ND Men's Basketball

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This really is an athletic team with some potential. They really didn't play that well today and still managed a W.

Auguste MUST decide he is going to be a presence down low and keep people off the boards though!

Just one game. Teams have off days. Got off to a very slow start.

What I take from the game is that a normally good shooting team had an off day and still won because they can take it to the hole. I thought it was a great game and a great win. Watched Florida State win the other night so that was a better win than you might think. This team is flat fun to watch and very dangerous. Can't wait to see them play North Carolina. If it was at home I would predict a victory.

GT isn't all that bad...

Exactly. Had one bad loss to USC Upstate. But other than losses on the road to Dayton, Notre Dame, and a close loss at home to Marquette. It's not like they are losing to crappy teams. Decent wins against Georgia, Northwestern, and Vanderbilt. ND should beat teams like Georgia Tech, but it's not like they are scrubs.

True. They sure tried to give it away, tho, at the free throw line at the end. Auguste was awesome and is proving he is a player in the ACC. Now let's beat Puke!!!!!

I think ND plays #3 UVA this weekend, but still a huge game!

Great win by the Irish. Past two games they have been crap at the free throw line late the game. Need to work on fixing that.

You think after the GT game we would have worked on that all practice, lucky to survive those two games with those missed free throws.

If that happens again I expect our luck to run out, let's hope that doesn't happen though. What a start but I am still cautious as Brey can't win in the tourney.

We don't miss until our starters are dead exhausted. Not sure how you plan on that type of condition. Otherwise, ND's money when it comes to free-throws. (I refuse to be upset with Pat C for missing free-throws when he's been jumping around for 35 minutes like a pogo stick getting rebounds and blocks. Free-throws are 75% bending the knees and it's hard for somebody who's been leaping to the extreme to suddenly soften up his leg bend for a free-throw) I keep cringing when they announce Zach's horrid percentage but then he nails them both. It's a simple thing, really. Shooters are too tired to bend at the knee when shooting at the end of the game. If you look at their form, they're using all arm in the final minutes. Even their shooting is all arm. You can tell by watching their form and seeing them overcompensate from not bending their knees, obviously, and by the shallow arc of their shots. End-of-game tired shooting could be worked on, I guess. But it's really a crap shoot to try and replicate the game and situational exhaustion during practice. A great win, though! Especially with Grant playing a different role (non scoring but aggressive and assist man) and then subsequently fouling out at the end on a bullshet call. Huge game against #3 ranked Virginia on Saturday. ND will need to play aggressive and within the offense, again, and hopefully remember to bend the knees while shooting at the end.

I have followed every game this year both men and women. After the Northwestern fiasco in football I simply turned to basketball with no regrets. I love this team. I want to develop Beachem more and more. He can be a very dependable scorer. Can't wait to see the Virginia game this Saturday. Having a party at my house!!! Will hate to lose Grant and Connaughton next year.

We don't miss until our starters are dead exhausted. Not sure how you plan on that type of condition. Otherwise, ND's money when it comes to free-throws. (I refuse to be upset with Pat C for missing free-throws when he's been jumping around for 35 minutes like a pogo stick getting rebounds and blocks. Free-throws are 75% bending the knees and it's hard for somebody who's been leaping to the extreme to suddenly soften up his leg bend for a free-throw) I keep cringing when they announce Zach's horrid percentage but then he nails them both. It's a simple thing, really. Shooters are too tired to bend at the knee when shooting at the end of the game. If you look at their form, they're using all arm in the final minutes. Even their shooting is all arm. You can tell by watching their form and seeing them overcompensate from not bending their knees, obviously, and by the shallow arc of their shots. End-of-game tired shooting could be worked on, I guess. But it's really a crap shoot to try and replicate the game and situational exhaustion during practice. A great win, though! Especially with Grant playing a different role (non scoring but aggressive and assist man) and then subsequently fouling out at the end on a bullshet call. Huge game against #3 ranked Virginia on Saturday. ND will need to play aggressive and within the offense, again, and hopefully remember to bend the knees while shooting at the end.

He is playing multiple guys just not enough. Beachem, Burgett, Geben, and Torres could all spell guys for longer periods of time.