Lacrosse

Hey Okie,

They play Rutgers next on Sunday at 1:00. This game will be live on UND.com. The next TV game won't be on until April 21st on ESPNU.

The game is definitely addicting. My boys aren't into baseball so we have been doing lacrosse nonstop. My body is starting to show some signs too. My 7 year old wacked me pretty good in the hand yesterday. I also have a welt that looks like a third eye in the middle of my stomach from one of my goalie stops......and this is with a raquetball for safety.....It's great exercise though and a total blast. I can't tell you how hard they laugh when they look at my third eye welt!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 2Lakes....Faceoff...When they jostle for the ball at the beginning of each quarter and after goals. Obviously ULTRA important. There were times yesterday where OSU had possesion for like 7 straight times becasue they would score and then win the faceoff. ND had a freshman in there that just wasn't cutting it.

Hey 2Lakes....Faceoff...When they jostle for the ball at the beginning of each quarter and after goals. Obviously ULTRA important. There were times yesterday where OSU had possesion for like 7 straight times becasue they would score and then win the faceoff. ND had a freshman in there that just wasn't cutting it.

Got it. Thanks for the info.

Rutgers at Notre Dame today at 1:00. The game will be broadcasted live on UND.com at 1:00. Hopefully ND's offense can take a step in the right direction and put up some good numbers. I expect their defense to continue to play tight, and aggressive and Kemp, thier goalie, will continue to be the best out there. I'm looking, hoping, for a 10-5 type win!

7-5 Notre Dame at half. They came out strong (5-1) and then got a little lazy. Kemp is a good goalie but had a rough second quarter. Their transition D wasn't the best in the second quarter either. The second half is just starting and I expect to see a good showing.

Ya, that definitely did it. Notre Dame was defnitely better than Rutgers. Kemp had a bad game and they really had trouble clearing today. They should have beaten them by more but a win is a win. 6-1 and will probably stay at #6. Next up is St. Johns at the Meadowlands. GO IRISH!

Another big game for the Irish this weekend. They are playing in the Big City Classic at the Meadowlands against St. Johns on Sunday @1:00. St. Johns isn't the best team out there but they are good enough to beat the Irish. I think St. Johns comes fired up, in what will most likely be a big crowd. Hopefully ND matches their intensity and comes ready to play!

I have no idea of what the Women's team is like. I do know that the men stayed at #6 this week. Providence is 1-7 so this will be the first game that will hurt their RPI. That shouldn't matter too much though. I really expect this team to finish strong.

Providence at Notre Dame tomorrow @ 1:30. You can watch the game online at UND.com. Providence is 1-8 and isn't an offensive powerhouse. Notre Dame's defense should be able to hold them to 7 goals or less. ND's offense has really improved as the year has gone on. I expect them to have a good show tomorrow. I'm thinking 12-7 Irish!

On a side note, I was playing lacrosse yesterday with my boys and I now see why they wear gloves. He wacked my thumb and it literally swelled up like a golf ball. UGH!

Irish 9

Providence 1

Notre Dame played better defensively than I even thought they would. They were very solid and didn't give Providence many good looks at all. The score could have even been worse if ND didn't miss a couple of good looks they had. Either way, great, solid victory over a team who usually keeps their games pretty close, even though their record sucks. The only bad part of this game is that it hurts ND's RPI ranking. Up next is Georgetown at DC next Saturday. Georgetown lost today so they will be playing reckless next week really trying to get a W. The Irish are stride right now though. Keep it up!

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• We're all guilty of enabling the football players in making money. I'm not logging in every day to see how Notre Dame's debate team's recruiting is going. But football is a different story and others with same interest but more disposable income are funding NIL deals.
    • Btw, my wife has let me know that's she going to be rooting for the Irish to punt a lot this season... 
    • The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!