Natalie Achonwa... (torn ACL)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame. She is a great player. They will miss her. IMO she's done. This team is then done. They may win the next game without her but no way they beat Uconn.

I hate to say this, but losing her would have been like Baylor losing that dude that used to play for them. If she is out, then I just don't see ND surviving the next game.

I hate to say this, but losing her would have been like Baylor losing that dude that used to play for them. If she is out, then I just don't see ND surviving the next game.

Funny sidebar, I thought Griner was a dude too.

Griner is a dude...seriously...

As for ND, this really is unfortunate. You have to love Ace's drive and determination.

I will say, even though they would be HUGE underdogs against uconn without her, this squad plays as a true team, so you never know.

It looks like Ace is out....Torn ACL.....That REALLY sucks for her and ND. She has been a true force in this tournament.

Hopefully they can end this magical season on a magical note....but I won't be holding my breath...

It looks like Ace is out....Torn ACL.....That REALLY sucks for her and ND. She has been a true force in this tournament.

Hopefully they can end this magical season on a magical note....but I won't be holding my breath...

Well crap....

I felt like it was a cheapshot too. Baylor was frustrated and I think gave Nat a nasty shove from a vulnerable position. No one has said anything about it though.

It looked clean to me. She just stepped weird.

Notre Dame is chock full of well coached players. But McGraw does not have the number of blue chip recruits that teams like Connecticut, Duke, and even North Carolina have. Notre Dame will be tested, but the girls can prevail with a lot of good teamwork and perhaps a little luck.

I am starting to think that Loyd may be the best basketball player in the country bar none or at least one of the top 3. Problem is Connecticut might have the other two.

Notre Dame is chock full of well coached players. But McGraw does not have the number of blue chip recruits that teams like Connecticut, Duke, and even North Carolina have. Notre Dame will be tested, but the girls can prevail with a lot of good teamwork and perhaps a little luck.

I am starting to think that Loyd may be the best basketball player in the country bar none or at least one of the top 3. Problem is Connecticut might have the other two.

I totally agree. Honestly, I think she's better than Sky.