ND Men's Basketball

Women's Basketball>Men's. A lot, more fun to watch the girls and hey they are #2.

Girls r fun to watch. Great win tonight and looking forward to Sat. This is a classic Brey game. He is sticking with his 4 guard lineup no matter what. It doesn't matter that he is getting worked on the boards. Now we get to watch his weak a$$ soft zone because it is his way to rest his players so he doesn't have to sub in the second half. Yep textbook Brey.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couldn't watch the game, by the looks of it it wasn't pretty but we got the w all that matters. We needed a win for our resume out of conference atleast and that seems to be the one. Who knows how good MSU is but they are a basketball power and recruit alot better than us so I am very happy with the win.

Imagine if we beat Providence, we'd probably be in the top 20. Anyone think this gets us ranked?

Couldn't watch the game, by the looks of it it wasn't pretty but we got the w all that matters. We needed a win for our resume out of conference atleast and that seems to be the one. Who knows how good MSU is but they are a basketball power and recruit alot better than us so I am very happy with the win.

Imagine if we beat Providence, we'd probably be in the top 20. Anyone think this gets us ranked?

It was a great back and forth game and ND grinding out a win. They got dominated on the boards though.

It was a great back and forth game and ND grinding out a win. They got dominated on the boards though.

I assume maybe a game we would have lost on the road? I know we aren't deep but maybe we lack some length against these teams who recruit well.

I assume maybe a game we would have lost on the road? I know we aren't deep but maybe we lack some length against these teams who recruit well.

Maybe. This team fought hard tonight though. MSU was not exactly sharp either some silly turnovers some missed easy shots. We'll take the W regardless.

Women's Basketball>Men's. A lot, more fun to watch the girls and hey they are #2.

Speaking of the women's team anybody know where Oklahoma has been? He is usually the one that keeps everyone up to date on the ND women's team.

Beachem's got a torn planter fascia so he'll be out of the rotation indefinitely. Torres actually provided more of a spark than anyone else off the bench. Looked much better offensively (mainly passing and not clogging the lane) and defensively than Auguste looked. Somebody tell Zach that fade-away airballs and not boxing out usually don't contribute anything of value to a team looking for its first quality win.

ND WBB looked pretty good tonight albeit at the cost of possibly losing their star freshman center, Turner, for awhile with what looked like a separated shoulder. Sucks to lose her right before the big UConn game this Saturday. But the team played great despite and Jewel was basically the young female version of Kobe out there. Finished with 27 I think. Maybe more. I turned it to watch the men. Reimer actually looked like she was a capable player as well. Finished with 20 some odd points.

Great win. ND didn't shoot well in the 2nd half and still found a way to win the game. Brey is playing more guys this year which is nice. Geben, Torres, Burgett, and Beachem once healthy will all see minutes off the bench.

No he isn't. This is no different than any other year. 4 guys played over 42 minutes! You just can't keep that up at a high level especially with jump shooters. They are hot right now, but that won't last as they start to lose their legs. Burgett played 1 min. Burgett is not part of the rotation. When Beachum comes back, Geben or Torres will be gone from the rotation. He will only play 7 in the ACC.

I hate that I am going to be right because I think this team has a lot of potential. There is no reason why Colson should not have played tonight. Torres and Auguste should have gotten some time together as well. Maybe this would have helped with the boards.

Beachem's got a torn planter fascia so he'll be out of the rotation indefinitely. Torres actually provided more of a spark than anyone else off the bench. Looked much better offensively (mainly passing and not clogging the lane) and defensively than Auguste looked. Somebody tell Zach that fade-away airballs and not boxing out usually don't contribute anything of value to a team looking for its first quality win.

ND WBB looked pretty good tonight albeit at the cost of possibly losing their star freshman center, Turner, for awhile with what looked like a separated shoulder. Sucks to lose her right before the big UConn game this Saturday. But the team played great despite and Jewel was basically the young female version of Kobe out there. Finished with 27 I think. Maybe more. I turned it to watch the men. Reimer actually looked like she was a capable player as well. Finished with 20 some odd points.

Yeah. Auguste looked lost out there today and I'm glad Brey had the balls to go with something different. ZA was a liability with those jump shots giving ND multiple wasted possessions. He needs to learn that he is not the focal point of the offense without sacrificing what he does best.

No he isn't. This is no different than any other year. 4 guys played over 42 minutes! You just can't keep that up at a high level especially with jump shooters. They are hot right now, but that won't last as they start to lose their legs. Burgett played 1 min. Burgett is not part of the rotation. When Beachum comes back, Geben or Torres will be gone from the rotation. He will only play 7 in the ACC.

I hate that I am going to be right because I think this team has a lot of potential. There is no reason why Colson should not have played tonight. Torres and Auguste should have gotten some time together as well. Maybe this would have helped with the boards.

I disagree. The use of the rotation looks much different than last season. I realize Burgett wasn't a factor today, but he has been in other games and will be in the future. Beachem is the 6th man and will get significant minutes assuming he is healthy when he returns. I think Brey was impressed with Torres' energy today and even played more last game as well. I think he will be in the rotation. And Geben is the backup Center. He has gotten quality minutes every game, and I think his numbers will increase as well.

I do agree with you to a certain extent though, and definitely in past years. Hopefully the bench's minutes continue to rise throughout the season.

Grant is a legit player. He's going to keep them in a lot of games this year.

Jackson is going to be good too and stepped up big tonight.

Con needs to hit his threes but battles well down low for some rebounds and shows his athleticism throughout the game.

Vasturia is a spot shooter but it wouldn't hurt him to move around a little.

Auguste was TERRIBLE. He had no game last night at all. I was very glad to see Brey hold him accountable and sit him for the last 10 minutes. He is going to have to step up for this team to do any damage.

ND has no bench at all. Brey actually called his timeouts to pace the team to get his starters through the game. This will obviously bite them later in the year.

Overall, this is a pretty athletic team that is fun to watch. Grant is a star and Jackson is a good sidekick.

I thought they needed to move the ball around more last night. Also, they didn't seem quick enough to recover/help in their zone D. That will need to get worked out.

GO IRISH!