ND Men's Basketball

I think this deserves its own thread. They are currently 4-1 and really did get hosed at the end of their game today.

Grant and Con both looked good today. Jackson has come along since last year and Auguste looked pretty solid today. Vasturia pretty much just stays put on the perimeter but he can knock down some threes. I thought their bench looked pretty week, especially Burgett, but this team does have some potential.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this deserves its own thread. They are currently 4-1 and really did get hosed at the end of their game today.

Grant and Con both looked good today. Jackson has come along since last year and Auguste looked pretty solid today. Vasturia pretty much just stays put on the perimeter but he can knock down some threes. I thought their bench looked pretty week, especially Burgett, but this team does have some potential.

Talk to me in Feb. This team has no potential. They are going nowhere. I love ND basketball, but Brey just ruins it for me. The last 2 games the bench has a total of 49min. That is insane. There is no other team in the country that does that.

He is basically playing with 5 guys. He is so stupid. I would rather they lost this game by more or even lost yesterday if it meant that he got some other guys much needed experience and floor time together. Not to mention it makes sure his starters rest their legs some.

Brey is such an idiot he thinks the season is a sprint and not a marathon. He always has, and I just don't get how he doesn't see the error in his ways.

So, I would love to get excited about this team because I see some good pieces here, but it will just lead to disappointment in the end.

I do think we got boned at the end, but the play that killed it was Jackson making a dumb pass on a wild drive. Get the ball to Grant!

I think we have a decent 3 guys on the bench with Beechem, and the 2 Freshman. Burgette just seems weak. 3 years in the program and he still has baby arms.

Bray does need to play these 3 a lot and work the others guys in spots to give relief. I am intrigued by the freshman PG - curious to see if he will develop into a player.

Talk to me in Feb. This team has no potential. They are going nowhere. I love ND basketball, but Brey just ruins it for me. The last 2 games the bench has a total of 49min. That is insane. There is no other team in the country that does that.

He is basically playing with 5 guys. He is so stupid. I would rather they lost this game by more or even lost yesterday if it meant that he got some other guys much needed experience and floor time together. Not to mention it makes sure his starters rest their legs some.

Brey is such an idiot he thinks the season is a sprint and not a marathon. He always has, and I just don't get how he doesn't see the error in his ways.

So, I would love to get excited about this team because I see some good pieces here, but it will just lead to disappointment in the end.

Exactly, how I feel. No point in getting excited, especially when we lose a game like Providence.

Exactly, how I feel. No point in getting excited, especially when we lose a game like Providence.

You guys are so negative. The team has looked very good so far and the Providence and Umass games were essentially road games. Both teams made the tournament last year as well. I was not optimistic coming into the season, but the way they have played should at least provide some hope. ND basketball will probably never be a power house program.

You guys are so negative. The team has looked very good so far and the Providence and Umass games were essentially road games. Both teams made the tournament last year as well. I was not optimistic coming into the season, but the way they have played should at least provide some hope. ND basketball will probably never be a power house program.

Don't get me wrong I love a lot of these parts. The starting five is good, but it takes more than a good starting 5 to be successful in March. I'll quiet down though, but you will see. It has been many years same story and this one is no different.

Big game against Michigan State tomorrow, how do you guys think we'll fare?

I'm thinking it will be a tight game like Providence - I noticed that they got 56 top 25 votes last week. Mich St is #19, so they don't seem as strong as they have been recently. Plus, we creamed Navy who played Mich St very tough.

I am going to go with a tight victory with our edge being that it is a home game. This is our chance to make a mark, so we better perform...

I have 6th grade girls basketball practice tomorrow night with my daughter, so I won't catch the game until the very end...never fails.

I'm thinking it will be a tight game like Providence - I noticed that they got 56 top 25 votes last week. Mich St is #19, so they don't seem as strong as they have been recently. Plus, we creamed Navy who played Mich St very tough.

I am going to go with a tight victory with our edge being that it is a home game. This is our chance to make a mark, so we better perform...

I have 6th grade girls basketball practice tomorrow night with my daughter, so I won't catch the game until the very end...never fails.

I work so I'll miss it as well, that would be a nice win for the selection committee to look at as well.

ND is actually favored by 2 tonight. I know it's an early game but this could be a good win. They've been playing very well and msu has been on the road quite a bit. Hopefully they let it fly tonight and come out on top!