect everybody's views

they used ND as their platform

not sure college kids on college team's should be making statements

what'll the university approve next?

one of those loud over-the-top jumbotron thingamajigs and promote seat belt safety or address the latest social injustice of the times in between plays?

Supposedly the University approved this.

I don't like it, though. What are we protesting? One cop out of thousands might have made the wrong decision?

Near where I live, a cop was shot in the face by a criminal and killed. That is the flip side to this.

I suppose theyd approve shirts that say "Abortion is Murder" too. I wonder why we wont see those anytime soon....

I'm sorry...I'm really pissed at my Philly girl, Muffet, here.

I actually believe that these people protesting both issues are so uniformed and/or stupid.

Both Grand Juries looked at evidence and facts.

Both were racially diverse.

Both have NOT had one person on the G.J. come forward to say they were pressured one way or another...or to speak about the incredible evidence that was "ignored".

Why? Cause the over wheeling evidence is the police got it right...and the deaths were unfortunate.

Again, I believe people protesting this issue are uniformed or just stupid.

Either way it's a shame that this is the cause that these people are wasting their time on.

Thank you speedy !! But don't let facts get in the way of a good story. It is sad that people don't understand. The cops can't just let you go because it is a small crime ( which it is IMO and BS) that said that pos would be alive today if he just opened his ears and did what he was told. It makes me sad to see those shirts on the ND girls. My Portland trailblazers did it to. They should wear shirts that say: If only I could listen to words I could breathe. What a joke.

the team wearing the I can't breath shirts today at the game

thoughts?

can't believe they're taking it upon themselves to represent the school like that, not sure it was a good idea

This is embarrassing... The case is not as clear cut as people make it out to be when you look at the evidence. First fact - why are resisting arrest in the first place? When a cop comes up to me, I am as polite as possible. The ball started rolling for this catastrophe with that one fact alone. Second fact - he was audibly saying he couldn't breathe...if you can't breathe, nobody can hear you speak.

I tend to think that this should have gone to trial, but I don't have all the facts before me. The facts I have seen, however, don't make the grand jury's decision that outrageous. I didn't know all of our girls where graduate students in law school..... They should stay out of politics, and shame on Muffet, too. This is truly embarrassing, especially when you see our girls interviewed who think it's more cute than anything.

Combine this with our racist white privilege class offerings and you have the hallmarks of a school I'm about to turn my back on.

This is embarrassing........ They should stay out of politics, and shame on Muffet, too. This is truly embarrassing, especially when you see our girls interviewed who think it's more cute than anything.

Combine this with our racist white privilege class offerings and you have the hallmarks of a school I'm about to turn my back on.

^^^^This!! I'm 53 and have been a diehard ND fan ever since i was a young kid laying on the living room floor watching Sunday morning replays with my Dad, didn't even know what college was at the time as he had to explain it to me. This really did not sit right with me when I first saw it, wondering what the hell is going on with this great school that I grew up loving and believing in? A school that I would have given anything to attend and would have sacrificed anything just to have 1 of my 3 kids attend this great University!! Between the football team collapse and everything else that has happened over the last few years, I'm really struggling with my allegiance to ND right now. I'm at the point where all I think about is when are all of the bad luck, controversy and negative events going to end? :(