ND Men's Basketball

Hell, if this team makes it to the elite 8 I'll be happy. I felt the same way a few years ago, when we beat Uconn on the road. That same Uconn team who won a NC. Just up in the air about getting to excited, when Brey hasn't taken a team passed the sweet 16. Well, maybe he has but it's hasn't been in at least 10 years.

I guess I should explain what I mean by this team possibly being special. If they make it to the Elite 8 and maybe even the Sweet 16 and lose it will be hard for me to be mad at the year they had. I wasn't trying to say make a run at championship or anything.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I should explain what I mean by this team possibly being special. If they make it to the Elite 8 and maybe even the Sweet 16 and lose it will be hard for me to be mad at the year they had. I wasn't trying to say make a run at championship or anything.

I would be happy with an Elite 8 appearance. Sharing a bracket with Kentucky makes a FF appearance tough. For now, a win against Duke tomorrow night will be awesome. Duke has a heck of a tough four game stretch coming up with ND bookending it. ND has double Duke and a shot of Louisville, but aside from that they could coast through the end of the year. I feel bad for Syracuse, the back end of their schedule is Duke, Louisville, Pitt, ND, Duke, UVA, and NCState.

NCState is a better team than their record reflects too. Going to be an interesting month and change leading up to March.

I think we play better away than we do at home, or at least for this season. Huge game though and ND just beat two teams on the road that absolutely destroyed Duke.

I was trying to find common opponents with Duke and yeah, UM and NCState had a field day with Duke, this could bode well. NCState played us tough both games though, they are a good team. Like I said in my other post, ND is in a good position and it is going to be a interesting couple of weeks. Exciting season, almost makes up for football season.

I would be happy with an Elite 8 appearance. Sharing a bracket with Kentucky makes a FF appearance tough. For now, a win against Duke tomorrow night will be awesome. Duke has a heck of a tough four game stretch coming up with ND bookending it. ND has double Duke and a shot of Louisville, but aside from that they could coast through the end of the year. I feel bad for Syracuse, the back end of their schedule is Duke, Louisville, Pitt, ND, Duke, UVA, and NCState.

NCState is a better team than their record reflects too. Going to be an interesting month and change leading up to March.

I will never feel bad for that ******* Boeheim...blamed us for the Big East falling apart.

I just won tickets to ND vs Syracuse by voting on coaches vs cancer

but...

they let me change them to home finale (a saturday game)

only because it's a school night (live in Ohio) + I work night shift

ND vs Clemson it is!

last home game for the seniors too!

Hey congrats man!

Just want to say how much I am enjoying basketball season. I watch three teams. ND men. ND women. and the OKC Thunder. I have several games to watch every week, sometimes 6 nights a week. ND men are so fun and the women are going to run the table till the tournament. The Thunder are finally healthy and will make the playoffs and could conceivably win it all. Just enjoying the ride fellas!!!!

yeah I don't think many expected ND to be this Competitive in the ACC for Mens basketball. They're kinda showing that a four year kid can still outthink a 1 and done kid. Sure they might make the highlight real. But when a team like Duke is off, where's their leader?

I guess you could say Quinn Cook. But you look at Notre Dame. You have a leader in Cannaughton, Grant, Its not Auguste's first year. Now Duke has more depth. but our first 5 should do a very good job

Now I'm not saying ND will beat Duke. But if ND gets off to a fast start, hits their 10 3s, plays solid D, who knows?

Experience does pay off. I followed Duke when we weren't in the same conference. Coach K is a little out of his comfort zone with these 1 and done kids. I'm not saying he won't take em. But I'd be a little surprised if they win it all. Never count him out though.

I agree. This is the first team of his in quite a while that I think is capable of making a fairly deep run. Of course seeding and luck of the draw have a lot to do with it, but I like this team's chances.

I think tomorrow's game at Pitt is going to be very tough for the Irish. Pitt has struggled this year at times but it's still a tough place to play. ND has been very focused on the road though with some good senior leadership so hopefully they can continue it.

• 3 weeks later...

No reason we can't win out in league play. Poll comes out today and we should move to #8. That makes for a good argument for a 2 seed with wins over Duke and North Carolina. We could possibly win the ACC tournament. Virginia is getting beat up, Okafor is in a boot and Louisville dismissed a starting guard. We must be living right!!!

No reason we can't win out in league play. Poll comes out today and we should move to #8. That makes for a good argument for a 2 seed with wins over Duke and North Carolina. We could possibly win the ACC tournament. Virginia is getting beat up, Okafor is in a boot and Louisville dismissed a starting guard. We must be living right!!!

If they win out and end up 27-4 going into the ACC tournament, I don't see how they end up any lower than a 3 seed, and probably a 2 seed.

I think the Irish move to 9. I do think ND should handle Cuse as they can spread the wealth on the perimeter to counteract the zone, and have Grant drive/dish to crack it a little. They obviously need to hit their shots though. I still think they struggle at Louisville. It just became more winnable but will be tough.

I don't see them winning the ACC tourney but crazier things have happened. They will most likely get Duke in the semis and Okafor will probably be back.

Winning out and losing to Duke in the semis would be great though as they would be a solid 3 and get a little rest before the real tourney!