Natalie Achonwa... (torn ACL)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked clean to me. She just stepped weird.

Agreed! Although I found the calls abysmal for most of the game, it did not look like there was any Baylor intervention on the play in which Natalie hurt her knee.

The refereeing was just awful. A lot of phantom calls on both sides; an inordinate number of charging calls that were just god awful. I think Mulkey told her girls to just foul the crap out of the Irish, as a way of keeping it close. Evidenced by 4 of 5 starters for Baylor fouling out and the "almost-charge" call on Simms.

Agreed! Although I found the calls abysmal for most of the game, it did not look like there was any Baylor intervention on the play in which Natalie hurt her knee.

The refereeing was just awful. A lot of phantom calls on both sides; an inordinate number of charging calls that were just god awful. I think Mulkey told her girls to just foul the crap out of the Irish, as a way of keeping it close. Evidenced by 4 of 5 starters for Baylor fouling out and the "almost-charge" call on Simms.

The Baylor coach basically said "Sweep the leg".

IMO a shove in the back is never clean. But if it was just a unlucky bump it is what it is. She definitely came down on it wrong, there was no real intent to do harm.

I hear ya... I have played a lot of basketball in my day and shoving is part of the game. I agree, I don't think there was any intent.

Win two for the Nipper.

That's hilarious if you have ever watched Natalie play a game this year on tv. Everytime she goes to the foul line, her two little friends make a visit and poke their heads out.....Nipper....lmao